Search results for query: *

1. T

XY 001 & 002 - Hour long special

It's not a random Bunnelby, though; it belongs to a Gym Leader and one who has quite clearly trained it, judging by the battle. You have absolutely no basis on which to say that Ash would have lost because at the point when Team Rocket inserted themselves in to the fight, things were fairly...
  2. T

XY005: Gym Leader Viola Appears!

Re: XY00? Ash VS Viola? How can Pidgeot be his best when he never got to use it? There's no real way to judge it; I'd say the title of best unflinchingly belongs to Swellow or Staraptor.
  3. T

Ash and Paul rivalry

Ash's rivalry with Paul is an interesting one because it isn't a rivalry in the way his rivalry with, say, Gary was. The reason that they can even be considered rivals is because they're two individuals trying to attain the same thing - in this instance, they both want to want to win in the...
  4. T

Who Will Be Ash's Main Rival in XY?

There's nothing wrong with Ash losing to a Rookie trainer, though. Him not getting upset is absolutely the right call because no matter how skilled you are, you're going to lose. It happens. It's inevitable. This is true no matter what sort of competition you partake in - professional...
  5. T

New Preview of the XY Anime shown on special

But it doesn't. Serena's dialogue clearly indicates that she's going to Sycamore's to get her starter. While there's some ambiguity about whether she could have a Fletchling or not, there's nothing that specifically indicates that it is hers. We need more than a single scene to accurately...
  6. T

That's a really good point. The one thing that makes me wonder about the timing of all this is that we see Serena and Bonney together looking at Chespin in what's presumably a lab and it seems like Ash gets a Froakie within the first two episodes, since he's using to fight Garchomp with, so...
  7. T

That is disgusting. Also, why are we arguing over a Fletchling that appeared for maybe two or three seconds at most? There is absolutely no indication as to whether it belonged to Serena or not, so there's basis for suggesting that it is or isn't. Even the line that she says has no bearing...
  8. T

We don't know. It was a brief clip, so there's nothing to indicate if it's hers or not.
  9. T

Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

Not sure. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it's probably because Torkoal has relatively high defenses and Overheat, an attack that has a lot of damage output. Unfortunately, Torkoal was KO'd in a single hit, so it didn't matter very much.
  10. T

Could Ash's Charizard or Infernape beat Tobias's Latios or Darkrai?

Nah. Ash tried to use Heracross because it knew Sleep Talk, but Darkrai KO'd it pretty quickly. Sceptile won because it had both speed and strength and it managed to wake up after hearing Ash call out for it.
  11. T

Scenes you wanted to see in the anime

As opposed to real plot armor? We know Pikachu's base power is typically a lot higher, so by definition, this accusation is incorrect. Stating that a Pokemon's ability is it's real power when it's been weakened and incapable of using half of its moves is blatantly false. You may not like...
  12. T

What happened to Bianca?

No, he wasn't.
  13. T

Serena's goal : What do you think it is?

Actually, I think I agree. Technically, there's nothing that redundant about having Serena battling gym leaders alongside Ash as long as they have different styles and strategies. I don't actually see how it could be more boring than, say, having an extra episode or two of meh filler.
  14. T

Will some of Ashs pokemon join him to Kalos? Except Pikachu.

But you're basing this assumption on arbitrary stat values assigned by the game without taking in to consideration the fact that the anime prefers a much more organic approach to how strong any individual Pokemon can be. Even in the games, a Gablias with no EVs, 0 IVs, and a negative nature has...
  15. T

Review BW141: Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

Hmmm. The first, oh, two-thirds or so of this episode was actually a ton of fun and an enjoyable watch. Seeing Musashi in that weird half-her, half-Kojiro get up while trying to speak like him was awesome and, in general, I enjoyed the antics that played out through the episode. But, yeah...
  16. T

Will some of Ashs pokemon join him to Kalos? Except Pikachu.

"Coolness" is a fairly subjective factor and how strong something is in-game usually has little bearing on how its portrayed in the anime - quite rightly, in my opinion, and besides which, we have very little idea of how much of strength increase each of these Pokemon will be getting in their...
  17. T

Preview BWS2DA!E20 - My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Not that I think he'll take either of them along with him, but Fushigidane isn't exactly a wimp. I'd say it's a better battler than most of his other Grass-types, save for Jukain.
  18. T

Serena: Rival or travel companion?

What I suspect the writers are going for, and this is probably baseless at this point, is that she will have lived in Pallet Town at some point in her life. Prior to Ash starting his journey, she moved away to Kalos and is only now starting her journey.
  19. T

Will Cynthia return?

Too bad he'll never have the chance to use it.
  20. T

Viola: what role will she play

Hmmm, I have this nagging feeling that there's a lot of stuff the anime staff is privy to that we aren't yet. I'm sure this is usually the case, but showing off Viola is an interesting decision no matter how you slice it. If I had to venture a guess, they probably intend for Viola to appear in...
Back
Top Bottom