• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. stunning_cyan

Your controversial opinions

It doesn't mean that for to be certain, but all real world locations have the same focus on agriculture and from a symbolical point of view, agriculture based gym can't be one of the last because agriculture - country bumpkins, home town, farms. With fantasy, you can create ultra tech countries...
  2. stunning_cyan

Your controversial opinions

Today is the day I realized I don't want any new Pokemon games based on real life countries. I wouldn't say I hate them but I realized how limiting they are narratively. It was fine with vague inspiration like Unova but starting with Kalos, the games went out of their way to include even more...
  3. stunning_cyan

If Pokemon Was Real, And You Were Standing With The Professor, What Would Be Your Starter Order (Per Region)?

+plus some reasoning Kanto 1. Squirtle - If it was up to child me, I'd choose Squirtle because it was least threatening and water is also strong as an element so a safe bet all around 2. I don't care about the order of the other two, both are fine in any order Johto 1.Cyndaquil probably...
  4. stunning_cyan

Guess next poster's most hated Pokemon

I don't mind its lore and overall concept and love DP but that said...Please imagine Palkia with only its head and upper arms, no lower body. And then tell me what it reminds you of. Voltorb
  5. stunning_cyan

What gaps do you think needs to be filled in?

Everyone may disagree but I think a game where you can play for different 'Teams' would be interesting. Basically, factions would make Pokemon world more alive. Not necessarily make them evil, just different though it would be fun if some were less moral than others (nothing extreme though). I...
  6. stunning_cyan

i miss the good ol' days of foruming

I think another reason why forums are dying out is something I noticed as 30-something millennial. Younger people (Gen Z, which, if you haven't noticed, is the majority of internet dwellers now) don't tend to write 'texts', paragraphs and paragraphs like virtually everyone in this thread...
  7. stunning_cyan

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

It looks like it is about to unleash a fart which it was preparing for a lifetime - and which can kill. Pawniard
  8. stunning_cyan

What video games are you playing now?

Octopath Traveler 2 and Advance Wars - all parts through to Dual Strike. Octopath is great, story is interesting but I am not a fan of combat - too grindy and not particularly original. No difficulty settings also doesn't help. So far story seems to compensate though. Advance Wars is great but...
  9. stunning_cyan

Running Out of Type Combinations- What Will They Do?

I misread it as 'this franchise will only stop when money will stop existing' and somehow it is even more fitting
  10. stunning_cyan

What is the most hated thing in Pokémon that you love? Why?

Some other stuff: I liked linear progression. It actually felt safe and comforting. There is actually a bit of mismatch in goals between people with lots of energy (young people) who like to explore, shiny hunt and grind and who like novelty and older, busier fans who can't dedicate too much...
  11. stunning_cyan

What are your game headcanons?

I have a headcanon about Pokemon breeding process and that it's actually separate from Pokemon falling in love and even having sex. Pokemon who breed simply exchange their energies and that's why ghost Pokemon can breed, including breeding with non-immaterial Pokemon. Technically, in...
  12. stunning_cyan

What was the hardest fight for you

Don't remember any gym leaders or elite fours/champions being too difficult while some did give me a hard time but I struggled with Battle Chatelaines/Underground masters a lot for some reason. I still can't beat some.
  13. stunning_cyan

Nine Reasons Why I Love Pokémon XY!

I always bashed XY based on appearances alone and in result played Sun/Moon first (shitty, I know, I am sorry) What surprised me when I first DID play XY is that I actually loved almost everything about it apart from probably too safe and friendly rivals. What is best, to me personally though is...
  14. stunning_cyan

Create a status move

Crazy Masquerade - (Dark) - a move that randomly assigns you and your opponent a type out of these: Psychic/Fighting/Dark. Because of this, you may end up having a mad advantage or mad disadvantage but it can be useful if this doesn't give a stab for your opponent or goes against their...
  15. stunning_cyan

Favourite cities/towns by region

Kanto: Cinnabar island! It's a freaky, hot place that belongs to a freaky eccentric and I guess I like both (arid things and eccentrics). Johto: Mahogany town cause of sweet Team Rocket memories Hoenn: Mauville, I only wish it was more steampunk inspired Sinnoh: Pastoria, I like the routes there...
  16. stunning_cyan

What Pokémon Type Are You? (Based on Music Tastes!)

Too many genres to choose from! Predominantly Ice/Flying/Dragon currently but also with a dash of Ghost.
  17. stunning_cyan

Wishlist Thread - What Would You Like to See in Future Games?

A perfect game for me now after open world war flashbacks would be some hardcore, polished remake with expanded story, like a 3D BW remake. Strictly linear paths/world but with even more story, more adult protagonists or even ability to choose your own age, ability to flirt with Ghetsis, maybe...
  18. stunning_cyan

Running Out of Type Combinations- What Will They Do?

I agree but also couldn't prevent myself from thinking that Normal/Steel is actually a very good typing to have, in my opinion. Ghost immunity is always nice to have, that would be like a natural enemy to Mimikyu because while it is not so strong it can get sneaky. And in story mode gameplay...
  19. stunning_cyan

Future Pokémon games being open-world...

Unfortunately I think that it's here to stay and also unfortunately, it doesn't work all that well. Frankly, they should just separate the series into two types of games: one for traditional fans, one for lovers of open world . Hopefully, they will put actual effort into BW remakes so they will...
  20. stunning_cyan

What is the most hated thing in Pokémon that you love? Why?

Lack of detailed combat animations. Not only their amount would be staggering to make but for me Pokemon is a bit like chess: an abstract game of wits. I genuinely like thinking of strategies and so on. Pokemon being punched slows down a battle and distracts. You can't turn off battle animations...
Back
Top Bottom