• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

• Users: Daren
  • Order by date
  1. Daren

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

I'm not so sure Volo being reused would work too well; he's sufficiently tied to Cynthia in particular it would be odd to reuse him for other regions and PLA put some effort into making him a twist villain who comes across as helpful for most of the game, which a character can only really...
  2. Daren

Anime & Manga General Discussion

So I did a bit of research; Discotek's recent Digimon Adventure release runs 69.99 for 52 episodes and doing some research Funimation released the Dragon Box DBZ sets at a somewhat higher price range (69.98 for 42 episodes) At that range a full Pokémon release would be a very pricey collector's...
  3. Daren

MATURE: Nori Carino: Abyssal Despair

Got a bad feeling Pawniard might cause problems with Qwilfish but for the moment he seems to mostly be making sarcastic and possibly deeply unsettling comments, and he does seem sort of loyal towards Nori based off the previous story. Nice seeing some dialogue elaborating on the Pachi/Demon...
  4. Daren

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Kanto had so much 90s sass, I loved it.
  5. Daren

Event Flowering Love ~ Spring 2024 Shipping One-Shot Competition Announcement

Exactly; for instance specifically shipping Ash's Staraptor and Swellow as opposed to two random ones.
  6. Daren

Event Flowering Love ~ Spring 2024 Shipping One-Shot Competition Announcement

Okay, I'm in. One question: for Pokémon X Pokémon stores would it need to be existing members of that species, or are original ones okay. For instance, a pairing between a wild Staraptor and Swellow?
  7. Daren

Yeah, I won't be too surprised if the "Legends" line ends up being used for experimentation instead of having a specific style the way the main games do. Shifting from mostly an open area to a large city always points at a big divergence from the first one in terms of theme.
  8. Daren

Easy games or smarter players?

In theory, Stat Experience might be more advantageous to the player than EVs because there is no overall cap (you could max every stat) and you got points in everything rather than each mon only giving points to a single stat or two. However, there was also no way fast way to increase stat exp...
  9. Daren

So is Journeys the Worst Series Ever?

It's used at least once; in Red/Blue/Yellow (and I think FR/LG), Lance calls you one after you defeat him. I'm not sure if it ever appeared in the games outside of that (and possibly manuals or the back of boxes), though.
  10. Daren

Personally, I hope the battles get more attention than in PLA. It was nice to see some experimentation but it had issues with the style system and gaps caused by some of the moves that were cut.
  11. Daren

What if Ash had a recurring foe in the vein of Frieza?

I think it would be incredibly jarring to have someone like that show up then an episode later we're back to zany Team Rocket shenanigans--there were years of Dragon Ball gradually growing darker with more dangerous villains between Pilaf and Freeza. To pull it off we're basically talking about...
  12. Daren

Controversial opinions

I think you could cover a whole game's main story in 50 episodes if you made a very lean series with no filler or wasted time, but I don't think you could show off every Pokémon very well.
  13. Daren

*I suspect the game will add parkour elements to add to the action elements of PLA while taking advantage of moving to an urban setting. Parkour was big in urban games for a while. *Z-A? Yeah, AZ has to feature somehow, right? *They may want all the starters to be able to Mega Evolve, so...
  14. Daren

Spoilers Future Pokemon Game Leaks/Rumors Thread

I don't know what I expected but it sure wasn't this: Pokémon Z rising from the grave like a revenant, reborn as a Legends game. Taking place in a city instead of a wilderness area is promising that they're shaking Legends up a bit.
  15. Daren

Speculation Future Pokemon Game Speculation Thread

Backlash didn't stop them from making BDSP in the first place despite the controversy over OR/AS cutting Emerald's Battle Frontier and other content, and it didn't stop the broken Always On Exp Share from remaining. The games sold great, which is ultimately the metric that matters to decision...
  16. Daren

Speculation Future Pokemon Game Speculation Thread

They should just skip to remaking Kalos; there's no enhanced version to cut features from so there's no Emerald or Platinum to unfavourably compare them to.:ayeaye:
  17. Daren

At the time AG was very bold for how much it shook things up, but pretty much all of those changes becoming the default makes it feel like the "safest" series now, in the some way some classic film or literature now feel formulaic, despite being what popularized the formula; the only thing in AG...
  18. Daren

I think it depends on if you mean contemporarily or in retrospect; DP actually got a lot of criticism when it was the current series. Honestl,y I think AG is the series I see criticized the least but also doesn't get praised as much as some of the others. I guess there aren't too many things...
  19. Daren

MATURE: Nori Carino: Abyssal Despair

Well, that still went a bit better than the first time he called out Pawniard. Progress.(y) Translated Pokéspeak! I don't recall that happening in your previous fics outside when Prema was talking to hers in Memory of a Ghoul.
  20. Daren

Nintendo Directs Thread

Japan-only Mother 3 release, lol. It almost feels intentional at this point. On the plus side, Unicorn Overlord demo available today.
Back
Top Bottom