• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

• Users: Jayc
  • Order by date
  1. J

Bulbapedia Critical Hits?

Caps at 50% I believe. Although I'm not sure if this is the same for Gen 5. And I don't recall any priority move ever having a high critical hit rate.
  2. J

Does GameFreak keep running themselves into a corner?

Rather, the main point is that GF keeps introducing things like these for no other purpose than to cater to making certain Pokemon more 'unique'. It really doesn't matter if Magneton evolved from kooky magnetic fields or attaching a magnet to it or by making it especially angry or whatever's...
  3. J

Yes, but no because Skymin and Gracidea was a central part of a Pokemon movie. Therefore, it is special and unique and we must keep it that way by making it annoying and hard to get it to transform, just like in the movie (even though the freezing part wasn't included in the movie, we'll throw...
  4. J

No. The variety of status moves adds depth to the gameplay. They keep battles from becoming too much of a stale turn-based elemental rock-paper-scissors. Pokemon isn't always about vanilla attack and destroy. If the status movepool was to be 'refined' like you described, I'd personally be...
  5. J

A grey area of pokemon legitimacy

From what I hear, people like to ascribe a certain 'purity' to 'legit' Pokemon. Purity from the use of any tools or methods not coded into the game to obtain Pokemon. Even item hacking disqualifies a Pokemon from legitimacy. Therefore, such Pokemon as the one you described above would definitely...
  6. J

Walk Through Walls-caused glitches

Route 224 again...? I wonder why it's always a favourite for this discussion. Personally, I don't remember finding any out-of-reach Pearls there.
  7. J

Walk Through Walls-caused glitches

If you're using said cheat on Black & White, take heed because NPCs scripted to walk along a set path will also 'walk through' the limits of their path, then through any obstacles standing in their way and then... towards infinity and beyond. This only happens if the NPCs are in the vicinity...
  8. J

Audio/Video File Converters

Huh, that's rather strange. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the correct one though... do you have a link?
  9. J

@DarkMaster - Squared5 does not have support for .flv files, which is a big issue since almost all my web videos (Youtube, Dailymotion) are in that format.
  10. J

Well, I'd have to do file conversion offline sometimes, so online web converters don't really cut it. Also like you said, they're rather too slow for my liking.
  11. J

Recently, I've been trying out a bunch of audio/video converters with no luck. These are: everything Applian Technology offers for free, AnyDVD/Video Converter and FreeStudio. The main problem I have is that the converter has to be portable (meaning I can dump it onto a thumbdrive or HDD and it...
  12. J

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Your Attack and Defense stats. Self-inflicted confusion damage is calculated as though it was a physical 40BP typeless attack. That's why Swagger sharply raises the target's Attack - so your enemy hurts itself more when it's confused.
  13. J

Graphical File Formats

@Caspian: Okay, thanks. Though I was wondering about the other formats Photoshop offers.
  14. J

Graphical File Formats

My benchmark would be .bmp which .jpeg and .png unfortunately does not seem to exceed. The images in question are mostly Photoshop art. There are no photos. However, the .bmp format is rather memory-intensive so I am looking for an alternative format which is on par or exceeds the quality of...
  15. J

Graphical File Formats

Hello Bulbagarden, I am thinking of using universally among my personal archives, a certain graphical file format, but as with all things technological I am happily prone to screwing up. So Bulbagarden, I was hoping you could give me a graphical file format that best meets my requirements and...
  16. J

As far as legitimate means go, it is a no because Dragon Dance is an Egg Move for Salamence and the Move Relearner only teaches level-up moves. Do Heal Bell and Aromatherapy heal volatile status problems?
  17. J

External Hard Drive Failure

@!Tommy - Thanks, but I don't think I'm going to take the risk with DIY. @Rayne - I've been really afraid of powering it back up again since that could be the chance for the drive to screw itself up some more. Frankly, I was shocked that the drive couldn't handle such a minor fall - once, I...
  18. J

External Hard Drive Failure

Long story short: -Dropped a WD 1TB external hard drive, short fall. -Tried to use it briefly. No longer appears on My Computer, drive light is still on. -Haven't touched it since. -Recovery chances, cost and extent of recovery? also, I'm probably going to switch to solid-state drives after...
  19. J

What is the Nature of your Golem? I did the step-by-step calculation and got the same result. So yes, your SID would be between 03008 to 03015, assuming that the PID is correct.
  20. J

DVD copying problem

Argh, no. I lost the originals shortly after that. That's why I've been trying to salvage the video from the DVD. Contrary to that, the data reads perfectly. I can play the video from start to end on VLC Media Player with no problems. What do you make of that? Thanks, anyway. I'll keep in mind...
Back
Top Bottom