Search results for query: *

1. L

Review JN147: The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master!

My problem with Team Rocket is that I don’t consider them going after Pikachu their defining character trait. To me their defining traits are that they are tenacious to a fault, and they are meant to be together. The conclusion for them is that they needed the epiphany that they were simply in...
  2. L

Team Rocket have ALWAYS had better development than Ash.
  3. L

Can’t say I agree, they walked back on Ash always losing major tournaments (a status quo they heavily stood behind, that some fans also justified/defended), they walked back on Goh, making his captures more digestible overtime, along with his goal being modified to being more realistic.
  4. L

Talk about hyperbole. Usually a finale has some kind of conclusion, this is literally how every between region episode plays out formulaically. It is perfectly reasonable to expect a series running over 25 years to have something better than whatever this was. Its very clear that this episode...
  5. L

Review JN146: Satoshi and Latios!

Decent episode on its own but this being the build up of the entire chapter is a bit lame. All this for a “we have a Pokemon movie back home” episode?
  6. L

Review JN139: Takeshi and Dent and the Forest Witch!

It was probably a bit of that and mostly him not really doing anything in the show at that point, he was just there. He was hardly getting any development compared to Dawn and Ash.
  7. L

Review JN139: Takeshi and Dent and the Forest Witch!

Can’t say I’m a fan of them regressing character development for the sake of nostalgia pandering. I just wish the group coming back together felt a bit more natural, rather than them coincidentally running into each other and any prior obligations are just not relevant anymore.
  8. L

Review JN138: Satoshi VS Kasumi! Seaside One-on-One!!

Something was off about the ending timing wise, I think the beginning of the next episode should have revealed Misty was following him. It just felt weird that they just cut from the seaside and go right into her following him with no departing scene between them. I’d rather have had a...
  9. L

Actually you make a good point, maybe the writers just don’t want the added pressure of the long time fans of the show on their back and starting fresh will relieve some of that pressure. I don’t know. Pikachu would probably be an issue though.
  10. L

I think thats why they did a 1 vs 1 as well, its just not realistic that he would have lost anything else. I can understand why they are sunsetting him. Even in that battle she basically got out played and saved by her Politoed figuring out how to get out of the jam by itself. Though I’m not...
  11. L

Yeah seems like they are building up to a capture of Latias. I don’t think they’ve had any stalker non-gag Pokemon that haven’t led to a capture. Maybe they are checkboxing him getting an actual Legendary Pokemon after giving Goh a couple and people reacting negatively to it.
  12. L

Review JN137: Winds of Beginning! The Endless Road!!

I’m adult and teared up while smiling at Team Rocket during the first encounter of the episode. It just epitomizes everything I’ve come to remember growing up. I’m going to miss all of this so much. I think the sorrow I feel is partly because this ending doesn’t feel completely organic or...
  13. L

Preview JN138: Satoshi VS Kasumi! Seaside One-on-One!!

I think the Totodile situation was handled a bit better as she even got a poliwhirl out of the deal. In this however, it looks like she’s straight up trying to steal his catch from the preview.
  14. L

Review JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

It’s not really about it being perfect. Its just a trope used in anime like a clashing of will power between two rivals. Its much more dramatic than having a projectile power struggle where the thunderbolt just breaks through the fire blast and engulfs charizard. I agree with you though, I...
  15. L

Just a trope effect
  16. L

I wonder if this has to do with them not having time to flesh out Hop. Though I agree that I prefer him like this. I think the problem he had in the game that depressed him is that he wanted to be like his brother and challenge him. Your character basically surpassed both Hop and his brother so...
  17. L

I notice that there is a slight difference between Ash’s Charizard and other characters’. Like Leon’s looks more brutish compared to his. In the friendship power up montage, Ash’s looks a bit more slender, maybe younger. I remember how it was such a treat when they brought Ash’s Charizard back...
  18. L

He escaped custody through bribery I guess since he’s free to wander in the open.
  19. L

considering they stretched his Pokemon cameos to Larvitar and Sungleo I wonder if they would have added Haunter if they didn’t give him Gengar? Haunter absolutely would qualify.
  20. L

Preview JN132: The Finals IV: "Partner"

Really nervous about Cinderace just not showing up.
Back
Top Bottom