Search results for query: *

• Users: Barb
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Barb

Kanji list gets first official update in 29 years

Source Apparently, 196 new characters were added and 5 were deleted.
  2. Barb

Lindsay Lohan sentenced to 90 days in jail

"Lindsay Lohan has been sentenced to 90 days in jail after a Beverly Hills judge ruled that she had violated her probation by missing a string of alcohol education classes imposed for a 2007 drink-driving arrest." Full story here In other news, Lindsay Lohan is young enough to be my...
  3. Barb

Physicists invalidate scientific law

Rest of article here: http://www.physorg.com/news188211977.html EDIT (Evil Figment): Sorry Barb, changed your title because I was tired of the whole "OH NOES IT'S A LAW OF NATURE IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE BROKEN!" reaction.
  4. Barb

Deep sea oddities found during marine census

Yeah, it's a slideshow, but it's really cool. Check out the transparent sea cucumber. Link Actually, the 'Dumbo fish' is pretty cool, too.
  5. Barb

You are here

NASA released images of the the Milky Way, and they are amazing. Hub of beauty
  6. Barb

HIV vaccine?

Read more here Since there are different strains of HIV throughout the world, I can understand that having a true vaccine to prevent infection (like we now have for measles and mumps) is a long way off, but this is great news.
  7. Barb

Giant squid caught in Gulf of Mexico

Full article here Interesting that the last time this species was found in the Gulf of Mexico was 1954.
  8. Barb

Scientists discover monster black hole

The picture in the article deserves to be a desktop background. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/5899913/Nasa-finds-monster-black-hole-sucking-up-gas-dust-and-stars-at-centre-of-galaxy.html
  9. Barb

"...one giant leap for mankind."

Forty years ago, man walked on the moon. Now, the debate is whether or not to turn the Moon into a cosmic pit stop on way to Mars.
  10. Barb

3 new dinosaurs discovered in Australia

I find it interesting that the dinosaur's nomenclature is 'carcharodontosaurus' since great white sharks (also native to Australia) are referred to as Carchardon carcharias. Rest of article here
  11. Barb

Ant mega-colony takes over the world

No, really. This isn't the title of a SyFy movie of the week. A single mega-colony of ants has colonised much of the world, scientists have discovered. Argentine ants living in vast numbers across Europe, the US and Japan belong to the same inter-related colony, and will refuse to fight...
  12. Barb

Dual operating systems?

My son bought a game that's compatible with Windows XP. However, his Dell laptop runs Vista and, at one point, the game crashed his laptop. I guess he could partition the laptop's hard drive to run WinXP and Vista on different drives. How does one go about doing this? Are there tutorials...
  13. Barb

The evolution of house cats

It is by turns aloof and affectionate, serene and savage, endearing and exasperating. Despite its mercurial nature, however, the house cat is the most popular pet in the world. A third of American households have feline members, and more than 600 million cats live among humans worldwide. Yet as...
  14. Barb

Up to 50 new species of jumping spider discovered

Full article here We now bring you your regularly scheduled nightmare-inducing spider thread.
  15. Barb

Smallest known N. American dinosaur found

From here: It's sort of cute.
  16. Barb

Scientists to explore the dark side of the sun

From Wired magazine:
  17. Barb

Exoplanet atmosphere detected from Earth

Article: more here
  18. Barb

Skeletal remains confirmed to be those of Caylee Anthony

From CNN.com: full article here: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/19/caylee.anthony/index.html
  19. Barb

Incredible deep sea discoveries

This article is about a 10-year project called the Census of Marine Life: The bit about the White Shark cafe is pretty cool.
Back
Top Bottom