Search results for query: *

1. A

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

As you noticed earlier in this thread, I'm sure you can expect a lot of such reactions to the upcoming shocking reveal that 4Kids had some new scenes added to the dub of movie 4 too... scenes that only got dubbed in Japanese for one special TV airing no one seemed to have taped, at that. :p
  2. A

Uh, sorry to rain on your parade a bit, but the T-rex thing was absolutely known to the English-speaking fanbase long before you mentioned it. I've seen it mentioned enough times I thought it was considered fairly common knowledge too.
  3. A

Preview XY105: Satoshi and Serena! Catch One at the Dance Party!!

Yeah, I know that. I just think a situation like this, where the episode is airing in just slightly over a month and we don't have any indication a new Pokémon is going to join the team (and we do have two upcoming evolutions spoiled), is one where it's better to play it safe when translating...
  4. A

Yeah, I know. I should've probably been more clear, but what I "quite disagreed with" was translating ゲット as "catch" in this instance, since it's a rather unambiguous translation of a title that's a lot more vague than that. I specifically asked Serebii not to translate the word into "dub-ese"...
  5. A

I quite disagree, specifically because of that "very likely" in your final sentence there being merely a "very likely". When there's no context to the word "get" and no indication of any new, upcoming team additions despite this episode being right around the corner... making an assumption like...
  6. A

Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands - Complete Collection releasing May 5 in No

Re: Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands - Complete Collection releasing May 5 i ...I don't think you read my post all all that closely?
  7. A

Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands - Complete Collection releasing May 5 in No

Re: Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands - Complete Collection releasing May 5 i I like how you're conveniently ignoring the fact that this site has been using nothing but the "official US DVD seasons standard" for what, at least 5 years before the first DVDs to use this "standard" even...
  8. A

Review M17: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

Going by the "apparently" and "people claimed" in Piplup's post, I'd say it's pretty obvious someone just saw the dub of the Diancie short and it morphed into "movie 17 short" and then further into "Cleffy short" somewhere along all the "I heard that someone said that someone said that someone...
  9. A

Preview XY062: Protect the Future of Science! The Electric Labyrinth!!

It was actually less than a month ago, in the New Year's Special.
  10. A

Or, here's a radical thought: They could just translate the dialogue. You know, that stuff that called Diancie "she" and "princess". They don't have to "think about that stuff" and run her appearance through some weird logic filter when the script they're supposed to be producing a translation...
  11. A

Luminose City Arc/Plot Speculation

(I'm fairly certain the reason Tomioka didn't write XY58 is because he wanted to write XY60 instead and didn't have time for both)
  12. A

"We should go out of our way to specifically avoid implying what the guys who actually created this thing went out of their way to explicitly state." That makes horrendously little sense.
  13. A

Japanese promotional material for the movie went out of its way to outright refer to Diancie as 彼女, so that makes absolutely zero sense.
  14. A

My first thought when I saw the cover to the home DVD/blu-ray was "Will 9 year old boys really want to buy/ask for something this incredibly pink?" So yeah, definitely played a role. Which is a shame, since I really liked the movie.
  15. A

The Region 1 Pokemon DVDs are terrible and yet nobody cares

Dragonball Z was one of the most popular anime series in 90s bootleg fansub circles, and had a significant American fanbase prior to it being licensed. The dub was also atrociously bad and practically everyone who was already familiar with the series had extremely vocal hate for it. Every single...
  16. A

They didn't. The early DVDs were dub-only. Later episodes "fixed" the issue by dubbing the episode first, THEN going in and censoring/cutting stuff. The cut episode then got aired on TV and released on dub-only DVDs, while the uncut version got released on bilingual DVDs with the Japanese audio...
  17. A

That was a misinterpretation made due to the standard release of the movie not detailing the extras it would include (and the TV Special is considered an extra, accessible from the extras menu together with the trailers, creditless themes and other standard Pokemon movie extras), while the...
  18. A

Review M17: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

The Norwegian dub gets it right, with "Let Pokemon see that it's possible to use their power", so I'll go with the "they had to translate by ear" theory.
  19. A

"Holiday Hi-Jynx!" — Banned Once Again?

That they did. I have no idea what's even going on anymore, AG14 is so full of dialogue you really need to have seen AG13 to follow. I'm sure a lot of the kids watching these episodes for the first time got pretty lost
Back
Top Bottom