Search results for query: *

• Users: Drakon
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Drakon

Rival Naming Through the Generations

I have to wonder why Nintendo is moving away from being able to name your rivals. Is it because they're trying to tie the anime and game together? Or did they do it to put a stop to people naming their rivals obscenities? Even though the people doing so are probably a minority of players.
  2. Drakon

Tobias's Pokémon Choice

Everyone knows about this infamous Sinnoh trainer who beat Ash using a Darkrai and Latios. And how he's generally hated for screwing Ash out of a win at the Lily of the Valley Championships. But I was just wondering, if he had used normal pokémon and not Legendaries, would people have hated him...
  3. Drakon

What makes an author "bad"?

It's become a common phrase: "[name] is a bad author." But have we as writers, authors, critics and readers ever considered what makes a bad author? Is it bad attitude, bad storytelling, poor mechanical aptitude or a combination of the above? ----------------- For me, a bad writer...
  4. Drakon

MATURE: Poké Wars: The Files of Doctor Kaminko

Author’s Notes: Hey, y’all, I decided to try something new with Cornova's approval. Namely a technical manual/field guide to the vehicles and weapons of the Poké Wars world. Each entry will be capped off by a short story that showcases the subject of the entry. Feel free to submit potential...
  5. Drakon

Shut Up and Entertain Us: Moralizing in Authorial Works

The title of this topic comes from a book title Shut Up and Sing by Laura Ingraham. In it, the author comments that entertainers should not use their media to convey their personal opinions and thoughts. So my question is, do you agree with this sentiment?
  6. Drakon

Rewrites. How far should you go?

Exactly as the topic says. People rewrite stories for numerous reasons. Cleaning up plotholes, tightning up prose, polishing up grammar, etc. But at what point should you transition from "rewrite" to "write a whole new story"? Is it a magical percentage that you cross? A certain number...
  7. Drakon

Adapting Game Moves and Mechanics to Stories

This is inspired by the academy thread but it focuses on moves and abilities. Exactly as the title says. Do you directly port over stats and stat changes? Do you throw out the system completely? Or do you modify the game system? -------- I prefer to throw out the game system and...
  8. Drakon

Interest Probe: Cyberpunk-esque PMD OR PMD meets Conventional Pokémon

I will flesh out the plots later once I find out which one is more popular but the topics is exactly what it sounds like. Will people prefer a RP that is a cyberpunk-esque Pokémon Mystery Dungeon or one where the PMD world is merged with the conventional Pokémon World?
  9. Drakon

Team Rocket's Blasting Off Again!

As implied by the thread title, this is specifically about the how the trio depart from the scene after their plan fails and/or their latest mech explodes. I would like to know y'all's opinions on their departure methods and what you would have done differently. Personally, I'm a fan of...
  10. Drakon

POPULAR: Cliches in Pokémon Fanfiction

Y'all know what I'm talking about, the cliches that always appear in Pokémon fics. So what are some that y'all can name? 1.) Eevee as a starter 2.) Getting attacked by a wild pokémon as the first step. 3.) Starter immediately hates/loves them. 4.) Meeting/befriending a Legendary on the...
  11. Drakon

Pokémon as a space opera-esque game

I found this on TV Tropes and I thought it would be kind of amusing to see how far we can take it. I admit it is a very odd way to see Pokémon but it gave me a laugh. Mainly because the idea of a Ninjask as a sleek, fast A-Wing-esque space fighter is really weird/awesome and I'm a fan of...
  12. Drakon

Some of the legendary fake cheats in Generation One will be canon?

You know, I'm just wondering, since the fake cheats in Generation One were so well known, what are the chances that they'll be become actually canon? I mean, the first remakes (FR/LG) had the St. Anne truck actually contain something as a nod to that. I mean, wouldn't it be amazing if...
  13. Drakon

Cyberpunk MLP:FiM RP

You may not know it but I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk. And I wanted to see how a cyberpunk MLP:FiM RP would fly here. I have to sharpen up the plotline but I have the setting done well: Ponyville has become "Ponytropolis" - a gritty cyberpunk city that evokes Blade Runner's Los Angeles...
  14. Drakon

MATURE: Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

A very special thanks goes to Cornova for allowing me to use his Poké Wars universe. ADR stands for “After Dampener Removal” so “3 ADR” means three years after the dampener removal. For those who do not understand the concept of the dampeners, it is recommended that you read Cornova’s Poké...
  15. Drakon

Human Violence in Fics

I noticed that Human-on-Human violence and Human-on-Pokémon violence is very uncommon in the Pokémon anime and game but quite a bit more common in darker fics. So my question is, do y'all stay away from this idea or no? ----------- My works feature this a lot. Even my crackfic has...
  16. Drakon

Dirty Minds: Web Edition

Okay, anyone know the game "Dirty Minds"? If not here is how it goes. You are given a set of vulgar sounding clues but they lead to something clean. Example: - Schwarzenegger has a long one. - Spike Lee has a short one. - The Pope doesn't use his. What is it? . The first...
  17. Drakon

Claims The New, Improved and Official Claim-An-Ability Thread! (Now allowing up to 3 claims!)

The New Official Claim-an-Ability Thread! ~ List of other Claim threads ~ Pokemon * Characters * Trainer Classes * Moves * Abilities * Items Welcome to the first of the new Pokemon World Claim Threads! These threads are for showing off your love for a certain Pokemon, move or item depending on...
  18. Drakon

Baby's Named A Bad, Bad Thing

Ever heard of this site: Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing It's where a woman riffs on people who give shittacular names to their offspring. So share your stories and sightings of baby names gone horribly, horribly wrong. ---------------- I will start: Is my commentary. There is...
  19. Drakon

MLP: FiM Fanfic Ideas

Okay, I just had a simultaneous four strike inspiration for an MLP fan fic, the only problem is I do not know which one to start first. Here are the choices: 1.) A "delusion fic compilation" that explores how Equestria and all its inhabitants exist only in one of the Mane Six's mind and...
  20. Drakon

Experimental baking

All right, I got these recipes from a...rather embarrassing source. Click at your peril! [/SPOILER] At first I was "The fuck are you smoking!?". Then I looked and I realized that with some modifications, they may actually taste good. Carrot and Apple Cookies Oat cookies...
Back
Top Bottom