• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. S

Anime Worst anime you've ever seen?

Ironically, I liked Sonic X and didn't have a problem with Chris' character until season 2. His presence felt forced and unnecessary. Not sure about season 3 as I've never seen it. Let's see, anime series I would consider the worst... Super Street Fighter IV Kanon (the original series. I...
  2. S

Anime The Japanese Culture Thread

I can't say much for mixed baths, as I've never done one, but I'll try to be helpful here. I think with mixed onsen, they can remain wearing towels....but I could be wrong in this regard. Some onsen do have certain rules you must follow, like for instance, before entering the water, you must...
  3. S

Anime Favorite season of Digimon?

I heard that Tamers (unlike the previous two series) had a decent dub. Not sure about it, though. Ironically, a bit into Adventure 02, turned me off from dubbed shows. The damage had been done in my view, even if the last few eps of Adventure 02 was done okay since Nimoy wasn't a writer for...
  4. S

Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

The perfect time to have written him out probably would've been Johto, but Pikachu is just too popular and Pikachu and Sato are like two peas in a pod and in a way, you can't really associate one without the other at this point. I don't think he'll ever be written out.
  5. S

Anime Favorite season of Digimon?

I've been meaning to answer this for a while now. I've only seen Adventure ~ Savers. I never got into the XRos series. By that time, I'd lost interest. Anyway, I would have to say my favorite series was Tamers Tamers was interesting. It was also a bit dark. I mean, an 11-year-old girl...
  6. S

Anime Old anime series (pre-90s)

I know. I was born in Showa 56. I need to know this since for government documents, they still use this format. They also use it for graduation years. Oh, and we're currently in the Heisei era.
  7. S

Anime Old anime series (pre-90s)

I'm totally dating myself here. Funny how you said shows made before most of us were born. I'm a kid of the 80s so some "pre-90s" shows I've seen originally. There are some I didn't see until later though. Ironically, one of my all-time favorite Japanese anime series is Yoroiden Samurai...
  8. S

Re: Japan Dos and Don'ts I'm going to assume this is true. Most people here carry business cards to trade, and thus, most have business card holders not only to hold their own cards, but to be able to take others.
  9. S

*Tag* You're it V2 (Begone Foul Spirit! Plague this thread no longer!!)

Re: *Tag* You're it V2 Shouldn't it be, "how is life" as opposed to "how was life", seeing as how I'm still living here? ^^ Anywho, life's fine I guess. My Japanese still sucks big time, though. lol I like the foods and the people for the most part, but I will admit that my first time...
  10. S

Anime Is there any anime that you dislike?

Just thought I'd point out that we should probably stay away from the Pokemon vs Digimon stuff saying one is a rip off of the other or whatever to avoid a flame-war. I still had a big problem with Himeno's stepsisters' roles, though....but, as I said, I did read the manga so my view is a bit...
  11. S

Well, what's polite in one person's culture maybe rude in another. I was actually scolded for something I was doing that was considered "rude" when back home, it wouldn't be, but never mind that for now. Only thing I can think of as far as chopsticks go is to not point with them. If you're...
  12. S

Anime Is there any anime that you dislike?

You know, I've seen this, and even though Koopa was voiced by a lady...it kinda worked in a weird way...sorta....maybe. I dunno. lol Anyway, one thing I did like about this bizarre movie was Luigi. I love the fact how he didn't give a crap about Peach, until he found out money would be...
  13. S

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

It's been forever since I've watched anything considered remotely "new" or anime at all, but the last thing I watched was... Ep 9 of Naruto SD Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden. This series is stupid funny.
  14. S

Bulbagarden Idol 3.0- Overall Winner Announced!

Re: Bulbagarden Idol 3.0 (Round 5) My god...um...I'll try Indestructible since that's the only song I actually know in some way or form. >< What's weird, I didn't even get an alert showing this thread was even up. ><
  15. S

Bulbagarden Idol 3.0 (Round 4)

I'm still too busy this week to do much of anything, since I'm still preparing for my Tokyo trip next week and been busy with regular work too since this is the last week before the language school closes (so meetings and things like that)...so I still won't be able to submit anything for this...
  16. S

Bulbagarden Idol 3.0 (Round 4)

Sorry Claire, I thought I mentioned that this week, I wouldn't be able to do it, but should be fine for the next one.
  17. S

Re: Japan Dos and Don'ts
  18. S

Maybe the name was just popular.
  19. S

Re: Japan Dos and Don'ts Well, I sorta was thinking of situations at the time where it's not fully necessary, like maybe if you're having a meal at home with family or if in an informal setting....but for Japan, both informal and formal, seems you're supposed to wait until everyone's dishes have...
  20. S

Bulbagarden Idol 3.0 (Round 3)- Winner Announced!

Re: Bulbagarden Idol 3.0 (Round 3) All Star by Smash Mouth. The ending is difficult to do. ^^ Edit: Changed my mind. I decided to do animal by Three Days Grace.
Back
Top Bottom