Search results for query: *

• Users: Jo-Jo
  • Order by date
  1. J

Double standards.

What "feminist leadership" are you talking about? We're not a cult. I'm pretty sure you'd blanch with outrage if I told you that, as a man, you have no choice but to take responsibility and stage a public outcry every time a misogynist did something shitty to a woman. But feminists are supposed...
  2. J

Double standards.

Dude, feminists get dismissed as crazy no matter how reasonable they're being. Any feminist sentiment needs to be wrapped up in placatory remarks about how awesome men are in order to escape accusations of man-bashing. If you try to hold a conversation about problems faced by women, people come...
  3. J

Ikarishipping or Penguinshipping?

So... she was concerned that Paul might kill one of his Pokemon, ergo she loves him?
  4. J

Double standards.

Isn't that rather unfair? For all you know, they do, and you just haven't read it because you don't look at feminist sites (or do you? I don't want to assume). I don't see a lot of evidence that the fringe minority is particularly offensive or dangerous, just that they're annoying. For example...
  5. J

Double standards.

You're right, evkl. Sorry all for going into uber-bitch mode. I got pissed off and reacted disproportionately. Will maintain civility from now on. BlackJack, I don't know what to say to convince you, but women have a very hard time being believed. If they didn't, the conviction rate for rape...
  6. J

Double standards.

No, you've missed my point. Nomura has consistently argued that having women in the office negatively impacts his 'right' to "be a man". (Are these women forcing him to undertake gender reassignment??) He thinks that if all the women in his office take issue with his behaviour, then the problem...
  7. J

Double standards.

Hole to Nomura: STOP DIGGING. You think that your male co-workers are qualified to tell you when you're being a creep, but your female co-workers are a bunch of castrating harpies when they do it. You insist that I can't assess the situation because I wasn't there, but I only have your word as...
  8. J

Double standards.

Oh... my... god... LOL. I am amused and yet deeply embarrassed for you. You are like a bottomless well of sheer fail. Guess what? If you feel that you and your friends now "cannot be men" because you have been subjected to the horrors of having to work in a mixed-sex office, then you are being...
  9. J

Double standards.

Oh ffs. I'm starting to suspect a lot of you guys have never actually met a typical feminist, let alone done any research on a larger scale. Man-hatred - ACTUAL man-hatred, not 'oh, she talks about male violence against women, that's so mean, she obviously hates men!!' - is so fucking rare that...
  10. J

Double standards.

If we're assessing levels of sexism in the world, we can hardly exclude the uneducated. As far as I can tell, 'hate fuck' basically means 'rape'. Most of the guys who make jokes about it will deny it if you try to explain this to them, though. Which is total bollocks. The feminist movement...
  11. J

Double standards.

Ummmmmm, yes I can. Especially since the original context of this talking point was a discussion of lyrics, not music videos (though Christ, the music videos are awful). Shock horror, some women are sexist, too. Stop the presses! Then again, some women probably appear in these videos because...
  12. J

Doctor Who Club

To say nothing of the response when Catherine Tate was announced as a full-time companion. People are just butthurt right now. In a year or so, they'll realise they were being morons.
  13. J

Double standards.

Are you joking? There are more woman-bashing songs in existence than man-bashing ones. Ever listened to gangsta rap? For that matter, neither of the songs you listed are sexist unless criticising a man due to that individual man's bad behaviour means you have a problem with all men.
  14. J

BeaconShipping or EnergyShipping?

Like most people, I imagine, I have no idea what either of these pairings are. Apparently listing the names of the characters involved in the opening post would have been too sensible. I like slash, but that doesn't mean I'd automatically choose the slash pairing in a poll regardless of what...
  15. J

Doctor Who Club

He has crazy hair. I approve. A few people were floating Daniel Radcliffe as the next Doctor (GOD NO), so 26 doesn't seem all that young. Peter Davison was 29 when he was cast.
  16. J

'Magic Negro' Satire, RNC Candidate Says

Well, I made the TV Tropes 'Magic Negro' link, and I still thought this was shockingly racist. Obama isn't a fictional character. The point of criticizing 'Magic Negro' as an archetype is that it's an example of (usually white) writers trying to show a black character in a positive light, but...
  17. J

With whom should Brock be paired?

Misty! :) Just me?
  18. J

Singer, actress Eartha Kitt dies at 81

Nooooooooo not Yzma. :( :( :( Does 2008 hate awesome voice actors or something?
  19. J

'Magic Negro' Satire, RNC Candidate Says

What a little pissant.
Back
Top Bottom