Search results for query: *

• Users: Daren
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Daren

MATURE: Weakened Boundaries (Horror; Halloween 2022 one-shot contest)

Rated M for disturbing themes, implications of severe violence and death, maiming, minor cursing. * Weakened Boundaries I don’t sleep well anymore, of course, and it’s difficult to get out much, even though Wilbert takes excellent care of me (people unfamiliar with Pokémon may find it...
  2. Daren

Ceruledge Appreciation Thread

Discuss your love of our new edgy boy.
  3. Daren

Trainers and rivals in Scarlet and Violet

Since S/V are going to be seamless open world games it raises questions about how enemy trainers--both the generic ones that just hang around and the probably player rival/rivals--will work in the game. There are two broad methods--one is that they scale based off the player's progress (mostly...
  4. Daren

Discussing the identities of the PWC Master Eight

There are three confirmed members: Leon (#1), Lance (#2), and Raihan (#7). If the remaining anime champions are present (Stephen, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha) that would leave one unknown slot (unless both Wallace and Stephen are there). Of course it's unconfirmed the champions are all present...
  5. Daren

TEEN: Heist in Acorn Hall (Summer 2020 one-shot competition)

When a young Pokémon of a good family finds himself drawn into a family scheme he could use nothing more than the help of a good gentleman’s personal gentleman. …too bad his is on vacation. Of course a hardened warrior is the next closest thing, right? Inspired by the works of PG Wodehouse...
  6. Daren

If Kanto had been a three year series what sort of changes would you want/expect?

For numerous reasons such as coming out closer to the next game and not knowing what a hit it would be, Kanto originally got a much smaller number of episodes than subsequent series' (though between the Battle Frontier and the new series that's becoming less true and it might actually be above...
  7. Daren

Pokémon with specific roles in the single player game

This is a bit of an odd question but I'll explain. Pokémon is an unusual RPG series (though not unique) in that the vast majority of your opponents are useable by the player and run off the same mechanics--I don't think we had any exceptions until Sun and Moon outside maybe the Pokéstar studio...
  8. Daren

Interesting, Funny, or Memorable Glitches in Video Games

Bugs. Many games have them, some more or less obvious than others. Some games have more than others. This thread is for discussing glitches and bugs you consider noteworthy for whatever reason, or simply amusing. Many people here are likely familiar with Pokémon R/B's MissingNo, for instance...
  9. Daren

Do you think the anime will have a full conclusion or simply an end?

Perhaps a bit of an unclear question so I'll explain what I mean. A full conclusion is one where the general plot introduced by the series is fully closed. The Evil Empire is defeated, the lead wins over their love interest. That sort of thing. For instance Avatar the Last Airbender. However...
  10. Daren

Pokémon.com creates a playlist of the most memorable episodes

https://watch.pokemon.com/en-us/season.html?id=most-memorable-episodes So, what episodes do you think should be there but aren't? Are there any you don't think belong? I'm going to say SM139 is a pretty obvious absence, at least. I'm also a bit iffy on Pikachu's Goodbye getting on, though I...
  11. Daren

From an out of universe standpoint, why do you think Ash won the Alola league?

It’s been quite a few months now since the big day where Ash/Satoshi finally won a (game based) regional league. Now we’re some ways into the newest series and the question is: Why? Ash winning a regional league had been steadfastly denied for two decades, so what changed? Firstly, I want to...
  12. Daren

Musings & Miscellaneous Articles (current: Legends: Arceus Thoughts)

I've decided to make a blog. I find I have lots of things I'd like to write about, but they aren't worth making a topic for. Contents: 2: Historical Anecdote: Sun Quan 3: My Gaming Influence: Ogre Battle 4: Random Reflections on Decades of Pokémon 5: Platinum Travel Log Day 1 (links to later...
  13. Daren

TEEN: Pokémon Magic Act & Everlight Stories (Most recent: Chapter 4)
    Threadmarks: Table of Contents

In a Mystery Dungeon world where technology survived, two storylines run parallel, influence, cross over, and eventually collide. * This is an experimental story; the first two acts will show two stories with different protagonists and different themes and genres (and very different views on...
  14. Daren

For fun: How could the main anime be used to advertise Mystery Dungeon?

Just an amusing challenge in celebration of Mystery Dungeon DX's release. The AG era saw the first Mystery Dungeon game, which was released while Japan was airing the Battle Frontier (a bit after the battle with Greta, I believe). Understandably, unlike Ranger they did not try to advertise it in...
  15. Daren

GEN VI: Looking for: Marvel Scale Dratini

IVs and nature aren't important. Female would be nice, but is not required. In return I can offer any of: *Female Fennekin with 31 Attack and Special Defense (but zero speed) and Magician (yeah, bad spread, but it's a Female with Magician). *Adamant Male Snorlax with Thick Fat and 31 in Attack...
  16. Daren

Marcus' Unusual Journey (Adventure, Comedy), PG-13

*** Rated PG-13 (for later chapters, of which there will be a number). An adventure/humor, starring an OC and his band of slightly unhinged Pokemon. Taking place in the animeverse (actual canon characters will appear later), it's not entirely comedic(there IS more serious stuff), but it's...
  17. Daren

COMPLETE: Dragonslayers (comedy, anime one-shot, rated PG)

Hello, BMGF! Having been here a reasonable time, now, I thought it was time to upload a fic. I'd thought of the general idea a long time ago, but only now actually bothered writing it out. Summary While taking his vacation, TR's Meowth finds himself witnessing a beautiful Skitty's...
  18. Daren

New Member: Hello!

Hi. Been lurking like a horrible shadow for a long time, and finally, finally decided to register, already. I was hoping to enter with something profound, but as I am decidedly unprofound or wise, I have failed. Oh well. See you all around.
Back
Top Bottom