Search results for query: *

• Users: Joey
  • Order by date
  1. J

VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Looks like they're also continuing with the mini versions of the BW chapter: Amazon.com: Pokémon Black and White, Vol. 9 (9781421558936): Hidenori Kusaka, Satoshi Yamamoto: Books Pokémon Black and White, Vol. 10: Hidenori Kusaka, Satoshi Yamamoto: 9781421558943: Amazon.com: Books Pokémon Black...
  2. J

VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Speaking of starting Black and White over as volume one.... Pokémon Adventures: Black and White, Vol. 1: Hidenori Kusaka, Satoshi Yamamoto: 9781421558981: Amazon.com: Books I'm pretty excited about this development. Sure they're screwing up the numbers, but really, I'll take weirdly numbered...
  3. J

Love the ship, hate the name

N and Silver has two different names that I've seen, and both are pretty crappy. HotRivals has no elegance whatsoever, and ChristmasColored is pretty cringeworthy.
  4. J

Your idea for a Pokemon Manga series

All the speculation on the news thread about N's backstory, and him supposedly being raised by pokemon got me thinking... Hareta from DPA in BW? It might be interesting, but that may be the lack of sleep talking. I'll have to think on this more.
  5. J

DPA box set releasing October 16

Count me in as another who think this is awesome and would buy it if I didn't already own the whole series.
  6. J

Pokemon Adventures volume 14 review thread

Well she doesn't do that much battling with her own pokemon in this volume, it's mostly with the bird trio. But in the back the only nicknames they list for her are Jiggly for her Jigglypuff and Nido for her Nidorina. Neither were used in the text of the volume, and her Snubble, her only pokemon...
  7. J

They're not forgotten, just that they kind of go together anyway, and we definitely need R/S before the other two. And honestly, I really do believe that we will get those arcs. They're probably just waiting on a more opportune time, such as R/S remakes. I waited 7 and a half years for the GSC...
  8. J

I picked this one up early from one of the closing sales at Borders. Was surprised to find it, but sure enough... It's extra thick, containing the last rounds of the chapter that were in volume 15. Round titles are kept simple: The Last Battle I - XIV interesting enough, they keep the end of...
  9. J

Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

I really love special, and consider it one of my favorite manga series. I like that it's got a good balance of fun lightheartedness, but it isn't afraid of the occasional serious business. I also find a lot of the characters to be very likeable. Each arc changes up the story enough to keep it...
  10. J

Pokémon Adventures volume 13/ DPPt vol 2 (volume 31) review thread

It would have been wonderful if they had kept to the Japanese numbering. But they didn't. It's already been done, so instead of lamenting over something that can't be helped, I'm hoping they'll still make the best of the situation and separate it consistently so they don't have the series go...
  11. J

Actually the way I'd like to see them do it is divide them up so RS/FRLG/E end up as their own numbering set, same as the games were all on GBA. And the numbering of RBG/Y/GSC is consistent with that idea because they're all gameboy games. It would also leave the two sections at an almost even...
  12. J

It's about 200 pages. Incidentally, the end of GSC is about 70 pages, so that looks like what they're doing. I'll actually be glad if they're doing it that way, at least they'll be consistent in their renumbering.
  13. J

Viz Media License "Pokémon Black & White" Manga

I believe they'll eventually come out with Tankobon, although I think the chances will increase if 1, these 80 page things sell well, and 2, if people write to viz and tell them they want the official Tankobon. If we give Viz reason to believe they'll make money off publishing the tankobon, I...
  14. J

Yeah, I realize now that I probably wasn't entirely clear in my post. Sorry if I sounded a bit snippy in my reply, no hard feelings! And to keep this from veering too off topic, I really liked seeing Cynthia without her jacket in volume 31. It made the cosplayer in me happy to see how her shirt...
  15. J

I am aware of that, hence the connection between the two events :P
  16. J

I picked the two of these up over the weekend, and just got the chance to read them. For vol 13, I liked that they didn't censor Sabrina at the hot springs. Not that anything was shown in the original, but they didn't like pokeball boobs either. Lots of nice battles going on, even if the plot...
  17. J

What martial art should I learn?

I can vouch for Kendo's awesomeness as well.
  18. J

Upcoming manga release dates

Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl / Platinum 3 (Special Vol. 32) will be out October 4th. http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/G=fR5TAsaJKI7uFrJC/browse/item/92028/4/0/0...
  19. J

Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

I like the sound of Bookshelfshipping, it seems fitting and cute. How does one go about making it official?
  20. J

Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

So I'm usually just a casual shipper, but I've recently become hooked on pairing Lucian and Shauntal. Has anyone named this one yet? I haven't seen anything yet, and if it hasn't, I think it needs to be about books.
Back
Top Bottom