• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Puddle

What is the last thing you learned that is Pokémon related?

I recently learned that Lugia was originally known as "Pokémon X" and in early concept art by Ken Sugimori it actually had a big letter "X" on its chest.
  2. Puddle

Things that spooked you in Pokémon

Aether Paradise. On the surface it looks like an idyllic sanctuary for Pokémon, but everything's a little too clean, a little too perfect... The laboratories in the basement, the masks the scientists wear, and Lusamine's "trophy room" all give me the creeps. I find Cinnabar Mansion...
  3. Puddle

If You Could Add One New or Previous Feature to SV What Would It Be?

This might seem like a small thing, but I'd bring back the ability to switch between different forms of a Pokémon in the Pokédex. I'm really surprised they removed that feature. The form displayed does change to whichever one you last caught, so at least it's not permanently stuck on one form.
  4. Puddle

Do you mostly use your Switch docked or Handheld?

I bought my Switch second hand without the dock to save a bit of money. I used tabletop mode sometimes when I first got it, but lately I've been using handheld mode almost exclusively. I bought a Hori Split Pad Pro because the joy cons were drifting.
  5. Puddle

Simple Questions/Simple Answers (Legends Arceus)

Does anyone know whether Legends: Arceus has a day one patch like BDSP, or is all the content included on the physical cartridge this time?
  6. Puddle

Picking up my copy of Legends Arceus on Friday!

With BDSP and Legends being released so close together, I suspected that I might still be engrossed in the former when the latter came out, and I was right. I'm still halfway through a second playthrough Brilliant Diamond, so I'll probably finish that before I get Legends. But I very much look...
  7. Puddle

The Legends: Arceus Graphics Discussion

I should probably clarify that the screenshot I posted is one of TPC's pre-release ones, not one that I took myself. :) I haven't got the game yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the graphics look like on a Switch. Even if the graphics haven't been improved, I think just seeing them...
  8. Puddle

The Legends: Arceus Graphics Discussion

While the graphics are perhaps not quite as detailed as they could have been, I do like the aesthetic. Everything looks as if it's been hand-painted which gives the game an old-time storybook feel, and the clouds are beautiful. I love how the sky looks at night.
  9. Puddle

BDSP Travelog Thread

I've been playing through Brilliant Diamond again, this time with an unevolved Turtwig. It took me hours to find an Everstone in the Underground! My plan is to keep Turtwig in the first slot of my party at all times and drastically overlevel it, so that it hopefully remains as strong as the...
  10. Puddle

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

So far, 60 species of Pokemon are yet to appear in a main series Switch game: Do you think it's safe to assume that these Pokemon will all be appearing in Gen 9 (either in the regional dex, or as hidden extras), to ensure every Pokemon has appeared in at least one Switch game? Deerling and...
  11. Puddle

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

One thing I love about Butterfree is that its Compound Eyes ability boosts the accuracy of Sleep Powder. But yeah, for the most part I find it a lot easier to just use Thunder Wave once, and then focus on throwing Poke Balls! I'm glad you caught Uxie in the end. I'd be interested to hear what...
  12. Puddle

Funnily enough, I also used Absol to catch Uxie but I taught it the TM for False Swipe, which you can buy at Veilstone Department Store. I also paralysed it with Luxray's Thunder Wave. Sleep technically works better than paralysis for catching Pokemon, but I find paralysis more convenient...
  13. Puddle

Pokémon you prefer NOT shiny

I actually prefer the non-shiny forms 99% of the time, because they look more natural and they're what I'm familiar with. Off the top of my head, the only Pokemon I can think of that I prefer in its shiny form is Genesect.
  14. Puddle

A Spinoff Game Focused On Contests?

Ooh, this is a cool idea! In the anime, many people dedicate their lives to being coordinators rather than trainers, so it's only right that there should be a game where players can do the same. I've always liked the term "coordinator" and thought that they should start using it in the game...
  15. Puddle

I don't know a lot about game design, but wouldn't they have had to re-program everything from scratch for a Switch game? Surely it can't be as simple as copying the original game's source code. They probably had access to things like the original concept art and story notes, though. I've...
  16. Puddle

Has anyone else noticed how you can't use more than five number digits in the names of your PC boxes? As far as I know, this has never happened in a Pokemon game before. It means that you can't label your boxes for a Living Dex unless you use Os instead of 0s, which is really annoying. I...
  17. Puddle

BDSP Appreciation thread

This is a much-needed thread! Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are very underrated games. The chibi models are really cute and I think they actually work better than the Gen 6 ones. The battle graphics are the best we've ever seen in a mainline Pokemon game. The overworld looks lovely too...
  18. Puddle

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl)

I've noticed that Latias, Latios, Kyogre and Groudon aren't version-exclusives. Does this mean you can catch all four of them in one game, or do you have to choose between them like the legendaries in the Crown Tundra?
  19. Puddle

Oh really? I didn't notice that! Maybe the game starts referring to him as "Boss" as soon as his role in Team Galactic becomes clear in the story.
  20. Puddle

Did anyone else notice how during the climax at the Spear Pillar, Cyrus' dialogue boxes refer to him as "Boss" instead of by his name? Any ideas why they did that? My guess is that it's meant to make him seem more imposing while he puts his plan into action, but it did strike me as slightly...
Back
Top Bottom