Search results for query: *

1. T

Starter discussion/speculation

Yeah but Dark being completely immune to Psychic means it's not a perfect triangle.
  2. T

What's Your Favorite Pokemon Region?

Hoenn or Kalos. Unova's cool, too. The other three are kind of mediocre. Hoenn's range of climates is rad as hell, and Kalos has a wide diversity in habitats, with most of the routes having distinct characteristics, and the caves being more than generic Zubat lairs.
  3. T

Pokemon you used to hate/not care, but now love/at least like

Exploud, Azumarill, and Marowak, in my current X run. All are godly, wonderful. My Azumarill destroys Dragons, Fire/Ground/Rock types, Steel and Dark types, and other types fear its raw power. WATER BUNNY DOMINATION. Exploud has Boomburst, Surf, Ice Fang, and Thunder Fang, although I'm wondering...
  4. T

What is the Worst HM Move?

Flash and Defog, although Cut is awful, too. Whirlpool would be, but it was scarcely ever necessary aside from accessing the Whirl Islands. But those three, I always felt angry and frustrated having to teach them to my Pokemon in order to progress. So when I play Platinum, I just run through...
  5. T

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

Until Nintendo starting content-filtering the nicknames, I made it a tradition to name a Golbat ASSHOLE in every game, in honor of a Golbat in Silver that knocked out 4/6 of my team in the Ice Path before I finally caught the shitlord.
  6. T

Who is your fav Johto starter ?

Totodile, because it is an adorable lil' crocodile that bites things. Cyndaquil is pretty cute, too. Apparently there is a Grass starter as well, but it's not relevant.
  7. T

Most annoying Pokemon to face when playing the main game (not competitive battling)

Re: Most annoying Pokemon to face when playing through the games. Anything that abuses Protect or Detect, or uses Fake Out as its opening move. The first two for PP wasting, and all three for wasting my time for no reason. Also Amoonguss is a pain to deal with because it's so bulky. Seldom does...
  8. T

Starter discussion/speculation

This: Water/Fighting Grass/Steel Fire/Fairy Then we have the basic rock-paper-scissors relationship, and then an inverted one. Until the introduction of Fairy type, we didn't really have a particularly good option for a secondary triangle, but Fighting/Steel/Fairy is PERFECT.
  9. T

The Generation 1 Remake Discussion Thread

My ideal is that they do sequels instead of a remake. Like have this 3DS game be to GRBY what B2/W2 were to B&W. Have a few different gym leaders (replace Blaine's gym with a Ghost gym in Lavender Town!), have the game go in a different order (like, add a new little town on the other side of the...
  10. T

Ideas For New Pokemon Moves

Life Drain Special Type: Dark BP: 50 PP: 25 AC: 100 Effect: User recovers HP equal to half of damage done by this attack.
  11. T

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Question for people: what would you recommend for monotype teams, that is, teams where every member shares a type in common, for beating the E4 in X? After I beat the E4 with my normal team, I'm going to do it with all 18 types for fun, and it's much easier given the Battle Chateau, EXP Share...
  12. T

Preffered Writing Style?

First person present tense. It's definitely not the standard, but I like the immediacy of it, and the fact that the story is being told from an individual's biased perspective allowed me to use judgmental language without necessarily saying that I as the author am judging these characters. Also...
  13. T

Obsolete: What music/TV/etc have you been really into lately?

Yeah, I'm really bummed, too. This season's been awesomely abstract, even more of a "like nothing else on television" quality.
  14. T

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Yeah, I get that. It's easy to describe my idea and make it sound like it's only loosely rooted in the Pokemon world, but all their tour stops will be cities from the Pokemon world with a bunch of detail based on the games (and maybe other media) thrown in, there WILL be battles, the antagonists...
  15. T

Ideas For New Pokemon Moves

Small Room Type: Psychic BP: N/A PP: 10 Acc: 100% Effect: Disables moves that require movement such as Dive, Fly, and Dig for five turns. Ice Charge Physical Type: Electric & Ice BP: 80 PP: 10 Acc: 85% Effect: This attack does both Electric and Ice type damage. It has a 10% change of paralysis...
  16. T

Music that just happens to fit your characters?

Well, I'm in early stages of planning a Pokemon world story about a rock band on tour, so obviously music is heavily on my mind. I have a long Spotify playlist of classic rock, but in particular, my main character's anthem would probably have to be either The Breeders' cover of Happiness is a...
  17. T

Talking Pokemon?

I posted the first chapter of a story, and got negative feedback for including a talking Pokemon (who was also a police officer, so double whammy there). I think my problem was not necessarily that the Pokemon talked, but that to include that element you have to explain it, and I didn't really...
  18. T

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Yeah, the manager of the band has kind of a mother/child relationship with the band, and is constantly having to put out fires, but there's another conflict that gradually rises to the surface: she used to be kind of a hero, someone fighting the good fight against bad guys around the world...
  19. T

COMPLETE: Survival Project (TEEN)

This story is terrific, I gotta say. I love the risks you're taking in making the protagonist so unlikable and mentally unstable. It creates a sense of total unpredictability in the story that journey fics never usually have, and it keeps the story gripping. Also, your characterization of...
  20. T

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

Q-Mart! We Put the Q in Quality! Their mascot is a Qwilfish.
Back
Top Bottom