Search results for query: *

1. J

Striving for equality: Why Bulbagarden is taking a pro-LGBTQ stance

To definitively take the stance that homosexuality is acceptable and that anyone who doesn't think so is wrong or evil and then say that it is in pursuit of "equality" is naive, especially in representing a staff that may not unanimously agree. It is also incorrect to believe that the fight to...
  2. J

Where does Yellow stand in the series?

I've never bothered to consider any one given game or set of events as "canon". For RSE and DPt, if it really matters that badly, one could say events transpire the way they do in Emerald and Platinum, For GSC I figure maybe the female trainer went through whatever Suicune stuff happened, then...
  3. J

Misty Sisters? Love or Hate?

I largely don't care for or against Misty's sisters. They're pretty and attractive, but I think that of almost every random girl from the Pokèmon show. However, I like them more than Misty herself.
  4. J

Best Main Series Pokemon Game?

Hm... I mostly consider the original games and their remakes to be the same game, but I voted Fire Red/Leaf Green. They just felt like such faithful remakes, yet improved so much. I thought about HG/SS, but I haven't played them yet and so far it sounds like, although great additions, they...
  5. J

Way don't Poké balls catch Humans?

My theory is that pokemon have some unique property in their DNA that is recognized by the pokeball. Humans, inanimate objects, etc. don't have this, so they can't be captured. I always assumed this, as much as I'd love to catch Jasmine. I'd use a luxury ball, I swear.
  6. J

How do you feel about getting three different starters?

I don't care too much, mostly because to this day I only consider Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle to be the true, absolute "starters". Chikorita, Cyndiquil, and Totodile are good for getting you started in Johto, and then I don't care what's what in Hoenn or Sinnoh. After however many...
  7. J

gender of your pokemon

In general, I tend to lean toward male pokèmon because male trainers in-game tend to have male pokèmon. On my female trainer's roster, I keep mainly female pokèmon. I tend to favor male physical sweepers. I will not utilize a male Gardevoir, nor a female Machamp. I have a female Venusaur and...
  8. J

Your perfect movie?

My "perfect movie"? The very first one comes so close that I'd might as well not bother. I'd instead focus on the human characters or something; Pokèmon is about pokèmon so they get the spotlight, but I'd honestly be more interested in seeing some long-lacked human character development...
  9. J

if leaf was in pokemon hgss?

I'd rather battle as Red, holding hands with Leaf, in a double battle against I-don't-care-who.
  10. J

Pokemon and the Final ending

Back in the day, I thought Ash would defeat the Elite 4, defeat Gary, that Giovanni would be put out of commission for good, and that Ash's father would be revealed as some great world-renown Pokèmon Master. Then, when Gold and Silver came out, I figured the series would jump ahead a couple of...
  11. J

LOL Anime

I rather liked Pikachu's impression of Bulbasaur in "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden". I also liked a lot of the English-inserted jokes in the first two movies.
  12. J

Pokémon nicknames

I usually do not name them. All the important and/or cool characters on the show used the specie names, and not being able to rename Pokèmon caught in a trade just makes it a hassle-I might not want any given nickname later, but I'll always be satisfied with their specie name. But lately...
  13. J

Favorite Electric Type Pokemon

Re: Favorite Elecric Type Pokemon I kind of like Magneton over Magnezone, but my favorite electric type is Jolteon.
  14. J

Do you ever use Pokemon things in other video games?

In Harvest Moon 64, I named my chickens after the six Pokèmon game versions of the time: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver. Then they kept coming out with more game versions. Then I got a kitten and named it "Mew." Unfortunately the oaf is nothing like the Pokèmon anymore.
  15. J

Are the female player character designs becoming more girly?

I wouldn't say that they're getting more "girly", nor would I saw more "childish", bar Kotone. They're like the male trainers I guess. The wish Gold kept his real shorts in stead of switching to whatever you call those in HGSS. Leaf and non-Platinum Dawn are my favorite female trainer...
  16. J

Is Pokemon Kodomo, or Shonen?

Pokèmon is definately based around children of all ages. Way back toward the start it may have been a bit boy-sided since you could only be a boy in the gameboy games and there was no active regular female character on the show(Misty hardly did anything compared to May or Dawn), but there's not...
  17. J

What ingame team will you use?

I'll use the same in-game team I beat Fire Red, Gold, and Blue with: Jolteon Sandslash (trade) First Starter Dragonite Starmie Alakazam? The sixth slot's always been a little iffy, but I usually end up finishing the game with Alakazam in it.
  18. J

Do you think new Gym Leaders' Pokèmon may come out?

I see. Thank you for your input. It sounds like I'll probably just stick with "Unlimited" format and get/use whatever cards I darn well please. Which is fine too; all the more reason to replace that Charizard... From the lack of attention the card game gets, it seems as though not so...
  19. J

Do you think new Gym Leaders' Pokèmon may come out?

So I've recently thought about getting back into the card game... I haven't played since just barely before the first Rocket expansion came out. You know, WotC base/jungle/fossile sets? Not that I care -too- much, but apparently only cards from the introduction of the D/P sets and beyond...
  20. J

Are there "canon" protagonists or "canon" starters?

After reviewing the argument stuck into the topic, I have to say that Somari's position can be summed up in her own statement: If it were up to me, the female counterpart would be the canon protagonist in all the games. Edo-kun has done an excellent job of addressing the issue.
Back
Top Bottom