Search results for query: *

1. C

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

For a Trick Room Togekiss with a 70 power HP Ice, use a 2 IV in speed and any attack IV with a remainder of 3 when divided by 4. You might as well go with 3 to reduce confusion damage if you're online, but otherwise, anything fitting that formula will work. That includes 31, incidentally...
  2. C

Rate my Sandstorm Team

Reversal goes with Endure. Swords Dance goes with Close Combat and Crunch/Ice Punch.
  3. C

Trick Room Team

Your Curse Snorlax and Tyranitar bother me. In singles, you only have 3 turns maximum to sweep before TR is over. Given those restrictions, you simply don't have enough time to use Curse. Also, SD Scizor won't work so well here. Most of Scizor's counters don't care whether it has a SD up or...
  4. C

Rate my Sandstorm Team

If you are running a Sandstorm team in OU, you pretty much need either Hippowdon or Tyranitar as a weather inducer. Also, unless you have a specific reason for using Pokemon outside of OU (Houndoom and Nidoking), you should consider filling their roles with better Pokemon.
  5. C

New Double Battle Team I'm Making

Nope, you can skill swap Truant. The old standard for Slaking was to have Slowbro swap Oblivious onto it and then boost it with Swagger. The only abilities that can't be skill swapped are Wonder Guard and Multitype.
  6. C

Re: Passing Speed to certain Pokemon; are they worth it? Run Adamant instead. 252 Spe neutral still beats max speed Electrode, so unless you're in Ubers or feel like you can do anything against opposing Ninjask (which you kind of can't), you might as well run Adamant.
  7. C

Maybe I should experiment myself then.
  8. C

To evolve or not to evolve

Me and my friends made an unofficial tier designed to hold the worst Pokemon in the game (Magikarp, Sunkern, etc.). The point was to allow as much as possible without letting anything get outclassed. Wooper made it into that tier. That's how bad Wooper is.
  9. C

For moves that deal double damage during the semi-invulnerable turns of other moves (Gust and Twister for Fly, Surf and Whirlpool for Dive, and Earthquake and Magnitude for Dig), does anyone know where in the damage formula the doubling takes place? The Bulbapedia pages seem to imply that it is...
  10. C

OU Team?

If you get it stuck on Outrage, Bronzong can finish it. If you have SR up and they don't, and Mence isn't running Stealth Rock, you can probably revenge kill it with Gyarados. But uh... unless you get lucky, you're pretty boned.
  11. C

Project Bulbagarden Tiers

Ok, so I read through the opening post, and I saw a few problems. I agree with the sentiment that someone needs to completely scrap the idea of what makes a tier system and rebuild from scratch. However, I really mean that. Way too much was taken for granted in the proposed rule system...
  12. C

The Smogon Tiers?

Ban tiers are not supposed to have their own metagames. If they work as a viable metagame, then they are not broken or overcentralized (since there would be enough Pokemon there to have one). If BL was big enough to play in, it wouldn't be a good ban tier. This is more of a problem with the...
  13. C

Can someone teach me?

The standard tier is called OU (for over-used). This is supposed to be the most inclusive balanced tier. If a Pokemon is deemed too powerful for OU, it goes to Ubers. However, some people don't like playing with only the best Pokemon, so they created a tier based on usage: UU (for...
  14. C

Salamance's jump from OU to Uber

Well, I must say, I'm surprised. When I started reading this thread, I was outraged (lol) that Salamence was being banned, because it just so clearly wasn't Uber. However, after some very well-thought=out arguments by Shiron, I'm a lot more on the fence here. I think what it all comes down...
  15. C

New Double Battle Team I'm Making

The Smeargle strategy is a poor one in doubles. Because they can team up on you, you can be taken out in one turn even if you have a sub up. Smeargle will never pull off that Baton Pass without some ridiculous Dark Void luck. Which won't happen with Sleep Clause.
  16. C

-Protect -Substitute -Super Fang -Brine ^Awesomest Walrein set.
  17. C

New to Bulba

Interesting idea, using Dugtrio for a lead. But go with Focus Sash over Band. Focus Band only gives you a 10% chance to survive any hit, whereas Sash guarantees you one hit (as long as you have taken no residual damage - which is why it is only used on leads). This way you will always set up...
  18. C

So I want to do competitive battling... RMT!

Rather than tell us what Pokemon you currently have, which is of use only to you, you should tell us what you're planning to get. Generally, the team is planned out here, and then you go make whatever is decided upon, even if you have to get entirely new Pokemon to do it. So yeah, figure out...
  19. C

Damn. Oh well. I guess that's where I got the idea then. While it's true that Thunder Wave completely outclasses Icy Wind in singles, in doubles, switching is much less common and Icy Wind is a double-hit. Dual speed drops are very helpful. Especially when Togekiss can be EVd to outspeed...
  20. C

RMUUT

I think that was supposed to be Focus Sash, since the band only gives a 10% chance to work. But I think you should stick with your attack boosting item - maybe even switch to a Life Orb. Cross Poison really isn't the best move. I know you get STAB and an increased crit hit ratio, but you...
Back
Top Bottom