Search results for query: *

1. Serpentsounds

Recent Gaming Purchases

I picked up Key's most recent visual/kinetic novel, Harmonia, and a short, story-driven horror RPG, Mad Father, both on Steam. I've already completed Mad Father, as it only takes around 4 hours for a full clear. It was fun and interesting enough for a measly $5, and the heroine was adorable. I...
  2. Serpentsounds

So, who likes you?

Pretty much everyone I meet. I'm operating under the assumption that if you smile at me or are even remotely polite, then you're clearly trying to tell me something. Strangely enough, though, everyone's been doing this thing where they play dumb and pretend otherwise when I push the matter. Is...
  3. Serpentsounds

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I wouldn't buy into that. Abilities are always referred to in Japanese as 特性, while these moves are referred to as 得意技 (lit. "signature move").
  4. Serpentsounds

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

The CoroCoro page says サン限定進化, literally "Evolution limited to Sun," so I think it's a safe bet that they're version exclusives. :P
  5. Serpentsounds

Explain Your Usertitle

ケロケロ = ribbit. It's the sound of that a frog makes, in honor of my favorite frog:
  6. Serpentsounds

I just simply CAN'T win battles agaisn't other players

Some of the sentiments I see here are a bit puzzling. I'm assuming if you're entering a battle in the first place, your ultimate objective is to win (unless you get your kicks from seeing your Pokemon faint). Is it not then fair for whomever you're playing against to have the same objective? If...
  7. Serpentsounds

Anime Rate the Anime Ending Above You

I actually had to look up the group for this one, because I had never heard of them. It's by MAY'S, and while they it looks like they do quite the amount of TV themes, they appear to be all for dramas or variety shows. This is the only reference to an anime contribution I can find by them...
  8. Serpentsounds

Obsolete: Rate the Anime Opening above you.

Yep, that is the same vocalist from the band that did the first openings for Psycho-Pass 1 and 2.
  9. Serpentsounds

Whiskey and Cigars, Coffee and Cigarettes - The Offical Vice thread.

With the stipulation of legality, this post might end up being much shorter than it was in my head... ;) I don't drink as often as I used to, because I find I'm generally less stressed (but somehow more busy) these days. I'll still enjoy it from time to time though. If I'm at a party or bar...
  10. Serpentsounds

Obsolete: Rate the Anime Opening above you.

I love the sequence for the Steins;Gate opening. It feels very lonely, as the characters are mostly shown by themselves. In the shots where they are together, they're always focused elsewhere, as if they don't even notice each other. I think it's fitting, because I can only imagine how Okabe...
  11. Serpentsounds

Mirror World Versions of yourself.

He'd be ambitious and confident, but incompetent and self-serving, perhaps because of a lack of introspection. He'd probably still get by. At least he'd still be good looking. ;)
  12. Serpentsounds

Would you consider yourself a happy person?

I think a general feeling of happiness can be closely tied to self-esteem. Because of that, I find that the older I get, the easier it is for me to feel content. As I've gained more world perspectives and learned how to deal with new challenges, I think I've become overall more mentally...
  13. Serpentsounds

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

I've begun watching the Kara no Kyoukai series of movies, and finished the very first one last night. First and foremost, the production value was spectacular. The art, animation, and sound were all something to behold. The backgrounds were truly awesome. The Type-Moon character designs were...
  14. Serpentsounds

Trailers and News Discussion

Friendly reminder that this thread is for discussion of opinions, not discussion of how we state our opinions. :p Ideally, we'd like to keep the ideas flowing here, and keep the personal stuff to (civil) private message with another user or moderator.
  15. Serpentsounds

Anime Current Anime Season Discussion

Well, we're past the halfway point now. For the most part, there haven't been many changes or surprises for me in how I'm feeling about what I'm following. Here's what I'm thinking so far (last episode seen in parentheses): Rewrite (9): Ok, I tried, I really did...but this doesn't make any...
  16. Serpentsounds

New forum style now live; More to come (Evie's Den (Houndoom) style now live!)

Ah! That makes me feel a bit silly. For whatever reason that wasn't obvious to me. In any case, that solves my only major gripe. It's looking great now!
  17. Serpentsounds

New forum style now live; More to come (Evie's Den (Houndoom) style now live!)

I like the large avatar sizes, but the width of the post boxes doesn't stretch to fill the page. As a result, paragraphs get scrunched up and harder to read. It looks nice on mobile though.
  18. Serpentsounds

Music What song are you currently listening to?

cherry my... by Stereopony. This live performance kinda sucks, and it transitions into another song at around 3 minutes...but it was all I could find. The album version is a lot more lively and polished, I swear. :p I've been listening to the album (OVER THE BORDER) on repeat all week. I've...
  19. Serpentsounds

Recent Gaming Purchases

@Hauntales I had fun with it for the weekend, and I haven't touched it since. There's just not enough to do in the game. There's a lot of procedurally generated variety, sure, but it's entirely superficial. The significance of these objects to the game mechanics and your interactions with them...
  20. Serpentsounds

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

I finished up Shirobako! I was rather impressed with it. Through all the stress and antics, it managed to keep it real. I was able to connect much more with the workplace setting than with some other anime I've watched recently. I also really appreciated how much went into making even the...
Back
Top Bottom