Search results for query: *

1. J

How Popular is Pokemon?

It's the second best-selling Nintendo franchise, after the Mario games. Overall, I don't know how it ranks. Pokémon will probably never again be as popular as it was in the late '90s, but it obviously still sells well or they wouldn't keep making new games and products. I still see kids and...
  2. J

How did you get into pokemon?

I remember first hearing about this new thing called "Pokémon" in September 1998 when the video games and the anime came stateside. There was a little blurb in Disney Adventures magazine about it, but it didn't really tell me anything about the game. Nor did that confusing print ad for Red and...
  3. J

Pokemanz?

I work at Walmart, so I often get parents coming up to me and asking "Excuse me, where are the Pokeyman cards?" And I always make it a point to respond "Pokémon cards? Sure, right over there." Irritates the shit outta me. It's been fourteen years, learn how to fucking say it right.
  4. J

Random things in Pokémon that remind you of other things and vice versa

I have a lot of Pokémon-related nostalgia bombs. For instance, Christmas 1999, I got Pokémon Blue and my dad got Santana's Supernatural album. I'd play my game in the car while he played that album, and the two became forever interlinked in my mind. Any song off that album is enough to remind me...
  5. J

Who do you think is the most beautifulest woman character in the Pokemon universe?

Re: Who do you think is the most beautifulest woman character in the Pokemon universe Half the Internet summed up in one sentence. In all seriousness, I'm still gonna have to stick with Asuna (Flannery) on this one.
  6. J

Have you ever quit Pokemon?

The only time I deliberately quit was in the fall of 2001, during my sophomore year of high school, because I wanted people to like me. I'd never had any real friends throughout my entire public schooling experience, and the fact that I was in high school and still liked Pokémon wasn't really...
  7. J

EVERYONE: Jouto Redux

Chapter 6 ended up being shorter than I'd expected, but I figure it's better to have a short chapter than to pad it out with stuff I don't need. ---- Chapter 6 Bitter Rivalry The journey along the two and a half kilometers between Hiiragi’s farm and the border of Yoshino City dragged by...
  8. J

Who would you pick as your girlfriend/boyfriend?

The implications of this thread are a little disturbing. Who would you "pick"? Like, people are just items you can choose from off a shelf? And if they don't want to be chosen by you, too bad? Little creepy... Now, that being said, if I had to choose which character I find the most attractive...
  9. J

What's Your Favorite Pokemon Adaptation?

Special seems to be the one adaptation that utilizes the most potential of the world presented by the video games. And yeah, it's kind of stupid at times, but I applaud them for making long and engaging original stories with the characters they're given.
  10. J

As I suspected, time to work on this story has grown slim lately. But I've got Chapters 5 and 6 written already, so I've got a bit of a buffer zone to work with. Here's where I start giving Takeshi something to do, turning his love of women from a cheap running gag into a genuine story arc...
  11. J

The episode where Satoshi catches Heracross obviously is not a filler, but it sure feels like one - about 50% of it is just the characters standing around looking. I tried to fix that by making it a little more exciting... --- Chapter 4 Heracross Kasumi sat between the trees, her brow...
  12. J

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

That's what I'd like to know. I took the advice of my fellow authors and started posting "Jouto Redux", and while I do hate to complain about something like this because it usually just comes off as whining, it does kinda bug me that I'm three chapters in now and I've gotten absolutely no...
  13. J

What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

That's not all there is, though. There's also the exploration, traveling across the world and encountering new and exciting things. A Pokémon journey is meant to be the adventure of a lifetime. Putting the characters in a stationary setting like a high school would take that away, and if you ask...
  14. J

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Just yesterday, I found my old Ruby cartridge. I say "old", but it's not like I've had it since 2003 - I bought it used from Gamestop a few years back. However, it's always been kind of glitchy, occasionally struggling to get past the opening screen, and so on. I hadn't played it at all for the...
  15. J

I really enjoy writing for Musashi and Kojirou, so I had a lot of fun with this chapter. --- Chapter 3 Musashi and Kojirou’s New Assignment Hanako sat comfortably in her favorite chair, reading the day’s news. Barrierd was in the kitchen, unloading the dishwasher. It was a very pleasant...
  16. J

Accommodations for Pokemon Trainers

I've always just sort of assumed that Pokémon Centers have lodging for trainers, as well as restaurants and laundry service. Basically hotels for trainers, in addition to being hospitals for their Pokémon. It's one of those things that's rarely stated outright, but the audience is just meant to...
  17. J

What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to delve into the personalities and emotions of the human characters in the Pokémon universe. But dumping them into a shoujo-style high school AU isn't the way to do it. As others have mentioned, it completely goes against the grain of what makes...
  18. J

Chapter 1 was pretty faithful to what happened in the show. But in Chapter 2, I start deviating significantly, drawing more influence from the video games. --- Chapter 2 The Thief Utsugi-hakase weaved nimbly through the maze of papers and files that was his office. He had a fair amount of...
  19. J

Do you still get judged for playing Pokemon?

I got judged when I was in high school because all my classmates were humongous assholes. But now nobody really cares. Late '90s/early '00s nostalgia has caught up to my generation, so now I can hold extensive Pokémon geek-out sessions with my peers. I actually received great praise this past...
  20. J

As a longtime detractor of how much potential was wasted in the Jouto saga, I couldn't hold back any longer - I had to rewrite it. My goal is to cut down on filler, pump up the characterization, give every main character something worthwhile to do, and weave a strong story around the legends of...
Back
Top Bottom