Search results for query: *

1. T

Was that actually May's Venusaur?

For some reason, a trainer's Venusaur briefly shown battling a Marill during the Wallace Cup arc was mistaken for May's after the episode aired (likely due to the Glaceon and Wartortle debuts that preceded the Battle Round), and this has never been resolved. It's even made it into the vast...
  2. T

Were there any instances where the dub temporary replaced any Pokemon cry variant with “altered” versions of the streched-out ones?

Obscure question, but I’m pretty sure they did it during the Wallace Cup/May Comeback arc, unless it was just the Appeals episode.
  3. T

About OS images in official books.

As many of you possibly know, images for the original series (Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto) look rather washed-out and blue-tinted (think of Heroes) in most official books nowadays. Well, some more recent books have used brighter-tinted images for Johto episodes, and I hoped the Gym Battle...
  4. T

When does the Kanto Battle Frontier arc truly start?

In the dub, the arc (or the Battle Frontier season in general) started with AG146. 4Kids dubbed Ag132-145 as “Hoenn” episodes, I guess. Why they didn’t go and ask TPCI to dub that part of the season bothers me (Misty’s VA was wasted easily), since they had no problem with episodes from other...
  5. T

The description on anime-universe trading in the licensed “Training Manual” is confusing.

Firstly, it mentions that “when you’re on your journey, you might meet a trainer who wants to trade a Pokémon with you”. Problem is, when trading is shown in the anime it’s almost always done using a machine (usually located in a Pokémon Center) that simply swaps the energy beams of two...
  6. T

Why does everyone choose Piplup as their Gen 4 starter?

I believe it's partially because of the Diamond and Pearl anime and how successful it was. I saw a meme a long time ago saying that people chose Piplup because "Penguin Time!" which is not the exact reason. I would've preferred hearing people say Chimchar was the most-chosen Gen 4 starter...
  7. T

What would be different in Journeys if it was written more like the old series?

Probs would aim for AG/DP writing style rather than the "OS", since I like that better. (and the dub is STILL full of appealing speeches)
  8. T

What does Ambipom's [dub] anime cry sound like?

Here's a common theme in my Reddit poles, partially because of the Ambipom Deserved Better shit. But since you guys take sources more seriously, with Dailymotion supposedly being avoided at all costs as I've seen people take dubbed clips from sped-up-to-avoid-copyright copies there I need to see...
  9. T

Pokemon Visual Companion: Third Edition First Impressions

Just recieved my copy [OK, it's the UK version with a different title but still the same release], and it's still contuining to be the same as the previous editions content, so let's get straight to the point to talk about the new sections: Firstly, the book incorrectly implies Ash fully...
  10. T

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

But then what could this mean? Does this mean Kadabra is a cocoon, or that the writer thinks that "All Middle Evolution Are Cocoon-Like"? And as for Kadabra "levitating", does that refer to Teleport?
  11. T

Does anyone else associate some Pokémon with certain moves?

Skitty and Blizzard, because of the anime
  12. T

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Pokemon Sword Pokedex entry Shield Pokedex entry Abra This Pokémon uses its psychic powers while it sleeps. The contents of Abra's dreams affect the powers that the Pokémon wields. Abra can teleport in its sleep. Apparently the more deeply Abra sleeps, the farther its teleportations...
  13. T

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Not as good as Goldeem for Misty-centric reasons. Deoxys
  14. T

What is the most forgettable Pokemon of all?

Everything since Galar
  15. T

Is there any proof surrounding the "Pokemon Journeys" English season name?

I believe it might be a rumor. I can't find anything on it except for some wiki pages. Seeing that the Thai dub name translates to "Pokemon Journey", that could possibly be an indication of it. And I'm against the possible naming of "Pokemon The Series: Sword And Shield" for "It's mostly set in...
  16. T

SwSh May 2019 Press Conference: Where Are They Now?

A British Sword and Shield tie-in magazine I blind-brought from a local newsagent seems to mention the projects that were revealed at the May 2019 Press Conference despite them basically being old news. Kids' gaming magazines don't really suffer from the so-called "Gaming Journalism Corruption"...
  17. T

What type of battle is this referring to?

But again, it clearly mentions the words "sport" and "competition", and trying putting that into an anime context since the majority of Scholastic licensed books are anime-based.
  18. T

What type of battle is this referring to?

The following text is from the Scholastic Classic Collector's Handbook, issued in 2017: "There are two basic reasons for a Pokemon to battle. One is for sport. You can battle another Trainer in a friendly competition. Your Pokemon do the fighting, but you decide which Pokemon and which attacks...
Back
Top Bottom