Search results for query: *

• Users: Big Lutz
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Big Lutz

Russian forces entrer Ukraine for Humanitarian Aid: Aid trucks mostly empty

This is a fast breaking story so I figured I would go on and make a thread. Russian forces entered Ukraine last night and were attacked by Ukrainian forces in response. Ukraine says destroys Russian armour as NATO slams 'incursion' - Yahoo News Meanwhile the BBC got a look inside the aid...
  2. Big Lutz

Coup in Iraq: Maliki vs the State in Baghdad

Events are moving fast and traditional cable news seems to be slow to catch up ( I am looking at you CNN as you air a Manson Documentary ). So far Maliki is remaining firm, and what is left of his loyal forces are roaming around Baghdad. The U.S. is now against Maliki and for his would be...
  3. Big Lutz

PFC. Bowe Bergdahl Controversy ( POW, Deserter, Traitor? )

Figured I would start a topic based on the brewing controversy over Bergdahl and his release from the Taliban. The Facts PFC. Bowe Bergdahl was captured in 2009, held in captivity by the Taliban for 5 years as a POW. He was recently released in exchange for the release of 5 high ranking...
  4. Big Lutz

Fred Phelps on the edge of death

Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps Sr. “on the edge of death,” son says - CBS News Don't really have anything witty to say, except there will only be one chance to picket this man's funeral, it better be epic.
  5. Big Lutz

Crisis in Ukraine (Pro-Russian uprisings in Ukraine, tensions mount)

Early this morning it looked like a peace deal, and now by this evening it looks like a coup or a civil war could be happening. Over the past few days the protestors have been attacked by roving biker gangs that storm from house to house attacking those that think are supporting the protestors...
  6. Big Lutz

Canadian al Qaeda terrorist plot in Quebec busted

The timing with this and the Boston Marathon is a eyebrow raiser, but I would think after the Boston attacks, the Canadian police figured it was time to finally go in and get the group they had been monitoring. Alleged terror plot thwarted by arrests in Ontario, Quebec - Politics - CBC News...
  7. Big Lutz

Explosions at Boston Marathon ( Possible Terror Attack )

Two explosions have apparently rocked the Boston Marathon near the finish line. Pictures coming in through Twitter shows massive amounts of gore and blood along the ground. The reason that I label this a possible terror attack, is the double explosions is a typical terror tactic, where the first...
  8. Big Lutz

Cyprus, Banks, and the EU

So until last week I had no idea that Cyprus was a country, and then word came that the EU was granting them a bailout on their debt. It just had one tiny stipulation, that a tax of 6.75 per cent on deposits of up to €100,000, and a tax of 9.9 per cent above that threshold on banks. What...
  9. Big Lutz

AP: Hugo Chavez is Dead

Lets try to keep this from getting too political. News from The Associated Press He did alot for the poor in his country that will always be his lasting legacy, but he also supported some pretty evil regimes. Either way the end of his presidency did not come from the ballot box but from...
  10. Big Lutz

North Korea conducts another nuke test

North Korea appears to conduct 3rd nuclear test, officials and experts say - CNN.com Looks like Kim Jong Un is showing he is just as military minded as his father.
  11. Big Lutz

Egypt on the verge of collapsing... again.

Official warns of Egypt's collapse as protesters defy curfew order - CNN.com We could be seeing Egypt enter a state where the country is split up in multiple directions, or worse engage in almost tribal like anarchy with no overall powerful government, and more of areas govern by tribes like...
  12. Big Lutz

Can a state/area have too many teams for one sport?

This has been something that has been bugging me for a long time, and it is that some states in the U.S. have a glut of sports teams while others have few if not none at all. For example lets look at the NBA in California. Los Angeles Lakers Los Angeles Clippers Golden State Warriors Sacramento...
  13. Big Lutz

Nanotech Yarn behaves like Super Human Muscle

Wax-filled Nanotech Yarn Behaves Like Powerful, Super-strong Muscle - UT Dallas News Imagine, 20 or 30 years from now, having your muscles replaced with yarn that could allow you to lift 200 times more than what you could normally. Plus, this stuff seems perfect to make Spider Man like webbing...
  14. Big Lutz

Bulgarian opposition leader nearly assassinated on live TV

Ahmed Dogan: Heart stopping moment man pulls a gun on Bulgarian opposition leader as he makes speech live on TV | Mail Online I would suggest reading the whole story, and you gotta applaud the people that rushed the stage to protect the politician while the would be assassin was wrestled to...
  15. Big Lutz

Syrian Houla Massacre

Originally I was thinking of putting it in the campaign bus, but realistically this is much more of a worldly topic than a political one. Or atleast I hope it stays that way, anyway almost everyone knows about the Syrian Massacre, and if not this should give you a pretty good idea of what...
  16. Big Lutz

BigLutz's 3D Portfolio

Alright this is from my personal portfolio and website, that I am preparing for when I graduate.. again and looking for a job inside the Game Industry. Basically these are considered props, ala weapons and things the character in a game would have. All have been smoothed meaning they have a...
  17. Big Lutz

Muammar Gaddafi finally captured, later dies

This is coming in from multiple sources including AP, Reuters, The Guardian, and Al-Jazeera, as well as Libyan Government officials. Muammar Gaddafi was captured much like Saddam, in a hole and calling out "Don't Shoot, Don't Shoot". Apparently he was wounded in both legs and Al-Jazeera says he...
  18. Big Lutz

Possible Iran terror attack against Saudi Arabia abassador foiled

U.S. Says Iran-Tied Terror Plot in Washington, D.C. Disrupted - ABC News If true, would that not be an act of war? We’re presently using drones in Pakistan and Yemen against al-Qaeda terrorist networks for plotting similar attacks, thanks to the AUMF from October 2001, even though we’re...
  19. Big Lutz

Pool Snow

At the beginning of one of the worst Texas' snow falls in the last few decades. I ran out with my camera in the middle of the night and took a picture of the waterfall and pool area of my apartment with a very long shutter speed.
  20. Big Lutz

General McChrystal fired by President Obama

So this broke last night on the political blogs, Rolling Stone did a interview with General Stanley McChrystal, the man essentially in charge with running Afghanistan. The result was a scathing interview of the Obama Administration from the top down, and he wasn't alone, his aides were also...
Back
Top Bottom