Search results for query: *

1. O

Pokemon B/W vs B2/W2

In terms of story, characters and pacing, I find BW to be much superior, and as such is a much more interesting game for me to play and replay. I also really liked having access to only the new Pokémon, which made it a fresh and new adventure in many ways. B2W2 are better as a "main" game...
  2. O

favorite moment out of these?

The Mt. Coronet ascension and N's Castle are by far my favorite moments. They're the only two climaxes that I feel had proper build-up and pay-off, and as such, stand out above the rest. Both had me glued to the screen as it happened and made my heart race. The atmosphere with both the graphics...
  3. O

Contest Aerilate vs. Normalize vs. Pixilate vs. Refrigerate

Normalize is the least useful due to the lack of an extra boost. It does have a few niche uses like Thunder Wave hitting Ground Types, but it's got very few perks outside of that, as Normal is a Type without many perks. Plus it's only on Delcatty, making it even more underwhelming. Of the other...
  4. O

The Timeline (Warning: Wailord Sized Spoilers)

Re: The Timeline Fair enough. Of course, all those are things that apply to the current Generation as well, so in that regard, the need for Gen 3 and Gen 2 remakes is the exact same. Some people began with Gen 3 and are now nostalgic for it; some veterans who really enjoyed the games also want...
  5. O

The Timeline (Warning: Wailord Sized Spoilers)

Re: The Timeline The same way XY treated Mega Evolution like a mysterious thing no one knew about despite a Gym Leader and the Region's Champion having it (Ignoring your Rival and Lysandre, who also used it. Obviously the Rival ain't a famous person, and while Lysandre is more well-known, his...
  6. O

Make your own Signature Move!

Here's a few. Sun Dance Pokémon: Bellossom Type: Grass Category: Status PP: 15 Power: -- Accuracy: -- A dance to call forth the Sun. It raises the user's Special Attack and Special Defense by 1 stage and heals 1/4 of its HP. Its effects double under sunny weather. If used during any other...
  7. O

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition) Yep, that is the only way: Get a female Bayleef from Colosseum in a Nest Ball, transfer all the way to XY and breed it. All other Chikoritas have been starters or gifts, and they all come in a Poké Ball.
  8. O

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition) The female is who decides which Ability is passed down. If the female Gligar's Ability is its hidden Ability, the 60% chance of passing it to the offspring is not altered even if the male Gligar has any of its regular Abilities. Male's Ability...
  9. O

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I see Birch in the latest scans with the Pikachu costumes. Just like Oak and Elm, looks pretty much the same as his original artwork. That running pose and face makes me think of Dr. Slump though.
  10. O

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Pretty pleased with all these redesigns! Phoebe looks the exact same though, just in a different pose. I figure no need to change a great design ehehe. For the rest they all evoke the same feel and look real cool and updated. Brawly has the biggest redesign and I think it really suits him...
  11. O

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition) They have to be registered, but they don't have to be Kalos native. You need previous Legendaries after all, and there's no way to get'em in Kalos.
  12. O

Anyone else wishes Heartgold/Soulsilver had been made during Gen V. ?

At least someone here contributed a good point. I agree. If only that happened. Maybe by Gen 10 when they're tired of remakes. lol Plus, looking at XY, it's not like all their huge improvements in storytelling in 5th Gen amounted to anything at all.
  13. O

Anyone else wishes Heartgold/Soulsilver had been made during Gen V. ?

Maybe in your opinion. Anyway, any older game would benefit to have the trends and features of latter Generations, when GameFreak doesn't screw around, which is what usually happens anyway. Even in 6th Gen, they would probably insist on being way too loyal to the original games and not make...
  14. O

New Gym Leaders and Elite 4?

Magneton was Wattson's signature Pokémon in Ruby/Sapphire, though. Manectric was added in Emerald. Make of that what you will, but since Flannery is next to Torkoal as well... I guess this means Ruby/Sapphire teams. Looking at Sidney next to a Shiftry means there's still hope, though. His...
  15. O

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Mega Metagross was a given. Has a pretty badass design as expected. Now let's hope it also has some great power to go with it. Now there better be a Mega Salamence as well.
  16. O

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Like that stopped them from making Mega Tyranitar and Mega Garchomp. With their existence, Mega Evolutions for all other Pseudo-Legendaries are just fair.
  17. O

xy were too easy

Not that anyone playing Diamond/Pearl would know that to begin with before the games were out for a while. The "revival" of Legendaries was a feature they never bothered to announce, so anyone playing the previous games would assume the same mold was kept. That of "Legendaries must be caught...
  18. O

xy were too easy

Huh... since when has Pokémon been a game series where you clock in more than 40 hours in the main quest? 25-30 hours is the median up to post-game story-based quests (Ignoring Battle Frontier and similar facilities because they can take really long to beat completely, and not everyone does it)...
  19. O

Which Gym Leader / Elite 4 Are You Most Excited To Battle Again?

While the games' difficulty varies from person to person, as far as I'm concerned, Wallace was the second easiest Champion ever, only slightly harder than Lance. They're the only two blatantly monotype Champions in the series as well (Lance is unintentionally a Flying monotype Champion). Wallace...
  20. O

Monotype Champions: Remake Their Teams!

Besides Lance and Wallace, I see no reason why any of these Champions' teams should be changed. Not Steven's or Iris' for sure, at least. They had half-Monotypes and half-variety, and all 6 were different Pokémon. Lance definitely could use a less pathetic team, though. Replace two of his...
Back
Top Bottom