• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Beth Pavell

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

There is a certain amount of nostalgia on this one, it has to be said. I wonder how much Workshop history is buried on these pages
  2. Beth Pavell

The Dos & Don'ts of Worldbuilding

I think generally a good idea is to think things through. How far you think them through depends on how seriously you intend the world to be taken - it's a sliding scale - but the slip-ups tend to manifest when the author has come up with an idea that's convenient for the plot without...
  3. Beth Pavell

Event Autumn 2023 One-Shot Winners

Well, we're here at last folks! Time for the winners announcements for this year: Best Written (Judge Chosen) Feast of the Wolf, by @airmail Best Use of Theme (Judge Chosen) Night of the Coquecigrue, by @Viridian Beedrill We loved the imaginative worldbuilding in this one! Best Overall...
  4. Beth Pavell

Event Autumn 2023 One-shot Contest Discussion Thread

I had planned on finishing a one-shot in time for Hallowe'en - not as part of the contest - since I don't have the time to write a 10,000 word short as I did in previous years. At this point I don't know whether I'm going to finish it this year, either, but it doesn't much help to give up more...
  5. Beth Pavell

Event Autumn 2023 One-Shot Announcement

And that's the entries! Keep an eye out for the discussion thread coming very soon! (Oh, and get writing)
  6. Beth Pavell

EVERYONE: The Erthe Beyonde
    Threadmarks: 5. Crystal Bells

Crystal Bells 22nd Spring - 28th Spring “And flies when I pursue it” 22ND SPRING I usually go up to the mountains by way of the village, taking the lane past the Community Centre, but today I went North, through the woods behind Buckland. The air sharp with resin, an earthy spice from Robin’s...
  7. Beth Pavell

Bearing in mind that we're not going to narrowly define the theme - part of the point of the Best Use of Theme prize is to see who comes up with the most imaginative/interesting/apropos use of the given theme
  8. Beth Pavell

It's that time of year again - the Autumn is rapidly approaching, and so it's time for the Hallowe'en one-shot competition The brief explanation is that it will last two months, each entrant gets to write a short story under this theme, and everybody gets a bunch of reviews. For more details...
  9. Beth Pavell

Skincare

I used to use some mild face washes, back when I sold cosmetics for living. Really, though, genetics has been kind to me in this regard - I'll only really use a bit of moisturiser around the eyes when it's allergy season. Face scrubs tend to make things worse, and any more moisturiser is just an...
  10. Beth Pavell

Event February Event: Spread the Love Around!

Somewhat belatedly but the results are in, the challengers challenged, and soon - the prizes awarded. @lisianthus @Torchic W. Pip @InfiniteBakuphoon @DRX.maliant @Ryoma Maser @Daren @System Error @Cresselia92 @kintsugi - one of you will shortly have the choice of two bonus reviews for stories of...
  11. Beth Pavell

Event February Event: Spread the Love Around!

This February I once again issue my challenge. To you. Yes, you. Go on. Chicken! CHICKEN! From the 10th of this month through to the 17th, I challenge you to write at least one review per day, every day! It doesn't matter who you write them for or for what stories. Just keep the streak going...
  12. Beth Pavell

Event Autumn 2022 One-Shot Winners

Good evening! At long last, we have a winner's list! I have to admit, this year was rather more chaotic than unusual, but we got there in the end, and more importantly, there are plenty of new stories to read and enjoy. I won't bore you with any further flannel: Best Written (Judge chosen)...
  13. Beth Pavell

Event Autumn 2022 One-Shot public vote

Voting is now closed! Look out for results announcement very soon!
  14. Beth Pavell

General PSA here - you should be able to change your vote if you want to
  15. Beth Pavell

It's time! The entries are in, and so from now until the end of the judging period, you can vote for Best Overall Story. As expected, you may not vote for yourself if you've entered - judges can't vote either - but otherwise the choice is yours. Behold, the entries: Weakened Boundaries, by...
  16. Beth Pavell

Event Autumn 2022 One-shot Competition Announcement

And now the entries are closed! Everyone, including non-judges, can now use this time to read everyone's work and pick their choice for best entry
  17. Beth Pavell

Event Autumn 2022 One-shot Discussion Thread

@Torchic W. Pip, @Cresselia92, @takoyaki, @Daren, @Psycho Monkey, @AinaMangrove, @Lone_Garurumon, @InfiniteBakuphoon, @PandaSamma, @Prince Mulan, @spookiserenity, @Lightning Flame Blast, @joshthewriter, @ShieldDoesPixels, @Ryoma Maser, @System Error, @newpokemonfan, @columboisreal, @Minnachu...
  18. Beth Pavell

@Torchic W. Pip, @Cresselia92, @takoyaki, @Daren, @Psycho Monkey, @AinaMangrove, @Lone_Garurumon, @InfiniteBakuphoon, @PandaSamma, @Prince Mulan, @spookiserenity, @Lightning Flame Blast, @joshthewriter, @ShieldDoesPixels, @Ryoma Maser, @System Error, @newpokemonfan, @columboisreal, @Minnachu...
  19. Beth Pavell

Obsolete: [OLD] The Writers' Workshop Rulebook & Information Hub
    Threadmarks: October Newsletter - Wk 2

Announcements We're into the last two weeks of writing time for the One-Shot contest! Give it your best shot! New Releases Rocket Kitchen Roulette, by @columboisreal Giovanni kidnaps Wallace, Nessa, Serena, Calem, Looker, Wattson, Volkner, and Sophocles and makes them participants in his...
  20. Beth Pavell

Well, I'm hoping that once my WSET exam is behind me I'll be able to focus properly on getting words on the page
Back
Top Bottom