Search results for query: *

1. C

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Wishiwashi should be able to learn Recover... if it already called fish from nowhere, why can't it just call more when they're getting tired?
  2. C

Review SM144: Alola's Strongest Z! Kapu-Kokeko VS Pikachu!!

To be fair, the thing about Naganadel's battle experience doesn't bother me that much, even though I still would've preferred it to be on screen. Normally I can be a little nitpicky about explanations, but in this case, logic almost guarantees that there would have to be more than just the...
  3. C

Review SM143: Conclusion! Gaogaen VS Nyaheat!!

I'll excuse Ash's one mistake with Lucario because to be fair, Lucario really doesn't look much like a Steel-type... and Torracat beat Incineroar so I got the main thing I wanted anyway. As a bonus, Torracat evolved afterwards, which I actually prefer to mid-battle because it makes more sense...
  4. C

What are your favorite Pokemon?

1: Volcarona 2: Galvantula 3: Glaceon 4: Serperior 5: Scizor 6: Luxray (even though I've given up hope for Mega Luxray) 7: Ribombee 8: Breloom 9: Crobat 10: Kabutops If you noticed there's a high proportion of Bug-types in this list, that's not a coincidence. Favorite Legends/Mythicals would...
  5. C

Pokemon everyone else likes that you dislike

I don't have one I actually straight up hate, but One I haven't seen is Silvally (I at least think a lot of people like it?) I actually still like it overall. Its design and chimera-esque concept is good, I like the sort of middle ground between cool and ugly since it makes sense for what it...
  6. C

Controversial opinions

I meant 'Core sentiment' as 'Dislike of Paul'. I agree with that much, even if my specific reasoning isn't the same. I already said the post's flawed and excessive in tone, so I wasn't even trying to say that the rest is excused, or that the post has much else going for it. To me, what...
  7. C

Controversial opinions

I feel like most Sirfetch'd, having trained hard and become Fighting-type, have become too tough and lean to be good oven roasts. The secret to overcoming this is to keep them from training for a while and fatten them up.
  8. C

Controversial opinions

I will agree with you in certain ways, namely: 1: I've grown to dislike all 'Sue' terminology as a whole, since it's far too imprecise and open to interpretation. By time your intent is explained well enough, the term usually becomes unnecessary anyway. 2: The tumblr post really is flawed and...
  9. C

Controversial opinions

I can't say I'm too disappointed, since this is pretty much exactly what I was expecting. But the brevity comes off like you don't really want me to try coaxing anything else out of you, so I won't. But... moving past that, I want to at least follow up on what I mean by punishment, I don't...
  10. C

Controversial opinions

I typically try to keep quiet about Paul, because bringing him up is often a Jumbo Sized Can Of Worms, and no one's mind ends up changing anyway, buuutttt.... to come at this with the expectation that I'm not going to change any minds and am basically just giving my opinion on why I can't stand...
  11. C

Underused characters, powers, items...

While there are a semi-decent amount of double battles, I still would like more. It's always been slightly odd to me that the 'official' metagame is all about double battles but the story mode and anime are mostly singles. I mean, I sort of get why, but it wouldn't hurt to change it up some...
  12. C

Review SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

It partially makes sense that Empoleon isn't all that tough if it's mostly a research Pokemon. It would need some level of strength and endurance since its an active job and it might have to defend itself every now and then, but it wouldn't exactly be some kind of battle god just because it's...
  13. C

To me, it actually does make complete sense that someone could be upset with this but still like Lycanroc a lot. You shouldn't automatically assume people's thoughts and feelings just because you don't see how there could be an alternative. It's like this: If you like Lycanroc but dislike...
  14. C

I keep trying not to be upset about how the anime handles damage and type-effectiveness But it's so hard when they just refuse to be consistent about it, even in battles this important. One minute it matters, the very next it doesn't. It's even more frustrating when Kukui's specialty is...
  15. C

Preview SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

The secret to Rowlet: it also swallowed an Exp. Share offscreen fitting because it'd lend even more to the feel that it's kind of unintentionally a cheater. (still don't understand how a decoy lets you escape a move you're already trapped in...) Then again, it's not Rowlet's fault that anime...
  16. C

Controversial opinions

I feel like Tracy is just really neutral. Nothing exciting, but nothing terrible either. He just kinda exists. He's so neutral to me that I'm not even really sure how to make him better? I can't think of anything that bothers me enough to make me seriously motivated to change it. Whenever I...
  17. C

Who Is The Best Pokegirl For Ash?

I used to be a hardcore Ash/May shipper to the point of hating Ash/Dawn on principal, but that was literally a decade ago. At this point, both Ash/May and Ash/Dawn are just mildly cute to me. Now I have like a weird like/dislike with Amourshipping. On one hand I think it is kind of cute, on...
  18. C

Ships you dislike

I have mixed feelings on Amour I wrote a fic partially about it and reached over 200k words before I deleted it for personal reasons. Obviously, I don't actually dislike it. I think it has potential, I just think the actual handling... kinda sucked. And no, I'm not just saying "wahh, they...
  19. C

Controversial opinions

I also took Goodra's performance to mostly be Ash's own fault. Just off the top of my head, there's more he could've done pretty easily. Use Ice Beam to make walls and slow opponents down. Honestly, I'd abandon Bide entirely. There are multiple better moves. Iron Tail, Sludge Wave, Muddy...
  20. C

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Welp, looks like Gou's a boy after all. I gotta admit I'm a little upset, it'd be refreshing to see a less feminine girl whose goals have more structure and progression. Misty and Iris had goals that were good on paper, but really suffered from having so little substance/structure to them...
Back
Top Bottom