Search results for query: *

1. P

Epic TCG Pulls

Got 22 Dragons Exalted packs. Pulled five EXs: two Giratina, two Rayquaza, and an FA Ho-Oh. Also got 14 other holos, but no Garchomp or Hydreigon. What a bummer. Trusty scale is trusty.
  2. P

Dragons Exalted Prerelease

I went to one prerelease. It was complete shit. I ended up with a total of twelve packs (8 from the event, 4 from a draft) and pulled literally nothing noteworthy. The best card I got was a Ninetales. I went like 1-2 or something, not like it matters. I had a terrible time and probably will...
  3. P

TCG Types Expansion: Don't we need AND want it?

As a competitive player, here's my viewpoint: Yes, it would make the TCG's typing system more closely resemble the video game's, and would make more sense as far as a literal aspect went. I mean, Rayquaza shouldn't be fucking weak to Pidgey (not that it is anymore, given the new Dragon...
  4. P

Requested Bots & Templates

Does this still need to be stickied? No activity for over a year.
  5. P

Simple Questions thread

Are you interested in playing competitively or just for fun? What I suggest will be based entirely on that. Might also help to know whether you played casually or competitively during the Base Set days.
  6. P

Massive Amounts of Fake Pokemon Cards Seized

I can't claim myself as the original poster of this joke, but... Oriental restaurant owners and flea market salesman are devastated!
  7. P

Pokemon card spending tips please!

Would not advise buying boxes. I've opened two boxes in my life, and I didn't buy either. One was a Triumphant box I traded for at Nationals 2011, and the other was the Next Destinies box I got for T4ing Regionals 2012. The Triumphant one was okay, and the Next Destinies box sucked. My only...
  8. P

Simple Questions thread

There are no good starter decks. If you insist, though, try getting Green Tornado from Black & White. Are you considering playing competitively, or just for fun with friends? Also, are you playing unlimited or modified? Meaning, do you play that only BW-on cards are legal?
  9. P

Binders VS Sleeve Books

Neither. Get a Monster Binder or an Ultra Pro Pro Binder. Those things look great, hold a lot of cards, and are effectively indestructible. In all seriousness, what do you want to put in there? A specific collection of cards or, like, all the ones that you own?
  10. P

CRYSTAL TYPE KABUTOPS vs SHINING KABUTOPS

I would concur that that is a pretty good deal for you. Not completely one-sided, but you made good money.
  11. P

CRYSTAL TYPE KABUTOPS vs SHINING KABUTOPS

Shining Kabutops is worth more money. I also would not advise selling them together. The people that purchase them are more likely to be people who need those specific cards for their collections rather than people who like Kabutops.
  12. P

Nationals 2012 in Indy

Maverick Nate and myself will be there. Which of you other fine Bulbagardners will be in attendance?
  13. P

my battle roads deck

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, or I could have told you that you'd probably get murdered if you played this in a competitive tournament. You have too many types, too many Energy, too little synergy, and too few good Trainers and Supporters. Here are the cards in your deck that are good: 1x...
  14. P

Jungle Tauros

Haymaker was a huge archetype back then, so anything with a Fighting weakness was susceptible to Hitmonchan. In this case, Hitmonchan 2HKO'd Tauros for one energy (or 1HKO'd it with a PlusPower). That's not to say that anything with a Fighting weakness was not viable; Wigglytuff was a...
  15. P

Jungle Tauros

Haymaker was a huge archetype back then, so anything with a Fighting weakness was susceptible to Hitmonchan. In this case, Hitmonchan 2HKO'd Tauros for one energy (or 1HKO'd it with a PlusPower). That's not to say that anything with a Fighting weakness was not viable; Wigglytuff was a...
  16. P

Help needed identifying Japanese card

My best guess is that it's a Meiji card, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet. It's probably not worth a whole lot.
  17. P

1st Edition BASE Set - To bother, or not to bother?

No. No, no, no. Yeah, Charizard will run you a pretty penny, but so will everything else. Have you checked the price on Blastoise lately? Even a lowly Magneton will set you short $30 or more. The commons and uncommons (and there are a lot of them) are about $2-$3/ea. Assume an average of...
  18. P

how to make good decks

20-20-20 generally isn't a good idea. Your decks should usually end up looking more like 20-25-15, if not 15-30-15.
  19. P

Poke-store?

Hmm... that's very difficult. Websites are honestly probably your best bet. -However- there is one thing you might try. Target, Wal Mart, TRU, and other major retailers often have blister packs that mix old and new series. For instance, they'll have one Noble Victories pack and two EX Dragon...
Back
Top Bottom