Search results for query: *

1. F

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Yes, that is correct.
  2. F

Wasn't a fan of either. Admittedly I'm salty because of the lack of Misty and Brock, which really kills a lot of the strength the film could have for nostalgia. And I think I overlooked their details when writing the PokeBeach summary because they're just not very memorable or appealing...
  3. F

I haven't posted on Bulbagarden in several years, so I'm going to just say that I'm @cvxfreak, the one who wrote the summary. I wrote a summary for PokeBeach because the webmaster there was the first and only person to ask. I saw the movie at Japan Expo yesterday. I'm fluent in Japanese and...
  4. F

Review BW116: Burn, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!

So in this episode, we got flashbacks of: - Tracey - Charizard - Brock - Misty - Damien - Primeape w/ hat - Squirtle - Bulbasaur - Pidgeotto - Koga - Poliwrath - Liza - Charla - Clair's Dragonair - Gary's Blastoise - Noland's Articuno - Swellow (spoken)
  5. F

Preview BW116 "Burn up, Lizardon! VS Kairyu!!"

Watching the episode now! - Tracey made a non-speaking cameo during Professor Oak's broadcast introducing the Kanto starters. - Ash now flashing back to when he first Charmander on the rock and he and Brock rescued it from the storm and Spearow. - Shows Charmander rejecting Damien (who speaks...
  6. F

If Ash makes it to the finals this League, should Trip be there with him?

I want Tobias to come back and be the match up before Trip.
  7. F

Do Ash's older friends still keep in contact with him?

With luck, they all have Facebook and Twitter accounts, so all these things can go without saying. :) I can just imagine it now: @Hoenn_Haruka ワカバタウンに到着なう!Made it to New Bark Town!
  8. F

Japanese with Subtitles, or Dub?

Voted for the third option. ;) From my perspective, when the English VAs changed, then so did much of the show's personality. In many ways, the dub today feels very different from before 2006. With that in mind, I also now live in Japan and sometimes watch the show here, and it too feels just...
  9. F

Review S13 EP32: The Semi-Final Frontier!

I really hope Tobias and Ash face off again in the Unova League. Make that the semi-finals match and the match against Shooti the final match. :P
  10. F

If Paul returns, would he be nicer??

I don't disagree with this post at all. But the original question is why Paul would have a reason to go to Unova, and well, there's one reason: a league.
  11. F

If Paul returns, would he be nicer??

Where else could he go at this point? Aside from the Isshu League, he could either go to the Orange Islands or the Battle Frontier, the latter which seems most likely.
  12. F

Darkrai to be distributed in Japan: Mamoswine to also be available on Global Link

I'm reading the Japanese website and it says we can't get both the ANA and Winter Vacation versions on the same cart, while the Bulbanews page says we can...
  13. F

Review S13 EP27: Casting a Paul on Barry!

I would have taken the Johto-style Round Robbin with Ash, Conway and Barry in trio.
  14. F

Do you think that TR will be written out after BW??

I'm hoping they are. Can't really stand them in BW. Realistically though, I think Meowth is second only to Pikachu in terms of popularity. That's the issue with getting rid of Ash, too. He and Pikachu make the perfect pair that's hard to replicate. Meowth without TR would be another thing hard...
  15. F

Review BW003: Mijumaru! Meguroco! Close Call!!

Ash and Iris' reaction at the very beginning reminds me of Ash and Misty from the OS.
  16. F

Funniest Anime Moments of All Time?

Jessie capturing Seviper. That episode was just comedy gold all around.
  17. F

Will Cynthia and Looker appear in Best Wishes too?

I can imagine her coming back in a similar vein as Brandon in DP or Lance in AG, but we shouldn't expect her to take any spotlight in BW. BW should be all about Black and White characters and plots, so giving Cynthia such a spotlight makes very little sense. She had her time in DP.
  18. F

If Ash keeps starting over....

I think it would be interesting to have Ash cycle through Pokemon from time to time. Kairyu brought up an interesting way to do it: have Ash bring back a previous Pokemon of the same type (or whatever) as the new one and then let it get some training done. Having Ash bring back Swellow or...
  19. F

Why do the English writers of the Anime use titles based on other titles?

I always chalked up the differences to differences in culture. There's a reason why translated Japanese titles sound awkward in English: it's because they are very awkward. It just fits modern American pop culture to not be so serious when it comes to stuff like episode titles. As a speaker...
Back
Top Bottom