Search results for query: *

1. C

Shall we try to reach a consensus on the Player Character names?

Elio/Selene as being Greek for Sun/Moon (Helios/Selene) sound perfect for me. Using purely the names of the video games struck me as not only silly, but also ambiguous. If I'm talking about Moon do I mean the game or the character?
  2. C

Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2014

Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2 ahahaha an RSEmake. I never thought I'd see the day. RSE was my least favorite generation, but provided they make at least two changes I'd probably enjoy a remake: I. not restricting it to the Hoenn Pokémon...
  3. C

Trainer Customization

You can find black tag clothes in pretty much every ship -- Lumiose just has more of them. But you shouldn't buy them unless you want them, because... Wrong. The dialogue will talk about how stylish your outfit is, but it is emphatically not about the outfit. As the picture of the guide...
  4. C

So, how is it?

Verdict: love it. It's the first game I can unambiguously say is my absolute favorite Pokémon game of all that wasn't a remake -- I loved FR and HG back in the day, and this is the first time a new gen has floored me. I've played and enjoyed them all, but this is on another level.
  5. C

Gen VI Global Trade Station Discussion

The GTS is wonderful. I was able to swap my fossil Pokémon like THAT (buyer's remorse! I wanted a dragon). Best of all, though, I was able to get my belovèd Dratini after just a few hours thanks to the GTS, since I'd have otherwise needed to wait fairly late into the game to get my favorite...
  6. C

Trainer Customization

I got the new hairstyles literally just by doing a recolor and a restyling... I'd done a few in the past, so maybe it's tied to doing a certain number of them. I'm not post E4, so that has nothing to do with it.
  7. C

Trainer Customization

....wait you can UNLOCK hair styles? How does on perform this magic? (edit: nevermind, figured it out. pretty simple). I must confess a decided preference for dressier clothes, as it seems to fit the milieu better. I wouldn't have minded a sporty look if our characters could look like Ace...
  8. C

Trainer Customization

You can set your profile image to look like a bunch of NPC trainers instead of your own trainer. I don't believe the Ace Trainer getup is actually purchaseable in-game.
  9. C

The Garden Grotto General Chat

Well, look who's back. Unfailingly, we return with each new game.
  10. C

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Weelllllllll this just has me thrilled. Not. I have no problem with a "girly" Pokémon being tough or anything of that nature, but I am rather miffed that the type is allegedly created just to counterbalance dragons. The GF quote said that nobody wanted to nerf dragons, but they sort of put...
  11. C

Worst starter?

Chimchar is the first Fire starter I absolutely refused to use. I always pick a fire starter! As a result, I had to go with the one that looked best, which was Piplup. A water type. I feel dirty.
  12. C

A Further RGBY Remake? *READ FIRST POST!*

I love Kanto, the original Pokemon, and the original gym leaders. I've probably played FRLG the most out of any of the Pokemon games (and only then because RBY is to painful to return to, mechanics-wise). Gen IV, I think, drastically changed everything about Pokemon with the long-awaited...
  13. C

Gen V Disapointment

My biggest disappointment was not seeing the old Pokemon until post-E4. The fully animated sprites are so gorgeous that they ought to have shown off more critters. When I first saw a trainer use Rapidash... wow.
  14. C

whats your favorite pokemon in the 5th gen.

Oh, I don't know. The dragons don't do anything for me this generation: they look terribly inelegant. The side-effect is that I have a much more diversified team now and watch in wonder as battling is a lot easier. :p Perhaps smugleaf, I guess. Or Swanna. Visually, anyway.
  15. C

Why did Archeops get its ability?

It's a frustrating ability. I keep forgetting that it's there, and I wonder why my second or third attacks are so horrifically weak. :p But Archeops is admittedly overpowered in terms of attack stats otherwise, at least compared to other fossil Pokemon.
  16. C

An Unlikely Heroine (starring Leaf) [PG-13] - Chapter Two finally posted! (1/8/11)

Re: An Unlikely Heroine (starring Leaf) [PG-13] - Chapter Two finally posted! (1/8/11 I. Yeah. I wanted to keep maximum fidelity to what I had before, so that makes things a bit odd in the beginning. This'll hopefully change as time goes on. II. I'm not sure how regular fourteen year-olds...
  17. C

An Unlikely Heroine (starring Leaf) [PG-13] - Chapter Two finally posted! (1/8/11)

Re: An Unlikely Heroine (starring Leaf) [PG-13] - Chapter Two finally posted! (1/8/11 Blaah: Yeah, when I decided to make them siblings, I realized the last name had to match. So if they both share "Leaf" as a last name, I could hardly keep referring to Leaf as "Leaf" in the narrative. So in...
  18. C

Re: An Unlikely Heroine (starring Leaf) [PG-13] - Chapter Two finally posted! (1/8/11 Yeah. I'm working on Chapter Three now. I keep having second thoughts about Red's role. I don't want to make him feel too sidekick-y, yet it's difficult to give him agency if the story's from Leaf's point of...
  19. C

Most adorable fully-evolved Pokemon?

Hm. Altaria, probably.
  20. C

Favourite Male Player Character

Red for certain. I refer to the original Red, not the goofy looking replacement we got in FRLG. Though since I never use him in FRLG, I suppose I don't really care (well, except insofar as he's now the "official" Red).
Back
Top Bottom