Search results for query: *

1. T

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Holy shit, dude. Actually, I wouldn't say it's too much. I mean, I've written chapters that are over 8,000 words long, close to 9,000. And, if I recall, Shinneth's written chapters twice as long as that, at least.
  2. T

POPULAR: Plot Bunny Zoo

Well, this is embarrassing. I had assumed you lived in the US. ^^; But that aside, you go get that wish fulfillment, bruh. I know you have the skills to pull it off without dragging down the story. Alrighty, then. Aside from the issues of Pokemon being seen as biological weapons and everything...
  3. T

@Crobatman : I hear ya, bruh. BTW, I remember that story. I think that was the one I read and reviewed. Really liked it. It is pretty difficult to figure out how to incorporate Pokemon and the politics of today's America into your writing, since they create such a radical change to all sorts of...
  4. T

Yeah, it's crazy to think how quickly we've gotten here, but especially how smoothly, too. Checking some of the episodes coming up, it doesn't feel like they rushed into the League.
  5. T

Interesting. I wonder if, on ff.net, people generally feel like the only way their story has a chance of getting noticed is if they use canon characters as the focal point of their fics. Do you think the smaller fanfiction community here means writers feel less pressure to rely on canons to get...
  6. T

Fair enough. I didn't think that would be the case on ff.net. Given that ff.net is one of the biggest fanfiction sites out there and given that a large amount of badly written fanfiction is found there, I would've thought the prevailing opinion would favor them.
  7. T

It really is something. I figured other modern nations around the world didn't have the problems the US has, but no, it turns out they've got similar issues, too. And with Brexit winning, I fear what effect that might have on the election in the US. Especially considering it's looking likely...
  8. T

Speaking of this issue, I was watching some Young Turks coverage a day or two ago and one of the hosts, Ben Mankiewicz, said he talked to a lot of people in the aftermath about the Brexit victory. I think he said that a lot of them basically told him, "I'm actually surprised. Even though I voted...
  9. T

@AceTrainer14 : Actually, slice of life-ish, with a potential criminal organization was largely what I had in mind, though I'm still working details out. After looking through several threads here, I think the problem was my choice of words. Everyone else's definition of journey fic seemed to...
  10. T

Oh, damn, I didn't realize there was a thread where we had to put ideas like this instead of separate threads. Sorry about that. ^^; But thank you for the advice. As far as being able to understand Pokemon, I think I'll decide which of the two to drop. I think I'll work on tweaking it to make...
  11. T

So, years ago, I had an idea for a journey fic. It never got off the ground, 'cause I ended up working on another fic, but now I've decided to finally go for it. It's going to be fairly different from what I originally planned, though, but I think it's for the best. So, the premise involves a...
  12. T

You know what it is

Can it be? Are the legends true? ... Ahem, that bit of self-aggrandizement strange noise aside, hi. It's been a few years since I was last here. I've been doing stuff, growing, not growing, among other things. But now, it appears I caught the Pokemon bug again, or something. ^^ Not sure how...
  13. T

Constructive criticism v. flaming

Perhaps it might help if we were to also post some guidelines to point out the differences between constructive criticism and flaming? It might give folks a better idea of what to write when they're reviewing someone's work.
  14. T

Spring Awards 2012 are about to begin!

Well, I hope you guys manage to have some fun, because you're all phenomenal writers! ^^ Unfortunately, I'll have to sit this one, and most likely the next one, out due to focusing on a few things on my future. I wish I had time to fit writing fanfics back into my schedule again, but sadly...
  15. T

Themes in your writing

Well, themes in my writing? Hmm... Well, for my fic, at least, there are themes that are sort of meta, like whether or not the protagonist or antagonist can be believed on certain, or any, pieces of information they present to the reader. Some others would be the creation of false constructs in...
  16. T

What does your name mean?

Well, in Hindi, my name means "ray of light." When I found that out, I felt my self-confidence surge.
  17. T

Well, just got an idea for a fic I may or may not write in the future. What would you guys think of a...gangster Pokemon fanfic? It would be sort of like "A Pokemon Journey- The Projects Edition". So, basically, it'd be a kid's Pokemon journey, but blended with a lot of street life. Does it...
  18. T

Pick a side!

Ah, the picking sides deal... Personally, I think ambiguity is one of the most amazing tricks in the book, even if it's one of the oldest. For me, however, it takes a lot to get me to root for the villain. In the Assassin's Creed series, for example, when dealing with the...
  19. T

...Motherfucker... *Sobs in corner of woe*
  20. T

THEN I'LL...become the second Champion...maybe...hopefully...
Back
Top Bottom