Search results for query: *

1. .vulpixie

Do you still play games from the older generations?

I tend to abandon a generation as the new one comes out. e.g. I've a copy of Yellow lying about somewhere (probably in my parents garage) that I don't think I've touched in seventeen years. The exception to that of course being remakes (although I skipped Fire Red and Leaf Green). I've been...
  2. .vulpixie

Was XY really that bad?

I loved X/Y. Although in hindsight I don't think I played it beyond the Elite 4. I don't like the story in any Pokémon game though (not why I play them!) so don't think I can say much there. :p I really loved the new Pokémon in X/Y. B/W had majorly disappointed me so it was a nice comeback and...
  3. .vulpixie

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

In 2010 I was using the Poké Radar to try and catch a Beldum in Platinum. I ran from anything that was the wrong shape and in the process I managed to run away from a shiny Hippowdon. -___-
  4. .vulpixie

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

I gave my Fletchling a stupidly cliché nickname: Tsubasa. :banghead: I always struggle with naming female Pokémon. When I caught her I was flicking through a fashion magazine so I just picked a model's name at random: Tsubasa Masuwaka. Only after entering the name did I realise link.
  5. .vulpixie

What will you get: Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

X I always go for the game with the cold colour box art rather than putting too much thought into it. It made Gen 5 a bit of a pain though. :rolleyes:
  6. .vulpixie

What do you do with your starter?

I keep them in my main party. I plan the rest of my team around the starter's typing. :)
  7. .vulpixie

Was the first Pokemon game you played your favorite?

My first Pokémon game was Yellow - it definitely isn't my favourite! Crystal is my favourite of the Gen 1-3 games. Of the DS games, my favourite is a tie between Platinum and SoulSilver.
  8. .vulpixie

Are you a Casual or Competitive Pokemon Player?

Casual. My only goal is to beat the gyms + Elite 4. :) And it takes me many months to do so, usually, because I only play the game for a little bit here and there rather than racing through it.
  9. .vulpixie

What is Your Game Pokemon Team

I'm playing SoulSilver. Currently in the process of training them all up to Lv 75 for the rematch against the Elite 4. Meganium - Lv 64 Solar Beam | Synthesis | Razor Leaf | Magical Leaf Ampharos - Lv 63 Power Gem | Discharge | Thunder | Signal Beam Ninetails - Lv 75 Payback |...
  10. .vulpixie

Stupidest nickname you ever gave to a Pokemon

I tend to use generic names or the names of real people. Although my Gyarados in SoulSilver is called Dominatrix - ironic, because she was a HM slave until I worked the HMs into my team's movesets.
  11. .vulpixie

The Shiny Encounters Thread

In 14 years of playing these games I've only ever come across one shiny (not including the Lake of Rage Gyarados) and it was a Hippowdon in Platinum about three years ago. Stupidly, I ran from it because I was only in that area trying to catch a different Pokémon and was running from battles as...
  12. .vulpixie

Your First Level 100 Pokemon

I don't think I've ever had one - and I've been playing since Gen I. :sweatlol: I know I got my Articuno in Yellow to at least lvl. 92 (although I've a feeling it was maybe higher - but it definitely didn't go over 98), but that's about it.
  13. .vulpixie

Was gen 4 really that bad?

Gen IV is my favourite. I'd taken a 4-5 year break from the franchise before picking up Diamond. I enjoyed the story and I liked the map after the mess that was Hoenn. It took me a while to warm up to the new Pokémon, but I ended up loving the starters and also two of my now favourite Pokémon...
  14. .vulpixie

Starter Discussion

Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation Fennekin. It took the Gen IV starters a while to grow on me and I still don't like the Gen V starters much, so for Fennekin to strike me straight away was a relief. :D I'm almost certain that this will be my choice, even without seeing it's evolutions. I'm...
  15. .vulpixie

Only for 3DS?

I don't really think of myself as a 'gamer' anymore. I continue to play Pokémon because I've always done so (I've been playing since '99); if I had been introduced to the franchise later I doubt I would have taken an interest. Even then I take a casual approach to the games - e.g. I'm still on...
  16. .vulpixie

Only for 3DS?

Would that be hard to believe? Pokémon is one of the three franchises I follow nowadays... and it's the only one I still play on a handheld console. Although, seeing as I've bought my 3DS specifically for Pokémon I decided to pick up a new game outside of my interests to try it out. I'm not...
  17. .vulpixie

Only for 3DS?

I bought a 3DS a year and a half ago but sold it after seven months. I bought another one after finding out that the new Pokémon games were being released on it. It doesn't bother me at all having to buy a new console (I even had the option of having six months interest free to pay it - that...
  18. .vulpixie

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Congrats!! :] Meant to be filming today. Instead I'm at home dosed up on painkillers and playing Pokémon. :rolleyes:
  19. .vulpixie

Aw, sorry hon. Didn't know that. :( I don't fully understand the significance right now (I'm far from sober and far from the US) but I realise this is kind of a big deal. :| (nah, s'ok, I get it)
  20. .vulpixie

What's up?
Back
Top Bottom