Search results for query: *

1. Poliwhirl42

The Funniest Episode from Each Region

Although everyone has their own opinions on each of the anime series, I think we can all agree that there's always that one episode that stands out from the rest and is either ridiculous or just downright funny, or both. I figured everyone can post their top funniest episode for each arc/region...
  2. Poliwhirl42

Music Will Shinji Miyazaki finally release the rest of the Best Wishes music?

Pretty self-explanatory. We got the 1997-2010 CD right after Diamond and Pearl ended, and we also got four main BW BGM tracks (not including all openings and endings) at the start of the series. But now that Best Wishes is almost officially over, do you think all the rest of the tracks will be...
  3. Poliwhirl42

If Pokemon was directed towards an older audience, what do you think it'd be like?

Now I don't necessarily mean that it would be too violent or inappropriate, but how would you view it on a more mature level? You don't have to discuss this in too much detail in terms of Ash being older, shipping so-and-so with so-and-so, etc., because there are obviously already threads for...
  4. Poliwhirl42

Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song

Well, wouldja look at that- a new opening! ("Ha" to the people who said there wouldn't be. ;P)
  5. Poliwhirl42

If you could change the TRio's role or personality in Best Wishes...

There are a lot of fans who felt that a serious, more competent Team Rocket was a refreshing way to bring JJ&M back for another run in Unova, but there are also a number of fans who were disappointed in the lack of personality the writers failed to give them in this season. We can obviously see...
  6. Poliwhirl42

If you could "redo" the first episode in any way...

As great as the first episode was, do you think it could've been altered in any way? Do you think Ash should've received Pikachu differently? Do you think some sort of backstory should've been necessary, such as where Pikachu actually came from? What about the very beginning? Did you like the...
  7. Poliwhirl42

How would you compare the Hoenn League to that of the other regions?

Since we're in the midst of a very debatable Unova League right now, I got to thinking about Ash's experience in all the past Leagues so far. To be honest, I felt like the Hoenn League arc is overshadowed by both the Johto and Sinnoh Leagues and the Grand Festival, which took place right before...
  8. Poliwhirl42

If the anime was set up as a musical...

...well? Disregarding all the anime-exclusive songs we've heard so far, whether it be all international openings and albums, what would it be like and how would it be set up? You don't have to start from the first episode either, you could always pick an arc, like Hoenn for example, and give me...
  9. Poliwhirl42

If you were in the anime, who would be your best friend?

Who do you think you'd relate to? Barry's humor? Dawn's sense of style? Paul's quietness and strength? Misty's hotheadedness? What would you do? Talk about? Joke about? Who would you confide in? I'm a lot like Luke, and I'd love to be his friend because we have a lot in common! In college I...
  10. Poliwhirl42

Do you think there will be a new English opening, now that Dawn will make a cameo?

...Unless they pull a D/P and decide to keep the song but change the video clips, like they did with the two Galactic Battles themes...
  11. Poliwhirl42

If you were in charge of writing/directing a live-action Pokemon movie...

What would you do? Would you use the game characters, anime characters, manga characters, possibly combine them into one dimension, or create your own set of protagonists and antagonists? Would there be a specific pokemon highlighted and connected to the plot? What about the storyline? What type...
  12. Poliwhirl42

How do you compare the original Kanto series to the Battle Frontier series?

I'm curious to know your opinion on how BF reflected its predecessor series, BESIDES the obvious dub change, replacement of Misty with May, Max, and Hoenn characters, and the introduction of contests to Kanto. Personally, I don't think BF gave off the same essence that Kanto had in the original...
  13. Poliwhirl42

How do you feel about Pikachu's development throughout the series so far?

The recent Rocket two-parter really got me thinking about this, after seeing Pikachu's role in the second part. Do you think he's at a very high level by now (even though "levels" don't generally occur in the anime, I don't think...)? Or do you think the writers sort of "reset" him each new...
  14. Poliwhirl42

Who is the manliest out of [insert three Pokeguys here]?

I know, it seems dumb, but I thought it might be funny to see what everyone's opinions are. XD RULES: This follows basically the same format as the "Marry, Make Out With, Throw off a Cliff" thread. I'll start with posting three different names of guys from the anime, and you guys can...
  15. Poliwhirl42

How often do you actually *watch* Pokemon?

Are you a hardcore fan who enjoys watching random episodes, no matter if they are original, AG, DP, or BW? Or are you more the type that's seen them all but only really stays tuned for the new episode each week? Do you only watch when you have to find a specific part in something, or watch an...
  16. Poliwhirl42

You're stranded on an island- Which three characters would you pick to be with/why?

Brock, Dawn, and Gary. Why? Because Brock can cook, Dawn is the girl that I could hang out/have girly heart-to-hearts with, and Gary's just plain awesome. What about you guys? XD
  17. Poliwhirl42

If the pre-BW2 short was made into series, would you still watch the regular anime?

Just curious to what people's thoughts on *here* were. I've seen many Youtube comments screaming for a brand new series, focused on the protagonists of BW2, directed towards a slightly older audience, and possessing an anime style very different from the regular anime. I'm not saying that this...
  18. Poliwhirl42

Which "Departure" Episode Was the Most Memorable/Emotional?

Did Misty's "goodbye" flashback get the best of you? Or did Ash and Dawn's final D/P "high-five" make you teary? I'm not embarrassed to say that both scenes made me tear up a little. Although May and Max's departure also counts, I personally thought the other two were better. What do you guys...
  19. Poliwhirl42

The Brock-shipping Thread

This thread is dedicated to my favorite character on Pokemon! :crush: We see him flirt with a girl in almost every episode. Why not discuss your thoughts about who you'd like to see Brock with eventually in the anime? Rules: 1. Please no bashing, spamming, or flaming. 2. There is a Brock...
Back
Top Bottom