• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

• Users: Sleet
  • Order by date
  1. S

Review S13 EP04: Yes in Dee Dee, It's Dawn!

That's a pretty odd way to come up with that nickname. I guess the translators didn't have much to work with, since they probably were told to come up with an English equivalent of Pikari before the Japanese writers even started this episode. Overall it was a pretty typical contest episode...
  2. S

Review S13 EP03: A Marathon Rivalry!

We didn't see everything the characters do. They do stuff off-screen. We only saw like 2-3 total days of Johto, after all.
  3. S

How does Ash get past all the things he went through?

Because if Ash had not survived those things, whoever is telling the story portrayed in the cartoon would not have chosen to tell his story. There's a name for this literary principle, but I forgot it.
  4. S

Review S13 EP03: A Marathon Rivalry!

Because some stereotypes when extended to a large group of individuals can, for marketing reasons, be considered more or less true. "Young girls love fashion shows more than violence and sports" is one of them. Contests were only elevated to their current status for girl appeal, and even with...
  5. S

New theme, like it or hate it?

I kind of liked Advance Generation too. And Advance Battle is still probably my second favorite theme song. Original Diamond & Pearl theme, though... Finger, meet throat. I don't get what the big deal about length is, anyway. It's not like you're getting gypped out of any show. It's the...
  6. S

Review S13 EP01: Regaining the Home Advantage!

Yeah I know, just sayin'. Though season finales tend to be pretty awesome, by whatever coincidence.
  7. S

New theme, like it or hate it?

That was horrible. You can't expect music written for the opening credits of a children's cartoon that will be replaced in a year to be any good, but this was bad even by Pokémon standards. Even by Diamond & Pearl standards. The only good thing I can say is at least no one rapped. When the...
  8. S

Review S13 EP01: Regaining the Home Advantage!

That was a pretty bad way to start a new season. It reminded me of all the things I dislike about the show.
  9. S

Review S12 EP52: Gotta Get a Gible!

I like the little things about this episode, like the dot-dot-dot-sweat drop, the sound Brock made when he saw Officer Jenny, the way the bike crash was animated, Barry's math skills, Barry's screaming skills, Meowth referencing the old motto, Empoleon's shifty look, and Piplup hiding when it...
  10. S

The new player characters

Re: Ideas for a new female travelling companion? Or he's ten.
  11. S

The new player characters

Re: Ideas for a new female travelling companion? I think the interesting thing to note here is how the characters are going to be older than the past characters, and by extension, older than Ash and Dawn. That means it is much less likely than expected for the girl to replace Dawn as the...
  12. S

Review S12 EP51: A Meteoric Rise to Excellence!

Well that was a silly episode. Nothing special, but I loved Piplup receiving bodily harm. I'd call it strictly average.
  13. S

What if next generation will be again with Ash, Brock and the new coordinator girl?

Re: What if next generation will be again with Ash, Brock and the new coordinator gir I agree fully. As you've touched on, I do think Jessie has become much more interesting thanks to the Sinnoh contests.
  14. S

What if next generation will be again with Ash, Brock and the new coordinator girl?

Re: What if next generation will be again with Ash, Brock and the new coordinator gir I don't really think they oppose it on principle, they just oppose it because they like Dawn. Which is perfectly fine, as long as they don't try to claim otherwise.
  15. S

Why does is it so unbelievable to have a male coordinator in the cast?

Ash is male, Brock is male. If they replace Ash or Brock with a male coordinator, he and Dawn would be redundant. If they replace Dawn with a male coordinator, there would be no female humans in the main cast. And let's face it, contests are just girl appeal. Call it sexist, but they care...
  16. S

Re: What if next generation will be again with Ash, Brock and the new coordinator gir To all teenagers and adults complaining about the direction the show has taken: If you are looking for a high-quality cartoon to enjoy, you're looking in the wrong place. Taking a step back, it's a pretty...
  17. S

Review S12 EP50: Double-Time Battle Training!

From everything we've seen on the show, it looks like it would be much more effective to just go straight for the jugular in contest battles, assuming they're in contests where you can change Pokémon between rounds. A Pokémon that is trying to look pretty will instantly get trounced by a...
  18. S

Review S12 EP50: Double-Time Battle Training!

-Gah, Candice annoys me. I like how she grabbed Dawn's head before she realized she wasn't a total stranger, though. -Conspicuous CGI poppers! -Spicy ice cream? Ridiculous. -I like this piano version of (I think) Twinleaf Town. Isn't that from the original version? -Please stop talking...
  19. S

Review S12 EP49: Mastering Current Events!

Sure, the Japanese music is much better, but you guys are taking it way too seriously. It's a cartoon made for children about a video game. It's not that big of a deal. And also, again with the releasing Pokémon at the drop of a hat. I seems like they're all released the same now. Go to...
  20. S

Review S12 EP48: The Treasure Is All Mine!

I realized that for the first time when I saw the Cartoon Network marathon leading up to the Diamond & Pearl debut. I was 17 I think.
Back
Top Bottom