• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

• Users: Zeta
  • Order by date
  1. Z

SwSh What do you think of James Turner being the art director for Sword and Shield

I think in general there were always Westerny Pokemon and humanoid Pokemon but those were mixed in with way more animalistic or kaiju-themed Pokemon. In recent years, it feels like animal Pokemon are on the decline in favor of humanoid and western-themed designs. I do think that Yokai Watch...
  2. Z

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

I think there were internal names that differed from the public names for the type. Like we know that Flying is often called the "Bird" type in early design docs. I wouldn't be surprised if the design doc listed normal as something like "Kemono" or "Ju" for "Beast-Type" and the internal...
  3. Z

SwSh Regional Dex Discussion

I don't care. GameFreak claimed it was for the launch of Pokemon Bank! Either they lied to US THEN OR THEY ARE LYING TO US NOW. T H A T I S S I M P L E!
  4. Z

They don't do their 3D modeling. It's contracted out to Creatures Inc. Because GameFreak themselves have admitted they had no experienced members of the team to handle it. These models were then intended to be used indefinitely so that there would never be a dex cut. But guess what? They're...
  5. Z

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

If you produce Pokemon that make the player wonder if it's immoral to let them live, as they must be in total agony, you're probably doing it wrong.
  6. Z

I think at this point we know it's not the fandom clammoring for shorter dev times. It's 99% likely to be Pokemon Company International who like to have Ash onscreen with a new Pokemon at least every other episode. The fact that the new anime is actually Pokemon Go the anime and will revisit...
  7. Z

SwSh What do you think of James Turner being the art director for Sword and Shield

When I used the term "Japanese" I referred to the modern conventions of art seen in the Shonen anime genre which also served as the basis of the Pokemon artstyle for the first five games. While Tezuka was the father of anime and manga, aside from the portrayal of children's eyes, the media has...
  8. Z

So I'm an amatuer artist but animation afficianado for both western and Japanese artstyles. Generally, you can break down the difference between western and Japanese art into a few key differences. First of all - Japanes art is very physiology focused, meant to mainly be appreciated while a...
  9. Z

I was so so excited for this because he's designed some of my favorite Pokemon. Vanilluxe is my fourth favorite. But after seeing the full dex, without spoilers, I will say that this is the ugliest generation of Pokemon I've seen and my life. I will add too, that there's been a gigantic...
  10. Z

Transitioning to 3D was a massive mistake. GameFreak clearly don't have a lot of experience, talent, or resources to make 3D models and they should probably go back to sprites done in the style of indie games if they want the games to be sustainable with their stupidly limited team and poor...
  11. Z

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I'll honestly be shocked if they did. If anyone, it would probably (LOL) be Melmetal and Meltan.
  12. Z

SwSh Mega Evolutions in Pokémon Sword and Shield?

Nah. Just like Pokemon Contests didn't return until RSE remakes, we'll likely never see the Megas again until XY is remade.
  13. Z

Also that "victory animation" looks basically like a ranged attack animation without the particle effects, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's recycled, too. Most ranged attacks just show the Pokemon rearing back and opening it's mouth, which is what that "victory pose" looks like...
  14. Z

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

I've always maintained that Pokemon designs just plain look better in 2D and early on I wondered if the switch to 3D might kill the franchise because of increased production costs. I'm annoyed that I was right, especially since a lot of the Pokemon designs (especially the ones intended to have...
  15. Z

SwSh Pokemon Home

Less of these stupid monsters, moar TOWN!
  16. Z

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Series has been out 20 years with no major gameplay changes and there's still not an option that goes: * "Have you played Pokemon Before?" Y< N "Are you sure?" Y< N skips forward 40 minutes of useless crap It'd be like if every Mario game opened with a 30 minute cut scene of Toad explaining...
  17. Z

Can you imagine if they decided to go with Detective Pikachu graphics and thus could only include the 60 or so Pokemon in that movie? That totally seems like a Masuda move.
  18. Z

SwSh Pokemon Home

I wasn't even thinking about HD sprites. I was thinking of literally just re-using the sprites from G1-G5 as static images. Perhaps players could even select which generation they want their Pokemon's sprites to be based on - like you could have your Pikachu display a Diamond and Pearl sprite...
  19. Z

SwSh Pokemon Home

A trip that lasts 2-3 years while the rest of your family is neglected at home.
  20. Z

I terms of re-balancing or reworking the system, I kind of wish they'd take a page from Pokemon Go and allow any move that's 50 damage or under be assigned as a Pokemon's fifth "auto-attack" move with infinite PP. I like that idea a hell of a lot better than Struggle. It would give all the...
Back
Top Bottom