Search results for query: *

1. D

XY's tone

Tone isn't writing. A series can be light hearted, fun, and well written with great battles. It could also be dark, but poorly written with shitty battles and scattered character development. I don't care what the tone is, the writing just needs to be better. Will it? Who knows. But either tone...
  2. D

Less creative episode titles?

Explosive Birth! Cycling Road! I know I know, it's a Japanese title and most of them are "Explicit Event?!?!!?! Hyper Tag Line!?", but this one takes the cake.
  3. D

Axew: Why didn't Iris use it more?

I think the writers were going for a more competent version of Togepi, and while it wasn't a helpless baby and had way more use than Togepi ever did (seriously that thing just sat in Misty's arms forever and used Metronome every once in a while for almost 300 episode), it was stuck in the kid...
  4. D

What was with 4Kids adding so many Pokeshipping hints?

Sounds about right. 4Kids probably thought Pokemon would be one of those "go for a year or two then end" shows. If they had known Ash's girl travel companions would be replaced every 4 years while Ash isn't all that sad about any other them other than for a short period or so and the show would...
  5. D

Preview BW122 "Reshiram VS N! Beyond Truth and Ideals!!"

Re: BW??? - Climax That's just plain...random and really out there. Anyway, I wonder what the next saga's gonna be called. Best Wishes We Don't Even Fucking Know Anymore Season X
  6. D

How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October!

re: How will Pokemon X & Y impact the Anime? - UPDATE: Begins October! Can the battles in XY not be complete trash with loads of stock footage and boring moves like Tackle and OHKO? That's all I ask.
  7. D

Did anyone else feel like "Season 2" of Best Wishes was the weakest part of this gen?

Re: Did anyone else feel like "Season 2" of Best Wishes was the weakest part of this Comparing those two seasons is like comparing two Twilight books with each other.
  8. D

Gen VI and the dub

God I just know the theme song is gonna blow. X WILL MARK THE SPOT FOR OUR HEARTS TO OPEN Y WILL BE THE KEY TO LET OUR JOURNEY BEGIN DUN NU NU NU POKEMON X and Y! BETTER KNOT YOUR TIES! POKEMON X AND Y! SOMETHING GENERIC CRAP! POKEMON!
  9. D

Could Satoshi actually WIN the Higaki Conference?

He can...but I think that these summaries about all this Episode N stuff would talk about how he won a league and where he's going next. So far, nothing. I don't think they'd just make that stuff not important.
  10. D

Preview POKEMON BEST WISHES SEASON 2: Episode N

Weary. Happy, but weary. Best Wishes (or Season 2, Episode N, PokeZ Kai or whatever name you wanna call it) mostly has the same execution: Good ideas on paper, horrible horrible horrible execution when it's actually onscreen with tons of "just because" for bullshit things that make little sense...
  11. D

Pros and Cons of BW

BW has this weird thing where so many things happen offscreen, and that's really really strange. DP went overboard with the training episodes which got incredibly boring I'll admit, but BW doesn't go far enough. Iris has suffered the most with this I think. With a big deal of her "training"...
  12. D

Preview BW105:Kibago Gets Lost!

This league just keeps getting worse and worse. Some lame "Pokemon gets lost" episode in the middle of the league? I don't even hate Axew, but seriously? Now?
  13. D

Does Oshawott not like Emolga anymore?

I think the writers have forgotten anything about Emolga ages ago, its disobedience, the Piplup thing, etc.
  14. D

Takeshi Shudo's Anime Novelization books

-So I'm guessing the reason Ash's dad never came back is because he utterly failed and was ashamed that he achieved nothing? Sounds like Brock's dad who abandoned his Gym. Maybe that's why Brock and Ash traveled together for so long to compensate for their daddy issues. -Mayor Oak of Pallet...
  15. D

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Caaallled it. :P So much for Trip, at least they're admitting that he sucks basically. It sort of makes the Don Battle tournament worthless now though in retrospect.
  16. D

Huh, it is strange that the episode pictures all correspond to the episode, and then we see Pikachu vs Serperior with this title. Maybe it's a practice battle or something, that or they're getting this train wreck of a "rivalry" over with and put it out of it's misery early.
  17. D

I can count the number of good battles Best Wishes has had on one hand, while the majority were just plain awfully written, awfully paced, boring stock footage messes, I really hope they step it up for the league.
  18. D

Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

-I actually liked Max for what he was. Looking back on it now, yeah he didn't have any Pokemon, but he brought something different. Him, like Iris are great ideas (not exactly the best when they make TV, but they're good ideas). -Torterra is actually my favorite Sinnoh Pokemon -I like Oshawott...
  19. D

Preview Start of the league

Hmm...a hyperactive kid met a few episodes before the league with a steel type (future anyway), and a calm older guy with an unevolved first Gen Pokemon as his best Pokemon...where have I seen this before? :P The outcome of the league is even more obvious now.
  20. D

Any good and fun DP battles I should watch again?

Ash and Paul vs Dawn and Conway in the Tag Battle Tournament, hell that whole tournament was full of good battles. Paul vs Roark was actually better than Ash vs Roark to me, but I guess I'd recommend both. Byron vs Ash, Dawn vs Zoey in the Grand Festival, Ash vs Conway in the League. I'd say...
Back
Top Bottom