• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

• Users: DRaB
  • Order by date
  1. D

Comments, please?

These all give a message that says: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator." Are you sure you uploaded these correctly?
  2. D

You may not know this but...

I really like the Rapidash Pegasus one. Using Moltres' wings is brilliant. It seems so obvious in retrospect.
  3. D

My Monster Drawings

Great detail work. The sketchiness has been greatly reduced. :D Scary realistic looking. Especially the eyes. The wing angles look weird, but I know virtually nothing about bird anatomy, so maybe that's just me. Did you use a reference?
  4. D

Check Out My Sprites :)

There's something I really like about this one. It's simple, yet it works so well. I like how the splice evolves. I don't see that often enough. Nightmares. Unfiltered nightmares.
  5. D

Luciole's Sprites.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say you aren't very good. Unless I'm mistaken, you have not only created original designs, but you've managed to execute them quite well. I'm also interested in the proto-story you're hinting at here. Will we get to see more of this? Are those names...
  6. D

My Monster Drawings

Re: My Pogeymons - Now with graphics! Both, sort of. In the shading and highlights, the lines you used for some images end up being too thin for the difference in color between them and the background hue. But like I said, a little bit of blending would clear it up magnificently, so it's no...
  7. D

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4) Unfortunately, I do not. And even if I did, I don't have the Pokedex filled. Ah well... Thank you for doing what you could! I'm pretty sure this holds true for Gen II, when they added egg groups, but there were far fewer icons in Gen I, and egg...
  8. D

Re: Gen I Pokemon icons Well, that's one piece of the puzzle solved! Thank you. I've done a ton of searches, yielding very little. I wonder why this info is so difficult to come by...
  9. D

My Monster Drawings

Re: My Pogeymons - Now with graphics! The ONLY thing that bothers me about these is that the line contrast in a lot of the images in the first post feels a bit too sharp for my liking, notably in Salamence, Arcanine, Umbreon and Mightyena. And even that could be softened with a quick bit of...
  10. D

Gen I Pokemon icons For those of you who remember Red and Blue, do you remember the icons for the Pokemon that would show up when you looked at your team? Nowadays, every Pokemon has its own unique image, but back in Gen I, there were maybe 5 to 10 different icons shared between all of the...
  11. D

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

Unlike some of you guys, I am going to explain my naming conventions. I spend a lot of time on my names, and I often end up putting the game down for a while just to look up etymologies. Snivy/Servine/Serperior ♀ - Natrix Derived from the Binomial name of the Grass Snake Natrix natrix...
  12. D

Official Nintendo Magazine reveals new English names: More names from the unconfirmed

Re: Official Nintendo Magazine reveals new English names: More names from the unconfi You mean apart from the fact that the translations you're accustomed to were never official, so they really can't be considered "changed" anyway?
  13. D

Official Nintendo Magazine reveals new English names: More names from the unconfirmed

Re: Official Nintendo Magazine reveals new English names: More names from the unconfi Much like in the last thread, I'm going to dump the list of the IPA pronunciations that I think will be attached to the names. We will not know for certain until the dub comes out, so I could be completely...
  14. D

More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more revea

Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r You seem to have a fine mastery of the English language, so you should probably know that English has more exceptions than it has rules. In its current form, the pronunciations/spellings are pretty much...
  15. D

More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more revea

Re: More Black and White English names revealed: More English names revealed Don't forget Seel. Ugh. I've never liked Seel or it's unoriginal moniker. It's just so bland. But you gotta take the good with the bad, I suppose. This is why I don't understand people getting all whiny about new...
  16. D

Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r Patrat: it's probably supposed to be pronounced /pətɹæt/, but I'm calling it /pætræt/ for now, because it feels more natural to me. I'm guessing Musharna is pronounced /muʃɑɹnə/? Woobat: /wubæt/...
  17. D

Chinese names revealed for latest anime: Anime characters, Pokémon translated

You don't enjoy etymology? Your loss. I like knowing where words and names come from. What baffles me is that you would even bother clicking on something that disinterests you so. To each his own, I suppose.
  18. D

Chinese names revealed for latest anime: Anime characters, Pokémon translated

Snivy - 藤藤蛇 "Téngténgshé" roughly translates to "vine vine snake." 蛇藤 (characters reversed) means orbiculatus, otherwise known as Oriental staff vine. Tepig - 暖暖豬 "Nuǎnnuǎnzhū" roughly translates to "warm warm pig." Reversing the characters yielded nothing of interest from Bing Translator...
  19. D

The Official PolitiSprite Contest!

John Boehnette It... doesn't really look like him, so this isn't intended as a replacement. But maybe it'll provide incentive for others to join. John Boehner is a very orange man.
  20. D

The Official PolitiSprite Contest!

So, uh... It's been a few days since October 6th... Are we going to get the results, or are we going to extend the deadline so more people can have their chance? 쓰
Back
Top Bottom