Search results for query: *

1. A

Preffered Writing Style?

In general I am a strong advocate for using 3rd person from a single character's perspective, preferably changing only with a new chapter. Maybe after a line break. IMO it's the best of both worlds. The readers aren't crammed into "being" the characters, but still get to see he world through...
  2. A

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

So it seems I am leaning towards writing a Trainer School fic, which means I need enough names to fill up a class. Actually I have come up with most of them, but there are still some I am unsure whether they are the optimal choice and I would like you guys to share your opinion and maybe suggest...
  3. A

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Need help deciding- school fic or historical journey fic So, uhm, hi to everyone I guess. Technically new guy, because I figure there are few, if any, people around from the time I was active on the forums. Although a few names do seem familiar :) Anyway, on BMGf was where I started 'writing'...
  4. A

Writer's Workshop Spring Awards 2012 Voting Thread

A little late but, congrats, you guys! And as the judge for the Non-Pokémon category, I'd like to say I'm happy there are still good authors branching out outside of the forums' leading franchise.
  5. A

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Well, I'm also finished with my judging (Non-Pokémon/Crossover category). And the winner is...
  6. A

Capitalization Rules for Pokemon? (Discussion Topic)

Re: Capitalisation of Pokemon names Personally, I always capitalize them. They're capitalized in all official works so I think that's big enough of a clue that that's how it's meant to be. Pokémon and all various species aren't really a natural part of any language so it isn't mandatory that...
  7. A

Just like with the samurai period idea, I think just about anything can be pulled off if Pokémon are incorporated realistically into the fic.
  8. A

And yet another idea about a Pokémon fic just popped up in my brain yesterday after I watched some trailers about that Pokémon crossover game. Wouldn't a Pokémon fic taking place during that period (samurai/shoguns/every other Warring States trope you can come up with) be interesting to read? It...
  9. A

Leaked document reveals upcoming games: Title list proves old consoles never die

Believe in yourself who believes in you! Otherwise it gets all confusing and stuff...
  10. A

Leaked document reveals upcoming games: Title list proves old consoles never die

Pff, come on, guys. I understand you can be a tad skeptical because of the date but it's just a coincidence. What, you're also going to say Game of Thrones S02 doesn't start today, too? Again, pfft.
  11. A

Music What song are you currently listening to?

Florence and The Machine- Seven Devils A Lava cookie if anyone guesses why. xD
  12. A

Been Thinking...

Speaking in general, IMO the core of the problem is that many authors, on both sides of the experience scale, are afraid of their characters being labeled Mary/Gary Stus, so they make their characters a tad too identical to an average person. For example, while having the main character...
  13. A

The whole thing is still in the planning stage and there's a bit of a problem... First of all, traveling companions. Should I or shouldn't I include them? And the bigger problems is, who should they be? I don't quite want to go with OCs here, so who should I use? Not enough NPC in Hoenn that...
  14. A

Yo, people. Since I haven't written anything Pokémon since.. uhm, forever I'm thinking of starting a new journey fic. Y'see the first games I ever played were the 3rd gen ones, so I think that if I've to pick, I'd place it in Hoenn. Also, I've always thought that the 3rd gen had a secretly...
  15. A

Your Writer's Workshop 2012 Winter Award Winners! [Overall Winners Announced!]

Re: Your Writer's Workshop 2012 Winter Award Winners! Congrats to all the winners!
  16. A

That's my usual state. Doesn't help that I've a short attention span, too. That's why I thought of it as a mriacle when I actually managed to finish writing a fic.
  17. A

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat, Vol. 3

Than a happy birthday to ya, Mizzle!
  18. A

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat, Vol. 3

Greetings from this Sith Lord! Who'll coincidently be 18 in just 2 days.
  19. A

Workshop Directory

I said that we would come up with a fixed template, didn't I?
  20. A

Workshop Directory

How about we mods just come up with a form for the users to fill, which they post in the designated thread and afterwards we just compile them in the very first post and place links to the authors' post. Upon updating the fic, the author will also edit his/her post and announce it, also adding...
Back
Top Bottom