Search results for query: *

1. Shinneth

Should Cilan return to the series?

Ahhh, that brings me back to a couple of years ago when we had speculation threads regarding the likelihood of Iris and/or Cilan lasting past Best Wishes. I distinctly remember at least a couple of times that I said that while Cilan as a character had 50/50 odds of lasting past BW because of the...
  2. Shinneth

Mispronounced Names in the Pokemon World That Annoy You

Hm... which ones have I not seen mentioned yet here that I struggle with... I know before Aiding The Enemy! aired, I firmly believed Grotle was pronounced with a long 'o', as in Grow-tle. I can see where the official 'Grott-le' comes from (grotto) but considering Turtwig's main motif was a leaf...
  3. Shinneth

Will Iris return in the XY saga?

Really, the nature of Iris' teasing of Ash isn't what's relevant here. Yeah, we get it, it's supposed to be friendly playful teasing utilizing hypocritical humor. Here's the thing: I never once found this entertaining. Malice, lack thereof, innocuous banter... none of that matters to me. What...
  4. Shinneth

Will Iris return in the XY saga?

Usually by this point we'd have some idea of when this tradition comes upon us. To no one's surprise, I'd be perfectly happy not having Iris appear at all. Why have Bonnie play around with Axew (which is sure to cause some disaster that'll take a whole episode to fix all because Iris won't put...
  5. Shinneth

Moves that don't seem great in the game,and are op in the anime

In regards to Hyper Beam, I do remember that the recharge bit WAS noted in the Tag Battle Tournament, after Torterra OHKO'd an opponent wY'ith it. And it was a freaking Farfetch'd; I think we can agree it's not too hard to OHKO one of those regardless of what move you use. XD And the recharge...
  6. Shinneth

Letting Yourself Get Attached

Maybe it's because I delayed myself on watching Pokemon until I was 17 (opposed to 11/12, which is when we got animated Pokemon in English), but my "attachment" to the characters was tenuous at best. Like, I can't help but feel that Misty's departure from the show is the crux of this entire...
  7. Shinneth

Review XY070: Conclusion! Numelgon, Somewhere Over the Rainbow!!

You know, bizarrely enough, this impresses me. Because this is the first time XY has done something bad enough to make it impossible for me to rationalize or handwave it off. 70 episodes in. That might be a record for this particular Pokemon series. AG's first major foul was either the...
  8. Shinneth

A New Change in Serena's Character Design...

Clearly Ash has been a pure-blooded Saiyan this whole time. :P Black hair, always the same style, never needing a haircut... why did I not realize this sooner lol. :P (sarcasm aside, those are legit canon Saiyan traits) Back on-topic, uh, geez... I can't make shit out of that pic. Quality's too...
  9. Shinneth

Um. Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting this, but... are you condemning a show for doing something "fresh" because it hasn't been that way for years? That once a show gets bland it should stay bland? Never strive to get better? Never try new things? Even a minor thing like an alternate design for...
  10. Shinneth

That's all well and fine. If you don't think it looks good, more power to you. I mean I think sticking so firmly to that opinion when we've seen nothing more than a silhouette is akin to judging a book by its cover, but if you're that certain it'll be terrible, then okay. You're free to think...
  11. Shinneth

Welcome to Merchandise-Driven Anime. Or almost everything ever broadcast on television, if not... well, everything. They've made far worse changes in Pokemon for this exact reason, so even if Serena's new design doesn't look that good, I'mma just takin' it in stride. (odds are if this is a...
  12. Shinneth

Like everything else in this anime, it's to promote the games. A major milestone of the X & Y games was the ability to customize your player character, so it could look more like you or who/whatever you wanted it to look like. It's all part of the process. Promote the new Pokemon, promote new...
  13. Shinneth

Preview XY055: The Weakest Dragon!? Numera Appears!!

Like seriously I can't remember the last time the anime let a character of the main cast catch one of my personal favorite 'mons. ;_; I LOVE the Goodra line so much! And it's all the sweeter that eventually, that WILL be a full-fledged Goodra in Ash's possession one day. Since XY isn't phobic of...
  14. Shinneth

Honestly, I figured the staff would be too cheap to implement the character customization aspect of XY into the anime at all, so the fact that they're going as far as giving Serena a haircut is a pleasant surprise! I'm hoping new clothes/accessories come with the package, otherwise it will seem...
  15. Shinneth

What did Harley and Ursula have that Burgundy and Georgia didn't?

For whatever flaws Harley and Ursula had, the thing that made their potential as rivals shine much brighter than said potential ever did for Burgundy and Georgia was a rather simple matter: their stories remained focused on their actual rivals. Even though Ursula never scored a win over Dawn...
  16. Shinneth

Was the idea of Ash ever losing to Misty and Iris a problem to you?

Eh, I kinda found the Ash vs Iris battle to be pretty bullshit in its own right, personally. Mainly it's the setup of the whole thing; while it was a fairly-fought battle, the odds were stacked so heavily against Ash from the get-go that it really came off as yet another achievement served to...
  17. Shinneth

The end of Ash due to 20TH anniversary?

This is how I feel about the whole matter. It's not really Ash that is so critically important to the franchise as it is Pikachu. We know they'll never split up, so Ash just so happens to be part of the packaged deal. When it comes down to it, Ash is not the mascot of the Pokemon franchise as a...
  18. Shinneth

Iris or May....or both? Place your bets.

Beyond my own personal feelings on who should be coming back, I still feel that May's a more logical choice - especially for representing ORAS promotion. Barring a new off-screen capture (which seems unnecessary since a new capture happened in her special already), Iris has zero Gen III Pokemon...
  19. Shinneth

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Despite Grass/Dragon being quite a double-edged sword in terms of how good of a type combo it is (off the top of my head, 4x Ice weakess, 4x Electric resistance, 4x Water resistance... that's a lot of 4xs!), I'm totally going the Treecko route just as I did in Emerald. Mega Sceptile is just so...
  20. Shinneth

So...current thoughts on Serena?

I've had a hard time thinking about what real goal Serena can pursue since making Pokepuffs isn't exactly an exciting route to take exclusively. But then I remembered Team Flare and their goal in the games to rule the world with their (very bad) fashion. That's how I remembered it anyway. It...
Back
Top Bottom