Search results for query: *

• Users: Phoenicks
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. P

Censorship -- is it always unacceptable?

Every so often, as I sit comfortably in a country without threat of being arrested for seditious opinion, I wonder if censorship is all that bad. This community has sadly produced evidence before that words hurt. There's comfort in Beatty's words (Fahrenheit 451): "We stand against the small...
  2. P

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone, Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all...
  3. P

Hoenn Remake Wishlist

What do you want in the new remakes? Any requests or hopes for these remakes (no matter how outlandish)? (I'd like Mega Metagross. Megagross.)
  4. P

Version Differences Thread

Will OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire be remakes of Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald? Emerald combined the Aqua/Magma plots more than Platinum or Crystal for their versions. HGSS turned out to be Crystal remakes -- keeping the Suicune plot. So what will the version differences be? (For starters...
  5. P

Brunei (The Country) Implements Sharia Law

Brunei adopts Sharia law despite international criticism — RT News
  6. P

Government Surveillance Includes Libel and Slander

How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations Here's coverage of the documents Edward Snowed leaked: And some of the slides themselves: (The countries listed at the bottom are: The US, Australia, Canada, Britain, and New Zealand.)
  7. P

The Abortion Trial of Kermit Goswell

This topic is about the Abortion Trial itself and not the social or political issues of Abortion. This is meant only as a news story. If you can't separate those issues, please post instead in Nicoleta's Bus. I could only find two noteworthy news pieces on this topic. The lack of coverage of...
  8. P

Werewolf -- Endgame, Town Victory -- 5/8/13

Welcome to Werewolf – Poor Man’s Mafia. "Be careful of the curse that falls on young lovers Starts so soft and sweet and turns them to hunters A man who's pure of heart and says his prayers by night May still become a wolf when the autumn moon is bright" -- "Howl" by Florence and the...
  9. P

Mafia Fire and Ice Mafia --Fire Mafia won! (2/26/13)

Welcome to Fire and Ice Mafia, a play on a mafia game with two mafia factions that uses Pokemon roles. Hosted by Paperhorse and Phoenicks *image from ~Chrisftwz on DeviantArt Mechanics: *There will be: - 2 Fire Mafia Goons (Factional Nightkill A) - 2 Ice Mafia Goons (Factional Nightkill...
  10. P

Mafia Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

Hosted by Phoenicks; and Light Bringer; WitchHunt is a different strand of mafia from the one usually played on Bulba. In brief: There is no Outside Communication (PMs, Quicktopics, IMs). Do not PM. This is an Open-Role game (Look...
  11. P

Rabbit Doubt II -- WOLVES WIN

Welcome to Rabbit Doubt. You and a group of peers ('rabbits') have been infiltrated by a group of liars ('wolves'). The wolves are slowly killing off the band of rabbits, and they must be caught before every rabbit is eliminated. This game is from a manga of the same name. Rules: 1. Votes...
  12. P

Rabbit Doubt -- WOLVES WIN -- 7/11/11

Welcome to Rabbit Doubt. You and a group of peers ('rabbits') have been infiltrated by a group of liars ('wolves'). The wolves are slowly killing off the band of rabbits, and they must be caught before every last rabbit is eliminated. This game is from an anime of the same name. (If anybody is...
  13. P

Mafia Deserted Island Mafia: Game Over: Villagers Victory; Uncertain Ending

Players: 1. Shiny Celebi -- Game Winner; INDEPENDENT 2. Holo-Chan -- Seeking Replacement MAFIA 3. Turtwig's A-B-Cs -- Game Winner 4. Ghost -- Seeking Replacement 5. Ryuutakeshi --> Unfunnius --> Ryuutakeshi -- Killed on Day 6 MAFIA 6. Iteru -- Killed on Night 3 7. lizzxxk -- Killed on...
  14. P

Mafia Island Mafia: Discussion and Sign-Up

I'm heading one of the next mafia games, and for space's sake I'd like all sign-ups to occur in here. When my game starts, things can start immediately in the new thread to be posted instead of being cluttered with confirmations and waiting. In an attempt to improve the experience of the...
  15. P

Massachusetts Special Senate Seat Election

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704541004575011151581624616.html?mod=WSJ_hps_MIDDLESecondNews In short, the election to fill the Senate Seat in Massachusetts is heating up. Republican Scott Brown is pulling ahead of Democrat Martha Coakley in the polls, but within the margin of...
  16. P

Google is Threatening Chinese Pull-out

Google Warns of China Exit Over Hacking Google is threatening to pull out of China over the censorship issue and disputed hackings that may be from China's government.
  17. P

Mother and Child Revived on Christmas Eve - Pronounced Miracle

http://www.tonic.com/article/dead-mom-baby-revived-christmas-eve-miracle/ Long story short: Pregnant woman died in labor, had C-section without painkillers, baby found dead, then baby revived and mother shortly revived thereafter. Proclaimed miracle.
  18. P

Parker Griffith Becomes Republican

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1209/30914.html Thoughts on the matter? It's certainly different from the Arlen Spector switch in my opinion. Reps. Bobby Bright (Ala.), Walt Minnick (Idaho) and Gene Taylor (Miss.) were the other 3 representatives to vote against the 4 big liberal...
  19. P

New York Congressional Election Battle

Republican Scozzafava Suspends New York Congressional Campaign This is earth-shattering news people in terms of political parties. The conservative, independant candidate successfully beat the Republican-approved candidate. Everything could change now. I'm not going to get crazy and say new...
  20. P

Um...Hi? I guess I say hi here, so... HEY WORLD!

I can't find the introduction forum if there is one, so I guess I say hi here. To all you random people who don't know me and won't read this post, I'm new to the world of Bulbapedia and forum posting, and so I have no idea what I'm doing. I love games and anything fun, I have a dog, I'm a...
Back
Top Bottom