• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. JacobYBM

Team Rocket motto animations

Sun & Moon Episode #7 has an original role call scene. The scene also introduces a new variation of the Rocket Gang theme.
  2. JacobYBM

Preview M20: I Choose You!

There probably hasn't been any voice recording yet. Sound is typically done extremely late in the production process. I imagine Matsumoto and the others won't record the movie until two or three months before it comes out, at the earliest.
  3. JacobYBM

I hope Tomioka wrote this. If anyone deserves to write this movie other than Shudou it is him.
  4. JacobYBM

Hence the use of painstakingly drawn backgrounds for a trailer and Iwane Masa'aki already well into the layout process. Wait...
  5. JacobYBM

Which animators do you like and dislike?

The problem with the Mega Evolution specials is that Iwane seemed to be held to sticking on model. The obscene use of CG didn't help, either. I certain wish they had toned down the post-processing on Iwane's effects, too. Anyhow, I like Iwane, Tamagawa (he's been ill lately, so he isn't working...
  6. JacobYBM

The directing and animation was also worse back in Kantou. If everyone had been as smart as Asada Yuuji became during Diamond & Pearl the Kantou episodes would've been much better. The smarter use of BANK animation combined with the extra drawings now allowed has definitely helped increase the...
  7. JacobYBM

There's a limited amount of time, money and animators available. That's just the reality of works of art made for commercial consumption. The staff have to make due as well as they can given the obstacles they face. Using BANK animation is a strategic maneuver meant to do good for the overall...
  8. JacobYBM

It seems like they brought in a guest animator for the enka scene. Mitsuda Hajime did it. It was a really funny scene, so it would be nice if we got more of those whenever possible.
  9. JacobYBM

The BANK animation for the Rocket Gang is solely to save time and drawings. In Japanese animation key animators are paid by the cut (shot) and in-between animators are paid by the drawing. This is why your average episode only has about 300 cuts and 3,000-4,000 drawings. When it came time for XY...
  10. JacobYBM

Do you think that It is a time for BW023, and BW024, and for the entire banned episodes to appear?

It would be nice if they uploaded them to Hulu, but I doubt that will ever happen. What reason do they have, other than pandering to long-time fans? Pocket Monster is unfortunately a series for the lowest common denominator, so decisions outside of the actual production staff to release episodes...
  11. JacobYBM

Review SM004: It's Mokuroh! Catching Pokémon in Alola!!

I noticed. Kiteruguma wanted to give Musashi some of his honey. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Sweet, sweet honey...
  12. JacobYBM

Review SM003: Hello, Roto, I'm the Rotom Pokédex, Roto!

It seems to me that Iwane did the new BANK animation for the Rocket Gang's role call in a semi-gekiga style, relying heavily on pencil-esque lines and marks to give a rough look for the drawings. It looks really cool and obviously a callback to older animated works, like Ashita no Jou. I swear...
  13. JacobYBM

Review SM004: It's Mokuroh! Catching Pokémon in Alola!!

The BANK for the role-call is done in a semi-gekiga style, going by the proportions of Musashi and Kojirou's bodies and the timing of their movements. Iwane was definitely channeling the realists, like Iso and Okiura.
  14. JacobYBM

Review SM003: Hello, Roto, I'm the Rotom Pokédex, Roto!

Iwane Masa'aki key animated the episode all by himself. It looks like his streak of working alone when acting as the animation supervisor continues!
  15. JacobYBM

Sakuga

I'm really looking forward to Sun & Moon Episode #3. Judging by the preview it may just be the best Iwane episode in a long while, especially now that he doesn't have to focus so much on staying on model. With looser designs he'll be able to draw more key frames and control the finished product...
  16. JacobYBM

Preview SM003: Hello, Roto, I'm the Rotom Pokédex, Roto!

Going by the preview Iwane is putting a ton of effort into this episode, more so than usual. He's also being allowed to go off model more than usual, which is awesome.
  17. JacobYBM

Will SM have a low number of major battles?

The higher number of good animators now working on the series will likely provide for more high quality fight scenes, so we're still in for fun.
  18. JacobYBM

Pokemon SM is NOT continuation of XY(&Z)

It's not a continuation of what was being done in XY, but it's still the general Satoshi concept, a malleable figure that can be placed into any situation. Satoshi isn't a set, original character. He plays whatever role the staff need him to play in the dynamic they want to create. This is why...
  19. JacobYBM

Pokemon SM is NOT continuation of XY(&Z)

No. Matsui Aya was in charge of series composition. They work with the series director to establish the tone of the series and dynamics of the characters. The series director ultimately decides the plot and the series composer works that into scripts. The sound director reports directly to the...
  20. JacobYBM

Sun and Moon Ending Theme: Pose

Iwane Masa'aki solo key animated the ending animation. It was nice finally getting him to animate dancing.
Back
Top Bottom