Search results for query: *

1. L

S20 Opening - "Under the Alolan Sun"

If only FUNimation had gotten it instead then we'd have an amazing dub and we'd have dubbed versions of the Japanese songs.
  2. L

Pokemon sun and moon will air on Disney XD instead of CN

Well, guess I'm sticking to the sub then.
  3. L

Music Background music of the show

I think both pieces are dub music which has been unreleased.
  4. L

New Voice Director

Dogasu is right sadly that this change in voice direction is not going to change a thing. There was no difference when Theresa Buccheister took over from Tom Wayland after all.
  5. L

Review The First Three Movies Blu-Ray set

Movie 1's opening is creditless on the Blu-Ray, but overall despite my dislike of this movie's dub I do think it looks great on Blu. The end credits have several typos in it. I caught Megan Hillingshead instead of Megan Hollingshead, Bolly Crawford instead of Billy Crawford among others.
  6. L

Can someone name this music track from the anime?

While I admit the original Japanese music is superior. I can say that a lot of the 4Kids tracks were very good and fit. This is one such example and this has always been a favorite of mine. I do wish that the 4Kids music would get an official release as it would sit well next to my Japanese...
  7. L

I think I've figured out TPCi's music replacement practices.

For me as I've said many times changing the original music alters the mood and emotions of certain scenes. A more recent example is the scene where Serena cuts her hair. In the Japanese version they play AZ's theme (? Correct me if wrong) and it fits the emotion of what's going onscreen while...
  8. L

Review The Johto Journeys DVD Boxset

Good thing I have the Australian release which does have it.
  9. L

"Glass Half Empty" corner - What don't you like about the Japanese version?

Only some of the OPs & EDs, the rest is perfect to me.
  10. L

"Glass Half Full" corner - What do you like about the dub?

4Kids: The voice acting, Veronica Taylor is the one, true, original English Ash, Everyone else had their real English voices too. The overall faithfulness and less dub music in Seasons 1-3 & Movies 4, 5 & AG 1-3 (These 3 had none at all) TPCi: Not much other than a few random episodes & Movies...
  11. L

"Glass Half Empty" corner - What don't you like about the dub

4Kids: the scripts of Movie 1 & Chronicles, replacing onigiri in AG, driving home the fact that Sammy was Oak in Movie 4 & the butchering of Movie 5 TPCi: Can I cheat and just say everything they've done? Biggest offenders being TRio's dialogue, Sarah Natochenny as Ash & the replacement of...
  12. L

Music Background music of the show

4Kids: I didn't mind the dub music in their dub even though it did get worse in AG when we started hearing more of it over the Japanese score. TPCi: All 3 composers scores are just terrible. It's like the same synthesizer piece over and over again. It's only getting worse as XY goes on and the...
  13. L

"Glass Half Empty" corner - Least Favorite Pokémon Movie(s)?

Japanese: None English: Mewtwo, Celebi, Lati@s and everything from Darkrai on (because you know, TPCi dub) Both languages: The trilogy of Darkrai, Giratina & Arceus
  14. L

"Glass Half Full" corner - Favorite Pokémon Movie(s)?

Japanese: Mewtwo, Zoroark English: Jirachi Both languages: Entei, Lucario & Manaphy (Surprising since it's dubbed by TPCi)
  15. L

Review M18: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages

Thanks for letting me know this. Guess I'm waiting until the subbed version comes out.
  16. L

Music Favorite animated song as a child?

Mainly the soundtracks to all the Disney movies. Standouts include 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Fox and the Hound, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, A Goofy Movie, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan & Tarzan. The latter is what introduced me to...
  17. L

"Holiday Hi-Jynx!" — Banned Once Again?

I know fellow Dragon Ball VA, Masako Nozawa was Elekid in Pikachu's Rescue Adventure (Kept in the dub) & Morisson (who in English was actually played by Sean Schemmel, so a nod to the original voice? I think so.)
  18. L

Official Pokémon DVD Release/Discussion Thread

I believe Set 1 had a Tomy Pikachu figure.
  19. L

Review S18 EP07: A Slippery Encounter!

re: S18 EP07 "A Slippery Encounter!" It is Tom Wayland. I saw a video of a panel he did where he revealed it.
  20. L

Official Pokémon DVD Release/Discussion Thread

It'll likely be the same disc with a new cover just like the Movie 8 re-release was. Though that dropped the 2nd disc.
Back
Top Bottom