Search results for query: *

1. I

Good Idea Bad Idea-The RL Edition

I'm sure the English-speakers in the audience remember an American cartoon entitled "The Animaniacs." Well, one of their running gags was a short sketch called "Good Idea Bad Idea." In it, a character demonstrated a good idea (Eg: playing the piccolo in a marching band) and then followed it up...
  2. I

Happiness Is...

I'm sure all of you have that one thing that makes you think "There's nothing else I'd rather be doing at this exact moment," the one activity or point in time that makes you feel truly at peace. What is it? For me, happiness is barreling down the last stretch of in my bike road on the way...
  3. I

The Worst Thing in the World?

Yes, I'll admit, I got the idea from an English song of the same name. In it, the singer tells us about the things he really hates, the things that tick him off, (falling asleep during a favorite show) and the situations that he never wants to find himself in (finding out he's related to Ian...
  4. I

Homemade Instrument/Pedal/Other Discussion

Instruments, effects, mics, amps, even modifying existing devices, if you did it yourself (or would really like to) then talk about it here. Tips? Questions? How-tos? Bring it here! We'd love it! I'll start it off with some tips: Buy two or more of everything--if you screw it up the first time...
  5. I

Strangest recipes you've ever had work?

Are you one of those chefs who's cooking would weird Orihime Inoue out? Have any particularly weird success stories you'd like to share with us? For me, it was candied crispy bacon fudge. Didn't work exactly as planned (turns out we don't have the right oven for it) but we still got a good...
  6. I

Bulbapedia won't let me log on

I've been trying to continue my activities on Bulbagarden (formerly carried out on a hard drive I have no access to) on my new laptop. I mailed myself the new password and tried to hook back onto my system, but... [ I tried this several times, to absolutely no avail. It's starting to get...
  7. I

He whose Name Must Not Be Spoken?

Are we allowed to mention "+h3 9@^^3 |>v|>3" (l33t used to keep from actually mentioning his name) on this board? 'Cause I've heard he so I just wanted to make sure. Are there others whose Names Must Not Be Spoken around here?
  8. I

Track Zero?

I'm having a little trouble. There are CDs out there that play a hidden track if you rewind the CD from the first track. I have one such CD, (Grayfolded, disc two) but when I press and hold the rewind button on them, they can't access the track. 1: I might need somebody to break out the sock...
  9. I

The Great Disney Debate!

I would honestly like to hear your opinion on Disney as a whole. Here's mine: In the early days, Disney used to be a really good company, I have always liked their old films, both for their animation and the moral values they preached. But at some point along the way, they took the wrong fork...
  10. I

Congress may probe leaked Global Warming E-Mails

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/24/taking_liberties/entry5761180.shtml A few days after leaked e-mail messages appeared on the Internet, the U.S. Congress may probe whether prominent scientists who are advocates of global warming theories misrepresented the truth about climate change...
  11. I

Where in the Creative Corner...

Where in the Creative Corner should/could a member put up his own music in file form? I ask this mainly as a musician myself, albeit one who has just started recording.
  12. I

Trouble Ripping a CD

I have a problem. I have a copy of the 2001 John Oswald Box set Plunderphonics 69/96 (Catalogue no. SEELAND515/fONy069/96) that I have been trying to save to my hard drive. The first disc (Songs) saved without a hitch, but the second disc (Tunes) is a lot harder to save. The hard drive can...
  13. I

French Pokémon forums?

I've been looking for a place to practice my French, and it seems that a French pokémon fan forum would be the best place to practice, now that I've quit taking it as part of school. Any good forum (preferably one linked to a French fansite) with a fanfics section (so I can post translated...
  14. I

Ogg Vorbis Files

I have a question... again. First up: How do you play Ogg Vorbis files saved to the hard drive? How do you convert said files to .wma or .mp3?
  15. I

HELP

The Problem: I just got a copy of John Oswald's Plunderphonics 69/96 retrospective. I cannot access disc 2 of this album in its entirety using my hard drive. The Details: The CD is programmed so that instead of numbering tracks 1-34, it numbers them 27-60. The CD is not programmed with...
  16. I

Questions on ripping media

I know how to rip CDs, but there are other media I am not sure about. Does anybody here know how to convert music saved to tape or vinyl to MP3 format? Just curious...
  17. I

Teenager Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Reality [PG-13(language)]

Chapter 1 “Yaaaawwwn....” Magnemite woke up slowly and groggily one day. He had had one of the strangest dreams the night before. The whole place was hazy and he could barely see somebody and hear them talking to him. The voice was loud but muffled, like a speaker run through a distortion...
  18. I

COMPLETE: Mother And Child(RedShipping, DiamondShipping, CrazyShipping, OneShot, PG)

Contains elements from AC-DC's "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," The Dead Milkmen's "Brat in the Frat," Alphaville's "Forever Young," and various NPR programs. ♪If you’re having trouble with your high school head, He’s giving you the blues, You wanna graduate, but not in his bed, Here’s what you...
  19. I

Fantastic Voyage!? (Game, PG)

Chapter I It was a bright day out in New Bark. Everyone was up and running, be it to do some shopping in Cherrygrove, go to school in Violet, or off to follow the Johto Dream. Everyone, that is, but Kris, despite her mother's best attempts. "Wake up... Wake u-up... WakeupwakeupWAKEUUUUUUP...
  20. I

Jovi's Lament (3 Years After XD) [Game, pg(?)]

Chapter 1 Contains elements from The Residents' "Life Would Be Wonderful" It was a late night at the Outskirt Stand, an old steam train turned diner and bar. The train had long since stopped, as there were no longer any tracks for it to run upon. It was just stranded in the desert, much like...
Back
Top Bottom