• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Search results

1. Hidden Mew

Has anyone noticed that Ash always fully-evolves his first catches/secondary partners, but not in Alola?

Rowlet was popular well before it got the Everstone. Despite not doing much aside from sleeping, Rowlet still seemed to be pretty popular among anime fans, although I suspect being really popular among the Alola starters helped with that as well. Rowlet got an Everstone most likely because it is...
  2. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

While I like Contests, I can see what you mean regarding the appeals, especially with May. There were often times during AG where they skipped over the appeals, which just seems so strange when they are such a key part of a Contest. Both May and Dawn spammed a lot of Ice type moves, but I don't...
  3. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I also thought that some Coordinators took years to get their ribbons. Some of the Coordinators May faced during AG were only able to compete in local Contests that happened once a year. I don't know how many trainers that could account for the amount, but I think that could make it more...
  4. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I always figured that there were a lot of Contests going on each region. It would require a lot of Contests being held, but I don't think it would be impossible for them to do that.
  5. Hidden Mew

Do you have any 100% IV Pokémon?

With the recent update, I was finally able to see what 100% IV Pokemon I have. So far, I have an Alolan Vulpix, a Kanto Ninetales, a Venomoth, a Jynx, a Snorlax, two Eevee, a Mantine, a Blaziken, two Mudkip, an Azuril and a Starly with perfect IVs.
  6. Hidden Mew

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

I'm pretty sure that isn't an unpopular opinion. A lot of people want Ash to be replaced and I see the same arguments over and over again every time a new generation is about to come out. There's just no way Ash can be replaced. He's been the lead for over twenty years. Ash and Pikachu are too...
  7. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Fair enough that Japan has always used the term Mythical, but it still comes off as splitting hairs to me. Mythicals are just special Legendary Pokemon. There is no difference besides Mythicals being extra special/marketable Legendary Pokemon, which was not really relevant to the discussion. I...
  8. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I really don't think that Iris's running gag is the main reason a lot of fans dislike her. Most people didn't like it from what I've seen, but it usually wasn't the main thing people brought up when saying that she liked her. I really disagree that her strength is anything noteworthy due to how...
  9. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Aside from the use of the term trigger, I generally agree. I can understand why fans would like Misty more than I do, but she does feel pretty overrated to me. Not having a clear goal and especially not having a lot of focus during her run in the original series really brings her down for me...
  10. Hidden Mew

I still don't see how becoming the Alola League Champion would really be an issue. This isn't even a League full of powerful trainers. Any random person in Alola could take part in it, which I think would make Ash's victory much less impressive if it does come down to that. They haven't even...
  11. Hidden Mew

That logic still doesn't make sense when we have seen other trainers who have won previous Pokemon Leagues go off on their own journeys. There was nothing to indicate that they'd had to face the Elite 4 or defend their titles. Ash winning the Alola League wouldn't necessarily make him the...
  12. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I think it's because of how that catchphrase made Iris look like a giant hypocrite. She would act just as immature as Ash would, if not more so. It isn't really the worst thing about Iris, but it was pretty frustrating all the same. I'm not sure if poor execution would be the only way for a...
  13. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

Not really if you're referring the Adventures/Special manga series. Despite its reputation, Adventures isn't aimed at an older audience. The battles can be more intense than the anime, but it's still clearly a manga aimed at kids.
  14. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

That's true. It's been awhile since I saw the first two Grand Trials, but I thought that Rowlet did pretty well for itself in both battles. It was still sleeping all of the time, but it still seemed at least capable of battling when it needed to. Now it won't stay awake long enough to get a...
  15. Hidden Mew

Controversial opinions

I just watched Meltan's capture episode. While Rowlet shielding Meltan was supposed to be touching, my first thought was how Rowlet is so weak that it can't even fight against Meowth. Meowth was able to dodge its Razor Leaf surprisingly well and instead of just hitting Meowth with another attack...
  16. Hidden Mew

They'll probably be able to keep Dynamax just for Gym and Max Raid Battles to match with the games, or at least not use them that often outside of those settings. It would be interesting to see how the anime tackles a Max Raid Battle though. A group of characters fighting together in the hopes...
  17. Hidden Mew

PREVIEW: Ash's four Alola League opponents revealed

Winning a League didn't prevent other trainers from going off on their own journey in the anime before. Why would that be an issue now? It's especially strange when the Alola League is pretty different from other Pokemon Leagues, so holding it to the same standards is a bit strange. Plus, Ash...
  18. Hidden Mew

We are well past the point where Ash could be replaced. He's been the main character for over twenty years, so I don't think that replacing him would be that easy as just giving a new main lead their own Pikachu. Every time a new generation starts, people want Ash to be replaced. I can...
  19. Hidden Mew

I'm still not sure why owning an Eevee is a factor as to why the female lead won't stick out. So far, only three female leads have own an Eevee, but they were all handled pretty differently and each Eevee had their own distinct personality traits too. I agree that Mallow is the most forgettable...
  20. Hidden Mew

I think it's far more likely that Meltan would evolve into Melmetal during the last stretch of SM. There's no reason to save that for when Ash goes to Galar and I don't think that they'd include some connection to the Galar region just for Ash to take Meltan along.