Search results for query: *

• Users: Somari
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. S

Have the manga been becoming translated less lately?

I haven't heard of Chuang Yi since G4 and Viz Kids hasn't been releasing much other than Special and movie adaptations. I can think of at least five manga released in volumes and three that have not released this previous generation. Back during the Kanto-Johto days a few Pokemon manga...
  2. S

How about the female hero being a lead again?

In Kanto through Johto Ash was traveling with Misty and Brock, two gym leaders. The next two regions had Ash being with Brock and the female protagonist for the gens first game. With Best Wishes Hilda did not pop up, instead Ash traveled with two gym leaders again. I've heard people say that, as...
  3. S

PETA made a parody of Pokemon BW2.

I couldn't find a thread about this. Pokemon Black and Blue: Gotta Free 'Em All It has Ash in it for some reason but other than that it's a pretty through game-verse parody. It's ridden with BW2 spoilers.. I can't see this lasting long without repressions from Nintendo's part.
  4. S

Do you prefer Ash's original hat over these?

I found this concept art that I've never seen before. If it's what I've heard it to be, it's several proclaimed designs for Satoshi's hat. Looking at them... Eh, I think I actually like Red's hat. He looks pretty cute with that on. Maybe the change was to individualize them more?
  5. S

What are the details on Kurusu and Honoguma?

I've always been a bit confused about them. We know they have official artwork but there's little else on them. From what I've heard it seems like they were put into an early version of the game, sprites and all. It seems a bit unusual for Game Freak to get this far along with the starters...
  6. S

How censored are the other Pokemon manga Viz has published?

There's been controversy over Viz's dealing with Pokemon Special, especially the newer versions, and EToP. But what about the other manga they've published like DPA or MPJ?
  7. S

Which games are canon?

It's typically considered that the canon games are undoubtedly: Blue, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. Third games are the canon games, though some may argue Yellow is canon (I doubt it myself). But what about the other installments? What about the spinoffs? Heartgold or Soulsilver? Firered or...
  8. S

Do you think Red caught any legendaries in canon?

You can still catch the legendaries in the sequel, all but Mewtwo in the original GSC games. Did he catch Mewtwo then? What about the others? Did he catch then release them?
  9. S

What do you suppose proto-Kris look like?

The only image I know of her is incredibly blurry and I seriously doubt they made any artwork for her. If they do have any sketches it's probably locked away somewhere, where no fan will ever see it (or maybe just deleted). It looks like she was wearing pigtails and she doesn't seem to have a...
  10. S

What do you think when the anime skips over characters from the game?

The anime has skipped over tons of characters, both major and minor. Some are important to the game storyline, some are extras. The anime creates its own storyline separate from the game, but somewhat parallel, so it doesn't seem like there are gaps due to missing components.
  11. S

How would the anime be different if certain characters had their game personalities?

The Pokemon anime rarely keeps personalities intact. Some might be similar to the game ones, but they're still different. For example.. Cilan, he's extremely shy and nervous in the games. Bianca also isn't fem-Barry in the games, and isn't a hyperactive fuzz ball like in the anime. I...
  12. S

For the remakes, which is the canon game?

When it comes to the games, most people decide the third game is the canon game. Crystal, Emerald, Platinum.. But what about the remakes? There is no one game that combines both remakes and adds new material, making a canon. Maybe it goes FR - HG, LG - SS? So that creates two parallel...
  13. S

Where are the Trading Card games taken place in?

Is it the Pokeworld, or is it supposed to be a world more similar to the 'real world'? If I've heard right (I haven't been able to buy either game yet), there are no wild Pokemon in the game.
  14. S

Is Akari from Pokewake meant to be a transsexual?

I doubt most people have read the manga, but whatever. Akari from the "Akari and Pikachu's Birthday" chapter. I'm knowledgeable about transgendered issues, but this stumps me a bit. He identifies as male, but its unclear if he thinks that girls can't be good Pokemon trainers so he wants...
  15. S

Would you like to see more manga that explore different aspects of the series?

It seems like most adaptations follow the same basic story. Boy has a Pokemon, he fights stuff, enter action-shonen-stuff here. Added bonus if its a direct adaptation of the games. When the series was still young, the manga had somewhat more variety. Pokewake, Magical Journey, the...
  16. S

When does this game take place in the timeline?

I'd put my bet at 2 - 4 years after Platinum.
  17. S

Which gym leader is the most forgettable?

Why exactly? For me it's either Janine, Chuck, Brawly, Drayden, or Clay. I'm not sure honestly but here's the closest I can think of. Drayden seems too boring for me, and his design is put offish. There's nothing that special about Clay. Koga blocks Janine out of my mind, and I...
  18. S

How old are Jessie and James supposed to be?

I noticed the Wiki has them listed as 15, as of 2000. I've never seen that movie in Japanese though, so I can't verify that myself. They don't seem like teenagers though. They look older than Brock, who is fifteen, and act like immature adults. Their backstories don't seem to match them...
  19. S

Is May a flat character to you?

The adaptations flesh her out differently. In the games, she's pretty.. Generic. I usually play as May, as I see her as the canon Hoenn protagonist and because I prefer Brendan in his NPC role. I've played as Brendan a few times, and May comes off as weird. Brendan has character...
  20. S

Where are these scans from, if they're licensed?

It seems like the 4koma are from the same manga, the first Pokemon manga (the 4koma). The art styles are different; some looking like the games and others not (some even had Red with brown hair). A few of the ones I found seem a little.. Odd for Pokemon. Then again they let Pocket Monsters and...
Back
Top Bottom