• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. OrionTheAbsol

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

An original world, huh? Some self-shilling here, but Stray takes place in an original setting. There are a few references to PMD but is otherwise its own thing. Here are some questions to ask yourself if you're doing some worldbuilding for a PMD-esque setting. What level of technology are the...
  2. OrionTheAbsol

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Like with any story, all rules of the setting will be established by you, the writer. But here's a review about the common patterns of a PMD story... The protagonist is typically a human whisked away from the human world and turned into a Pokémon themselves, and brought to an alternate world...
  3. OrionTheAbsol

Event February Event: Spread the Love Around!

@Beth Pavell Stray is the only thing I have.
  4. OrionTheAbsol

My final results. 02/11 Luceat Lux Vestra by silurica - chapters 1-3 02/12 Do Psychic-Type Pokemon Dream of Electric Sheep? by SparklingEspeon - prologue/chapter 1 02/14 The Long Walk by Beth Pavell - prologue - chapter 2 Black Heart, Bright Soul by Misfit Angel - prologue - chapter 1 02/17...
  5. OrionTheAbsol

TEEN: Orre: The Desert.

Alright, Ryoma, here for Round 2... kinda. I've been strapped for time lately so I can't cover too much today (putting aside the fact that today is the last day of the February event, lol). I noticed the present and past tenses were used interchangeably. Implied from the text, it seems like...
  6. OrionTheAbsol

COMPLETE: I'm A Marionette [MATURE]

I was going to read the last two chapters of "Heroes & Villains" but saw the disclaimer, so here I am. Okay, so I don't really much to say, lol. But it's certainly interesting to see the characters you love with a different take. While "Heroes & Villains" is sillier and more lighthearted...
  7. OrionTheAbsol

EVERYONE: You Wouldn't Steal A Car (But Volkner Would)

"You're committing a crime," said the cult leader of bowl cuts who tried to mess with the laws of reality. "Stealing NFTS? How dare you, sir." HOW. DARE. YOU.
  8. OrionTheAbsol

TEEN: Niente [one-shot]

I'm down for some Unova lore. Had a look at LLV earlier so I kinda know what to expect. Alas, I have nothing substantial to comment on here, other than to say that I enjoyed what I read. Kyurem is one of those Pokémon that I find particularly fascinating, a shallow husk of its former glory. A...
  9. OrionTheAbsol

TEEN: Black Heart, Bright Soul

Ah, a ten-year project? Stray is also technically over ten years old. And I definitely see that you put a lot of thought into this one; the graphics, character designs, world map, etc. I'm quite excited to see what you put out. Not too long ago, I just read a bit of Beth's "A Long Walk." You...
  10. OrionTheAbsol

TEEN: The Long Walk

At last. It's time to begin... THE LONG WALK. And a journey fic set in Johto, not Kanto starring Ash/Red? What is this madness!? I'm honestly jealous of your location descriptions and vast vocabulary, Thesaurus Rex. You made it look so easy, lol. And wow, this story's been in the works...
  11. OrionTheAbsol

TEEN: Do Psychic-Type Pokemon Dream of Electric Sheep?

It's been some time since I played Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon so the details are hazy to me. I do remember the students at the beginning. And I wonder if there will be a connection to Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, the novel that inspired Blade Runner. I can imagine...
  12. OrionTheAbsol

EVERYONE: Luceat Lux Vestra

Tired and off work, but I'm here to return the favor. I'll stop here for now. The premise is interesting, and I see it as an alternate approach to a journey fic in a way; instead of going the usual Pokémon journey, the creation god chose an artist to assist him. I wonder what he plans to do...
  13. OrionTheAbsol

Well, I just got off work and forgot about this. Sure, why not.
  14. OrionTheAbsol

MATURE: Stray

In light of recent feedback, I reworked chapter 1! I am currently reworking chapter 2.
  15. OrionTheAbsol

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

It's even worse when you consider text styles and horizontal rules. SO MUCH WORSE!
  16. OrionTheAbsol

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

Halcyone Kaito Karen (pronounced "kah-rehn") Manami Pontus Takumi Yoko Yosuke
  17. OrionTheAbsol

POPULAR: Fic Advertisement Thread

Chapter 13 of Stray is out! Kind of an angst/fluff chapter. Start from the beginning: Chapter 1 - Omen New chapter: Chapter 13 - Destitute
  18. OrionTheAbsol

MATURE: Stray
    Threadmarks: Chapter 13 - Destitute

Chapter 13 - Destitute Content Warning: Strong language, references to death and suicide The entrance hall echoed with activity as civilians and soldiers alike chattered amongst them “Time to rise and shine, little one,” a baritone voice uttered. A stout reptilian Pokémon shook the cub out...
  19. OrionTheAbsol

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

While this is correct from the game's story's standpoint, consider the roles of "protagonist" and "antagonist" swapped. From the perspective of the Amp Plains tribes, any trespasser is the real "bad guy." While they did jump to conclusions, they're not necessarily bad people. They just...
  20. OrionTheAbsol

GAME: Your Story/WIP Out of Context

“Come on, man. I just want to make conversation. I already told you a bit about myself. Why not talk about yourself for a change?” Orion growled, “You know, I can just leave you here and you can complete the mission yourself.” Hesh clasped his hands together and feigned a smile. “Please?”...
Back
Top Bottom