Search results for query: *

1. MizuTaipu

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

The Marumine/Electrode episode towards the end of the Orange Islands saga having a similar Western aesthetic only makes this episode stand out even less.
  2. MizuTaipu

I just wanted to praise how exemplary your translation is Dogasu, considering you pretty much translated the entire episode due to 4Kids. If TCPI ever decides to do official subs for Kanto we know who to turn to.
  3. MizuTaipu

Favorite episode of Pokémon indigo league/orange island?

For Kanto, I’ve always liked the St. Anne three-parter. The show nowadays needs to be more adventurous and cliffhanger-y like Kanto was. For the Orange Islands my favorite was “The Mystery of the Disappeared Pokémon”/ “Pikachu Re-Volts”. It’s probably the most well written filler of the OI...
  4. MizuTaipu

Happy anniversary Dogasu. I appreciate all the work you put Into the site this year, especially all the translation work for Porygon Shock week. That release rotation for comparisons sounds like a good idea to me.
  5. MizuTaipu

Thank you so much for your hard efforts translating that book! Having a rare quote from Satoshi Taijiri translated is a neat treat. I guess he was more open to interviews back in the early days. I found it heartwarming that even some of the hospitalized children sent letters of encouragement...
  6. MizuTaipu

Great comparisons as always, Dogasu. Seeing Mizayaki credited as the show’s sole composer in the dub’s opening still irks me. It’s been an issue since DuArt took control of dubbing so it’s not a translator oversight.
  7. MizuTaipu

That short piano piece that played when Musashi was dramatizing over her cut hair hasn't been released before.
  8. MizuTaipu

What are your favorite Kanto landmarks?

The Celadon Game corner back in the day was a lot of fun. As for dungeons, my favorite was the Seafoam Islands. The Strength rock puzzle was a fun challenge for me as a kid compared to the interchangeable Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel.
  9. MizuTaipu

When do you think Pokemon is going to do eastern europe (outside of russia)?

Greece is the only eastern European country I can see GF doing.
  10. MizuTaipu

What was the first pokémon you ever caught?

I believe it was a Hoothoot in Gold.
  11. MizuTaipu

I've always thought that 4Kids punching up the everyone's dialogue more and more over the course of their run with the anime was a response to the show airing on Kids WB!. Like, they decided that the dub's comedy writing has to be on par with the rest of the shows on the airing block so they...
  12. MizuTaipu

Yeah, Dan's pedophilic flirting towards Kasumi is always uncomfortable to watch, same with the doctor from Kanto's hospital episode. I'm glad the anime writers have moved away from dialogue like that. I guess the "under that girl's skirt" lyric from Aim to be a Pokémon Master is a remnant from...
  13. MizuTaipu

I had a lot of fun memories listening to that Radio Show every week back in 2012 (even if I couldn't understand much) so I'm really grateful that you're continuing these write-ups. It's pretty valuable since a lot of the non-regular voice actors never really got interviewed about solely their...
  14. MizuTaipu

Which Ash Pokémon do you feel were poorly treated each series?

Best Wishes probably because he had too many on rotation
  15. MizuTaipu

I have a feeling the confetti flying around Rougela in her scenes (and her small, inconsequential appearance in this episode) made it too much of a burden for the animators to recolor her.
  16. MizuTaipu

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

I'm not a fan of how segmented its arms are, but Drapion is nice. Falinks
  17. MizuTaipu

Your "too old for Pokemon" phase

I don't think I had that kind of phase. I had a pretty good friend group in middle school and high school where every one of us was a big fan of a property that had a "it's just for kids" air to it. Pokémon was mine. Even if my other friends weren't a fan of Pokémon they didn't judge or mock me...
  18. MizuTaipu

LGBTQ+ representation in the Pokemon anime

Yeah, definitely not anything explicit in the show.
  19. MizuTaipu

Does Journeys Still Replace The Music A Lot? And on another note, is the new dialogue more accurate?

I'd say relatively the same as before. James Carter Cathcart is still the ADR scriptwriter and the voice of both James and Meowth so that gives him carte blanche to have the trio say what he thinks is funny since he thinks their Japanese dialogue isn't funny at all or something. :rolleyes: He...
  20. MizuTaipu

Contest Smeargle vs. Stantler

Stantler. I'm not a fan of Sketch as a move.
Back
Top Bottom