Search results for query: *

• Users: Arty2
  • Order by date
  1. A

Japanese online Pokédex updated to Kyurem: Three Pokémon not included

My bad for thinking the article mentioned Kyurem only; thought BN had already updated with this.
  2. A

Japanese online Pokédex updated to Kyurem: Three Pokémon not included

Um, actually both Kyurem's data and imagery has been online (uncertain if visible) on this Pokedex since it opened.
  3. A

3DS impressions straight from Greece: A diehard fan's first impressions

However, for those complaining about battery life, they assured us that it's almost as DSiXL's. Turning off the wireless communications, 3D and brightness really boosts the battery in case you're on say, a very long trip.
  4. A

Unconfirmed: Black and White not to be followed by a third version: Mana Ibe denies a

Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White may be the only Generation V titles: Mana Ibe denies I call PR marketing as well. They will want to release an installment of the main series for the 3DS and recreating a game from scratch would be plain brainless. The 3DS will need the Pokemon boost and the...
  5. A

3DS impressions straight from Greece: A diehard fan's first impressions

I tried to brake the effect in any way I could. It does break when you move in strange angles, but even with he 3D turned off you wouldn't look at your console from these angles. The 3D was getting more comfortable the more you played with it.
  6. A

Elemental monkeys named: Grainy images provide Christmas gift

My two cents: Pan is indeed japanese for bread, which is in turn a loan from Portuguese. That has nothing to do with the elemental monkeys. The Pan- does not derive from chimpanzee, it is actually the scientific name for their genus, which includes Bonobo (Pan paniscus) and the common Chimp...
  7. A

Virus?

Re: Virus? (Updated with Another Virus) *hops in* Also keep your Adobe Acrobat and Flash always up to date. Better yet, uninstall the Acrobat and get an alternative, that's how most viruses hit these days.
  8. A

Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, mor

Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, *hops on* Nintendo is not stupid, rest assured that they know well what fansites provide them. They're also not blind though, and several things that happened the last days may have triggered this. I can see...
  9. A

Pokémon Standards Initiative

I hope linking to other forums isn't against the rules or anything so here goes: Sister thread on Smogon This "project" now has a proper home: http://www.uepc.eu/viewforum.php?f=508
  10. A

What I'm trying to do, is just initiate a talk on the matter and the rest will hopefully find their way. It has to be a co-tailored set of standards, not something to be forced upon. Having Joe's personal vote on this, rest assured that even SPPf can turn.
  11. A

True, there are too many fans out there, but it really takes only a few dozen to form a working group and just a handful to actually implement it, the rest would follow either way.
  12. A

Greetings fellow Pokémon fans, The Pokémon fandom is truly remarkable: loyal, evergreen, creative and vast. However, while the sheer size of the fandom has certainly positive effects on the quality of the information produced, it also results into cluttered, cut-off bits. As common sense...
  13. A

More Black and White information surfacing: June CoroCoro scans leaked

Zekrom is a Kokun(?) Pokemon, Electric/Dragon, with Tera-Voltage ability. It is 2.9m / 345kg. Reshiram is a Hakuyoo (?) Pokemon Fire/Dragon, with Turbo-Blaze ability. It is 3.2m / 330kg.
  14. A

On the Origin of Species: Relicanth: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Re: On the Origin of Species: Relicanth: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémo I've enjoyed reading your as well; keep it up. Thanks to Gamefreak there are heaps of such things to write about :)
  15. A

On the Origin of Species: Relicanth: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Re: On the Origin of Species: Relicanth: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémo I researched Relicanth a while back, having written myself a similar article on its origins, and I find noteworth the fact that similar to the other fossil Pokemon, Relicanth shares the Rock sub-type. This...
  16. A

UPDATE! The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver PokéWalker Efficiency Project

Re: The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver PokéWalker Efficiency Project -- Real PokéScienc Oh I assure you I have walked long miles with mine :P
  17. A

Re: The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver PokéWalker Efficiency Project -- Real PokéScienc Just made this from spare parts from broken devices. Stuck onto the pokewalkers using blu-tac. Note the off-balanced weight at the end of the motor. It's essentially a vibrator, similar to the ones...
  18. A

Re: The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver PokéWalker Efficiency Project -- Real PokéScienc Exactly, there's a buffer. It's also a way to save on some CPU and thus battery life by avoiding putting the count on the display immediately.
  19. A

Re: The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver PokéWalker Efficiency Project -- Real PokéScienc Worths a detailed test yet 70 steps isn't that much, a slight differentiation of their accelerometer's axis could explain that
  20. A

Re: The Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver PokéWalker Efficiency Project -- Real PokéScienc According to my metrics, the ratio is slightly lower than that the manual says, yet again, the manual reports an average. 13858 steps resulted to 672 watts, that is ~0.048 watts per step, or ~20 steps per...
Back
Top Bottom