Search results for query: *

• Users: nickstr
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. N

Resurecting the ancestor of all web browsers: MOSAIC in the modern age

I found a version of BSD Unix recently and also the source code for the very first version of something that quite a few of us take for granted today, the web browser. Its safe to say that what you are using today is a decedent of the MOSAIC web browser in one way or another. As an experiment I...
  2. N

Should Sirius/XM dump satellite for the internet?

According to this article on Slate Magazine's website yes http://www.slate.com/id/2211158/?GT1=38002 but I disagree. Satellites have a wider coverage than 3G cellular internet or WIFI and this is by no means a new technology, it all started in the late 1980s when a satellite enthusiast proposed...
  3. N

Need help with GIMP

I am in the process of creating a custom XMB theme for the Playstation Portable and the final step in creating a so called focus image is to copy the complete R/G/B image into the Alpha channel in a PNG or TGA file and color the individual R/G/B layers white. My question is how do I copy the...
  4. N

PMP Streamer: stream any media file over a network

Recently I found a program which I believe is absolutely incredible for streaming media files of literally any format over a network to either other computers or the Sony Playstation Portable and Playstation 3 called PMP Streamer. Perhaps the coolest thing about this program is that no special...
  5. N

a new solar cycle has begun

Just this month a new solar cycle has started and it is known quite simply as cycle 24 which is set to peak in 2011 or 2012. The cycle that just ended is known as cycle 23. It started in 1996 and peaked in 2001. Why is this important? well, the solar cycle effects astronauts in space but not...
Back
Top Bottom