Search results for query: *

1. Werdnae

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

.jpg is commonly used for photos as it uses a blending-like effect to reduce the size, as photos tend to have colour gradients and areas of similar (but not identical) colours. It is however a "lossy" format, and that the decrease in file size is roughly proportional to a loss in quality. So a...
  2. Werdnae

Bulbawiki site issues thread

fenyx4; The "View Source" button literally just changes the display text. The link still appends "&action=edit", and therefore leads to the edit page when it's unprotected. It's not unique to the vector skin, all the other skins are the same - it's just how mediawiki works. Tiddlywinks; If you...
  3. Werdnae

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Because the content distribution network we use to reduce load means it's more of a server syncing issue than a caching issue. Any immediate fix has to be done manually, one file at a time, from the server side. It's not something that can be done via the front-end, and as a result there are...
  4. Werdnae

Probelms? Come Here

This has nothing to do with the Bulbawikis. You're looking for the video games forum, probably the simple questions, simple answers thread.
  5. Werdnae

They've been updated with the new ones from XY, which are slightly larger. Unfortunately, due to the way our images are set up, it can cause unusual errors as the updates are transferred. In this case, it appears to be displaying the old image using the dimensions of the new image, which is why...
  6. Werdnae

Bulbapedia Question about editing

The route locations which have a text rarity (e.g. "average") as opposed to a percentage listed are taken from the guidebook, and are therefore unlikely to be completely incorrect. I just had a look at my copy, and it notes that Floatzel only appears in caves 1 and 4, while Graveller only...
  7. Werdnae

About the new move lists...

The talk page is a good place for them. If you know how to use the templates, you're also welcome to put the partial learnset on the pages themselves, provided you place {{incomplete|learnset}} above the header template. For Pokemon with a generation V list on their page, replace the entire list...
  8. Werdnae

Bulbapedia Confirmation Email not recived?

Yashir; Some people who were having difficulty getting it to go through when you first posted have mentioned that they've had success recently. You may want to try it again now.
  9. Werdnae

Bulbapedia Openable menus inaccessible on mobile browsers

Thanks for pointing that out, I've fixed it now. And you're right, that's exactly how I did it, and why I missed those. I'll have to be more careful in future.
  10. Werdnae

Hmmm. It should have come through by now. Try going into your preferences and getting it to send another one, see if that comes through. You could also try adding [email protected] to your contacts. That's the address automated wiki emails come from, having it as a contact might help the...
  11. Werdnae

Make sure you check your spam folder. Spam filters often mistake automated confirmation emails for spam.
  12. Werdnae

Bulbapedia Edit Request(s)

No. We should not have periods within the filenames themselves. Especially not at the end so that there are two in a row. That's just asking to break everything. For issues like that, the template that calls the image needs to be fixed, not the image (which I note Kogoro did very shortly after...
  13. Werdnae

Bulbapedia Openable menus inaccessible on mobile browsers

Those links are javascript, and they do take longer to load than the rest of the page. I've been doing a lot of browsing on my phone lately and I've found they often take a minute or two after the rest of the page has loaded. You may find waiting a little longer makes them apart, but it's not...
  14. Werdnae

Need Kyogre and Groudon

Moved this from the Bulbawiki forum to the Trade Station.
  15. Werdnae

If I'm not mistaken, that is a Lanturn-shaped boat.
  16. Werdnae

How will Bulbapedia handle Gen 6?

For the information, we're hoping that someone will still be able to get data from the game code. There are a few staff members that have preordered or are planning to buy the guide, though last time that was released a few days later than the games. The B2W2 guide had lists and approximate...
  17. Werdnae

can't register at bulbapedia wiki

It should be fixed now.
  18. Werdnae

can't register at bulbapedia wiki

We're looking into the issue. I'll post here once it's resolved.
  19. Werdnae

As an additional note, having the forms on the same page makes it a lot easier to compare them and see what the difference is. Anything that isn't labelled as specific for one form doesn't change between them, while everything that does change is labelled. On separate pages that would just...
  20. Werdnae

We've got an announcement related to this coming soon. Just need to make sure we've covered everything we need to.
Back
Top Bottom