Search results for query: *

1. GiratinasEmbodiment

The Most Gratuitous Fantasy in Pokémon History

One day, the world of Pokémon is going to come to an end. It's not going to happen any time soon. Alpha knows the Pokémon Company isn't showing any signs of slowing down. I suspect that I'm not the only one who dearly hopes that it won't happen until Trainers like me - who were born into this...
  2. GiratinasEmbodiment

Type-Matchup Association Thread

Some other associations regarding type matchups that I have heard others' confusion over. Fighting moves > Normal Pokémon: the Normal type is largely rooted in mundanity, whereas the Fighting type is based in martial arts, which require skill. Put your average Joe - even a really beefy Joe - in...
  3. GiratinasEmbodiment

Type-Matchup Association Thread

Not gone yet, don't know how much longer I'll be around, might as well have a little more fun before I go. The type-matchup chart is one of the most crucial parts of the Pokémon franchise. And for some matchups, the association is obvious. Fire-type moves are super-effective against Grass-type...
  4. GiratinasEmbodiment

Global Trading Sequence: Offer the Pokémon Wanted By the User Above You

True enough, but the level range did come across as a bit prick-ish. Evolution-capable legendary Pokémon are admittedly difficult to rank, but offering a Lv. 75 and asking for a Lv. 5-10 does kind of have the same weight as offering a Lv. 5 and asking for a Lv. 70+. Snivy was a sound request...
  5. GiratinasEmbodiment

I... I honestly have no idea whether to file that under "being a prick" or not. It feels discriminatory to say "you can't offer a Lv. 25- common Pokémon for a Lv. 75+ legendary but you can offer a Lv. 75+ legendary for a Lv. 25- common Pokémon". The entire point of this is to make a CHAIN of...
  6. GiratinasEmbodiment

Typhlosion Lv. 59 Nickname: Infernatus Ability: Flash Fire Held item: Charcoal Wanted: Kubfu Lv. 40+
  7. GiratinasEmbodiment

Your POSITIVE Opinions

One more point of mine, just because this only really hit me in the last week or so. 7. The best part of the Pokémon games is the fact that no two journeys are identical. I'm not just talking about different journeys through different regions. I've played through every region at least twice...
  8. GiratinasEmbodiment

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl giveaway

My favourite Pokémon from Generation IV is Manaphy. The Princess of the Sea holds a very special place in my heart. The fact that she was originally raised from an Egg transferred by the Rangers gives her a meaningfulness that other Legendary and Mythical Pokémon lack. I have longed for another...
  9. GiratinasEmbodiment

Cosmog* Lv. 93 Nickname: Lifelight Ability: Unaware Held item: Master Ball Wanted: Poipole Lv. 60+
  10. GiratinasEmbodiment

Word Association

Granted
  11. GiratinasEmbodiment

Your worst Shiny fail?

The first Shiny Pokémon I ever encountered was on my third or fourth playthrough of Pokémon Pearl Version. I knew about Shiny Pokémon - in the sense that I was aware of the phenomenon and I knew it was a rare occurence - but I grotesquely overestimated how valuable they were. In my modern...
  12. GiratinasEmbodiment

Word Association

Darkness
  13. GiratinasEmbodiment

Help! I can’t Cosplay!

No need to be snarky about it, Wyndon. The problem seems to be that you're looking for a pre-existing costume, which - while convenient at times - isn't strictly necessary for cosplay. A good approximation of the outfit worn by the character you want qualifies as cosplay. For instance, an...
  14. GiratinasEmbodiment

Your POSITIVE Opinions

The Adventures manga is definitely a good read, I won't deny that. But I was actually referring to the more broadly-applicable practice of watching a video playthrough of a game you can't play for yourself. If you see the events happening, you've gotten the opportunity to experience the story in...
  15. GiratinasEmbodiment

Your POSITIVE Opinions

Buying a new console for the purposes of playing a single game is an easily-regretted decision. I don't blame you for not being willing to do it. And what's more, a game can be enjoyed for its story without being played for oneself, if you have a means to witness the story second-hand. Let no...
  16. GiratinasEmbodiment

Ahem... Sorry to be blunt, but... the intention was to start a new chain after the request was for an unevolved Pokémon and could be satisfied by Lv. 10 or less. When the requirement is that low, disregard the Wanted Pokémon and just write up with the biggest battle-busting beast of a Pokémon...
  17. GiratinasEmbodiment

I should not be laughing at that as hard as I am. Rockruff (Female) Lv. 29 Nickname: Beastie Ability: Own Tempo Held item: Rare Candy Wanted: Goomy (either gender) Any Lv. ...You know what, I'm gonna say the unevolved form of a pseudo-legendary is common enough to end the chain. Next poster...
  18. GiratinasEmbodiment

Word Association

Joyful
  19. GiratinasEmbodiment

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Wrote a gameplay-idea-turned-fanfic based off of implementing Emerald elements into ORAS in a way that would avert my frustration over being unable to acquire Birch's alternative starter Pokémon until after the Delta Episode... only to discover afterwards (by sheer dumb luck) that receiving...
  20. GiratinasEmbodiment

Ah la vache, clearly I have a poor mind for what makes for an interesting game. The nature of the thread listing means that people have to be passing this by deliberately, which means it's just not of anyone's interest. I'm repositioning my Snorunt to bump the thread again, but if it goes...
Back
Top Bottom