Search results for query: *

1. Poliwhirl42

Preview M20: I Choose You!

A response to the all the "Kanto-pandering" complaints: Unlike the games, which have peppered in more than enough Gen. I callbacks since X & Y's release, Pokeani fans have been anxiously waiting for a nod to the OS since Best Wishes. Despite all of XY's greatness, its one weakness I feel was a...
  2. Poliwhirl42

Rocketshipping General Discussion

It's been a few years since I've been active on this thread, but I'm SO excited to see what happens! I'm hoping we get a healthy dosage of Rocketshipping! That Kojiro crying shot has me intrigued...
  3. Poliwhirl42

What are the most overused phrases in the anime?

"PSYCHED." -every Pokécharacter in existence
  4. Poliwhirl42

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Hey, guys! It's been too long! I'm happy too that all of us are jumping back on the bandwagon here, now that X/Y has begun! Quick question- are there any English translations of the Rocket Radio drama? I'm so jealous that there are a few of you that understand Japanese, and I feel as though I...
  5. Poliwhirl42

Could Gary Appear?

This is probably just speculation, but I've noticed a pattern over the years: -Gary appeared in the Indigo series -Did not appear in Orange Islands -Appeared in Johto as primary rival -Did not appear in Hoenn (with the exception of his Chronicles episode and Ash's battle with him before...
  6. Poliwhirl42

Scenes you wanted to see in the anime

- Misty and Brock met kind of awkwardly. I always wanted to see how they eventually got to know each other before Episode 6. - I never understood why the writers hardly featured Lance and Steven more. I'm assuming bringing in the Champions wasn't that big of a deal in the earlier series as it...
  7. Poliwhirl42

Where are Butch & Cassidy?

It would've been nice to see them featured in the TR/TP arc, if that had been aired. Sadly, I didn't expect them to appear much longer because their focus slowly went towards Dr. Namba's plans, rather than Giovanni's. That reason alone, along with the fact that Team Rocket is not really a huge...
  8. Poliwhirl42

The Funniest Episode from Each Region

Although everyone has their own opinions on each of the anime series, I think we can all agree that there's always that one episode that stands out from the rest and is either ridiculous or just downright funny, or both. I figured everyone can post their top funniest episode for each arc/region...
  9. Poliwhirl42

Characters You Wish Had Met

Ash and Jimmy (Legend of Thunder) Gary and Paul Gary and Drew Gary and May Misty and Dawn Misty and Iris Misty and Cilan Tracey and Cilan Barry and Trip (XD)
  10. Poliwhirl42

Music Will Shinji Miyazaki finally release the rest of the Best Wishes music?

Pretty self-explanatory. We got the 1997-2010 CD right after Diamond and Pearl ended, and we also got four main BW BGM tracks (not including all openings and endings) at the start of the series. But now that Best Wishes is almost officially over, do you think all the rest of the tracks will be...
  11. Poliwhirl42

Music Background music of the show

I have two, and both are found in the original Japanese dub only. The first is found a few rare times in Best Wishes, but being that they haven't announced an official BW soundtrack yet, I can't post it on here. It plays in the original dub of "Butterfree and Me!", when Ash has flashbacks about...
  12. Poliwhirl42

Episodes & Scenes of Best Wishes you LIKE

Re: Episodes and scenes of Best Wishes you LIKE Any episode with any of the rivals, namely the ones where most or all of them were together.
  13. Poliwhirl42

Anime: Creepiest/Scariest Looking Characters

^This guy. 'Nuff said.
  14. Poliwhirl42

Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

I didn't mind Dawn winning the Wallace Cup. Sure, May has had more experience, but I thought it was a pretty fair fight and we've already seen May win a bunch of battles for years; I was glad they gave Dawn the spotlight this time.
  15. Poliwhirl42

What was the last thing that made you smile?

One of my best guy friends asked me to Prom today using a Pokemon card with my face on it, "Attract" as the main move, and the word "Prom?" written beneath it. Absolutely loved it.
  16. Poliwhirl42

If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like?

Re: If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like I never once mentioned "bloodshed" or "graphic violence" in this, and I certainly don't think that it would make for a watchable series, either. I never even said that I think that the anime would be BETTER...
  17. Poliwhirl42

If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like?

Now I don't necessarily mean that it would be too violent or inappropriate, but how would you view it on a more mature level? You don't have to discuss this in too much detail in terms of Ash being older, shipping so-and-so with so-and-so, etc., because there are obviously already threads for...
  18. Poliwhirl42

Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song

I liked this song, but this would've sounded good in place of the "Rival Destinies" opening. I feel like it almost doesn't belong this far in the season, especially since there's barely any Episode N/Cameron/Virgil in it. They could've at least pulled a "Sinnoh League Victors" and given us a...
  19. Poliwhirl42

Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song

Well, wouldja look at that- a new opening! ("Ha" to the people who said there wouldn't be. ;P)
  20. Poliwhirl42

Favourite Friendship between Ash and his female companions

Definitely Dawn and Ash. "Pokemon reflect the feelings of that of their trainers." Dawn and Ash's pokemon were extremely close, like a huge and very diverse family. You can definitely tell that no matter what Ash/Dawn did, the other was always making sure to cheer them on and comfort them after...
Back
Top Bottom