Search results for query: *

1. N

Where English people disagree over whose language is best

Typical Conversation when meeting people in Australia: A: "Hi, where are you from?" Me: "I'm from America." A: "I know that." What I want to say: "THEN WHY DID YOU ASK?" I honestly don't care what your English accent is as long as I can understand you. Most of the teachers here don't care...
  2. N

Church refuses to marry black couple

Even if you updated it like you wanted, it would still allow this church to choose who it may marry. It would only prevent the government from discriminating (unless that was your whole intent?); plus, such an amendment would have to include everyone, not just those who are not "power holders"...
  3. N

14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

Lovely blurring there, and it's already out who they are looking for. Whoops. I hope they find the guy, though I don't know exactly why they want him, I just hope he wasn't killed before Holmes went on his rampage.
  4. N

14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says

I heard about that too. But, what does your picture have to do with this?? Is that the suspect who may have let him in the theater? As far as I have read, that accomplice-person hasn't been named.
  5. N

Happy Birthday USA! - Obligatory US Independence Day Thread

You know, I'm in Australia and it's not even the 4th yet. :-p Wanting to grab the the thread before anyone else eh? I'll get you yet. Happy Independence Day!
  6. N

Japanese Politicians Consider Humanoid Mechas

While neat in fiction, I highly doubt this will go beyond the blueprint stage. It's much more economical to suit soldiers in high tech exoskeletons (or just making cyborgs out of them) than it would be to go through with this project.
  7. N

California official accused of hitting boy with belt when he drops ball

I agree, it's pretty disgusting what the step-father did. Thankfully, he's resigned from his political office and he's being charged on felony child abuse. I applaud the man who recorded the situation and stood up for the boy.
  8. N

The Zombie Apocalypse Continues

I didn't hear about that one in KC. While pretty crazy, I think the worse thing to have come out of the area is the boy who was set on fire. Maybe all these people are just getting large press coverage because of a slow news cycle.
  9. N

Bath Salts-What the hell is going on exactly?

Well, bath salts are a real consumer product. You can see them at many stores that sell shampoo and other bathing goods. I don't use them, but they supposedly help cleaning, plus fragrant are added for smelling good. What people are using to get high are simply called bath salts, like Quattro...
  10. N

New York plans to ban large sodas

No, it means that people should take personal responsibility for being overweight. Instead of the government telling everyone (healthy and unhealthy) what they can and cannot have. Besides, you can just buy more, get free refills, etc.
  11. N

On writing a character of a different gender, race, faith or sexuality to your own.

Re: On writing a character of a different gender, race, faith or sexuality to your ow I don't write here on the forums, but I do write off-site and just for fun. Most of my stories tend to fall into two camps- very short stories or novel-length. Whenever I write short stories, I don't pay...
  12. N

FDA Approves First Drug that Wholly Prevents HIV Infection

Prevention should take into account drugs. Some women get HIV via rape unfortunately, some people are prostitutes and come into contact with STDs regularly, and if they have a pill that can help prevent HIV then I say it better. Contraceptives do not protect 100% against STDs and HIV. Plus, if...
  13. N

Pakistani jet crashes killing all 127 on board

Source While this is a tragedy, I am glad that no one on the ground was killed. I hope the families related to those who died are able to find solace.
  14. N

Little Things about Health

Most doctors recommend no more than 1-2 pounds per week for healthy dieting (exceptions being relatively rare). I'm not on a diet, but I experience the same things that you do. I don't go and eat out hardly at all, and usually make dinner from scratch. Eating out leaves a nasty taste of grease...
  15. N

Tsunami Warning across the Indian Ocean

Yeah, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center has cancelled its own alert. Thankfully, the people on the ground did an excellent job of relying the information, and people were able to move to safety quickly.
  16. N

Arizona law would censor the Internet

Source Trolling is illegal! >:[ /s
  17. N

At least four shot dead at Jewish school in Toulouse, France

Yeah. He's currently in Ft. Leavenworth pending trial. This man is still unknown (at least, last I heard), but may be related to 2 other shootings (one of which did involve 3 soldiers, but this is in France).
  18. N

At least four shot dead at Jewish school in Toulouse, France

Do you mean the man who killed the 16 people? He didn't do this. In fact, he's about 30 minutes away from me in a jail cell.
  19. N

7.6 Earthquake in Mexico

7.6 magnitude earthquake strikes near Acapulco, Mexico Source Yeah, two threads were made within 1 minute of each other. So I merged them.
Back
Top Bottom