Search results for query: *

• Users: Puddle
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Puddle

BW vs. B2W2

Inspired by the SM vs. USUM thread. Which pair of Generation V games is your favourite, and why?
  2. Puddle

I keep getting the urge to restart games

I have a problem that interferes with my ability to enjoy Pokemon games, and I'm wondering if anyone can relate. I obsess over all kinds of small details such as the date I started playing, which Pokemon I use, the data that's registered in my Pokedex, and so on. If something doesn't feel...
  3. Puddle

P25 Music

I'm a music geek, so the P25 Music project has been one of the most exciting parts of the anniversary celebrations for me. It was thrilling, and a bit surreal, to see such high-profile artists as Kygo and Rita Ora getting involved in the Detective Pikachu film in 2019, and now more artists...
  4. Puddle

BDSP Are you planning on getting the game?

I saw a thread like this on another forum, and thought it was an interesting topic. Are you currently planning on getting the game(s), and if so, do you think you will buy it on release day? Is this what you would normally do when a Pokemon game comes out, or have your plans changed? I will...
  5. Puddle

Were Diamond and Pearl the ultimate games?

Junichi Masuda once wrote on his blog that he wanted Diamond and Pearl to be the "ultimate version" of Pokémon. Do you think him and his team succeeded? Were Diamond and Pearl, at the time of their release, the ultimate Pokémon games? I think they were, at least in some respects. The way...
  6. Puddle

Preservation of the Pokémon video games

I've been quite vocal over the past year about my concerns regarding DLC and the impermanence of digital content. Despite having already purchased the Sword Expansion Pass digitally, I was considering getting the physical bundle as a way of preserving it for the future. But the recent reports...
  7. Puddle

Have you ever regretted looking at leaks?

In the lead-up to a new Pokemon game release, leaks have become somewhat inevitable. Some fans can't get enough of them, while others avoid them at all costs. What's your stance on leaks? Have you ever looked at them, and if so, do you feel that they enhanced or detracted from your experience...
  8. Puddle

BDSP Which Sinnoh game are you most excited for?

Sinnoh confirmed - twice! Two games set in the Sinnoh region are on the horizon, but which one are you looking forward to the most? The Pokemon Company ran a poll similar to this on social media, but I think it was a bit unfair because they made Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl two separate...
  9. Puddle

BDSP Which starter will you choose?

Ah, there's nothing like a good old starter Pokémon poll! Who will you choose - Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup? I will almost certainly be choosing Turtwig. It was my #1 favourite Pokémon for a while, and has always been my go-to starter in both Pearl and Platinum. Part of me thinks it would be...
  10. Puddle

Removing all randomness from battles - would it work?

Some people claim that Pokemon isn't a truly competitive game, because there is an element of chance to the battles. A Pokemon dodging a Focus Blast, being frozen by an Ice Beam, or getting a stat boost from Ancient Power can completely turn the tides. But what would happen if all randomness...
  11. Puddle

Any Doctor Who fans here?

There are two franchises I'm a massive fan of. One of them is Pokémon, and the other is Doctor Who! Does anyone else here like Doctor Who? Which Doctor is your favourite? I love all of them, but my number one favourite is Matt Smith, the first Doctor I watched right from the beginning of his...
  12. Puddle

Did Mina travel through time?

In Sun and Moon, Red and Blue are in their twenties. In Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, they're 11. Mina, however, appears to be about the same age in both games. How did this come about? Did she travel through time, or slip through an Ultra Wormhole into an alternate universe? Perhaps the...
  13. Puddle

What's your favourite region?

Eight regions, each with their own unique culture, geography and biodiversity. Which is your favourite, and why? Additionally, feel free to talk about your least favourite region, or even rank all of them, if you like.
  14. Puddle

Design your perfect game

Imagine that you were the director of an upcoming Pokémon game, and had free reign to do absolutely anything. What would that game look like? Which aspects of the series would you change, and which would you keep the same? What kinds of Pokémon, characters, locations, storylines and features...
  15. Puddle

Least favourite core series game?

A counterpart to the "Favourite core series game?" thread. Which core series game is your least favourite, and why?
  16. Puddle

Favourite core series game?

The "favourite" and "least favourite" threads for enhanced versions, remakes and primary paired versions were a lot of fun. Now the Crown Tundra is out and we can experience Sword and Shield in what is presumably their entirety, it seems like a good time for a pair of definitive polls for the...
  17. Puddle

Your favourite Ghost-type Pokémon (Hallowe'en special!)

With Hallowe'en approaching, I thought it would be a good time to talk about Ghost-type Pokémon. Which ones do you like the most? My favourite is Decidueye. When its concept art leaked prior to Sun and Moon's release, I desperately wanted it to be real because I love the design so much...
  18. Puddle

Your favourite unevolved Pokémon

Over in the controversial opinions thread, @Type Moon made a great point about unevolved Pokémon: So I thought it would be nice to make a thread where we can show our appreciation for unevolved Pokémon. Which are your favourites? Have you ever tried making them part of your team in a game...
  19. Puddle

What was the first Pokemon you ever caught?

Inspired by the "Is your favorite starter the first one you ever picked?" thread. Most of us remember the first starter we ever chose, but can you remember what the first wild Pokemon you ever caught was? And does that Pokemon hold any special significance for you today? Pokemon GO counts...
  20. Puddle

What are your dreams and aspirations?

Pokémon is all about having dreams and aspirations, so let's talk about our real life ones! They can be big or small... maybe there's a place you'd like to visit, or a career you want to pursue, or you want to get married and have children, or you're secretly plotting to be the next President...
Back
Top Bottom